Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6125&start_row=11

Is the bible to be considered African culture of JAH culture?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 7/1/2015 3:00:40 PM

No, it's Hebrew. Any Rasta who rejects the Bible because it's not "African" is not following the God of the bible. Don't mind all the AFRICA talk, as long as you are a good person HIM will reward you

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/1/2015 6:30:32 PM

How can one tell Rastas (an AFRICAN movement) to "don't mind all the African talk"???????

Haile Selassie I on Spirituality:

"The temple of the most high begins with the human body, which houses our life, essence of our existence.

Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through Religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors.

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality.

Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans which were supposed to help people grow spiritually.

Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle.

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simple a way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high.

Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and each other.

As the essence of our existence it embodies our culture, true identity, nationhood and destiny.

A people without a nation they can really call their own is a people without a soul.

Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her.

When African righteous people come together, the world will come together.

This is our divine destiny."

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/1/2015 6:56:06 PM

REAL QUESTION DEH!

But seems like some cross throwing goin on ya tho

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/2/2015 12:11:16 AM

Lemuel. Yu said yu Afrikaan & yu even doin what Afrikaaners are notorious fo (lookin down pon de Black race). I & I who stand fo de cause of de Rastafari movement are promoting Africa yet yu dis Africa. Why? Is it bcos yu have inherited yo hatred fo I & I Black people from yo ancestors who are de slave masters? Afrikaaner people are notorious fo bein anti-Black & now yu already showin dat. It seems yu are de anti-Christ. Burn God of de bible, burn Lemuel, burn anti-Black.

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 7/2/2015 3:17:22 AM

I'm not racist...I just think if we want to promote unity we should leave race out of it

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/2/2015 6:54:50 AM

How Africans go leave race out when InI have been and are being downpressed as a RACE... NOT as a tribe or clan or country but as InI RACE on all fronts from physically felt and seen to spiritually unseen, economically, educationally, linguistically, nutritionally, culturally etc.....

Assimilation and integration was tried in the USA, well 2015 where has that gotten I?
Still fighting the same downpressors and they downprssions

If race gets left out then the AFRICANS' cause if lost

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/2/2015 5:14:59 PM

Rastafari Movement is REBORN outta Jamaica in the face of racism and in the spirit of AFRICA. It is an AFRICAN movement, for and by AFRICAN people. The Spirit of Nyahbingi is an AFRICAN one.

It is offensive to come among an African movement and people and tell them they will be rewarded if they just leave Africa out of it.

It is like Europeans invading African lands and saying "if only we could simply get rid of the "natives"

H.I.M is an AFRICAN
InI are AFRICAN
RASTA IS AFRICAN

If ya come round InI, ya must bow down to a BLACK GOD. If you can't...Rasta is not for you.

It's just that simple.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/2/2015 5:27:04 PM

DID H.I.M WANT TO IGNORE RACE??

Emperor Haile Selassie was an influential leader that advocated for the independence and freedom of Africa and Africans on the world stage. He was also the last monarch of Ethiopia who defeated the Italian Fascist Invasion from 1935-1941. Voted Man of the Year and featured on the front cover in Time Magazine in 1930, Emperor Haile Selassie’s contributions to African unity, independence, peace and collective security are unmatched by any other African or world leader.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/2/2015 7:12:48 PM

^^Dey left NKRUMAH out?????????????

ILAFUL PICTURE EMPRESS
ILAFUL

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/2/2015 7:34:45 PM

Today is the 90th Earthlight of Lumumba!

Bless!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I