Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6125&start_row=1

Is the bible to be considered African culture of JAH culture?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras.asher.tafari.israel Sent: 6/30/2015 12:54:49 AM

Asking because i see ones who hail H.I.M. always reject certain parts of the bible and then back it up by saying its not African.Or should the question be who's original culture is supreme JAH or AFRICA?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/30/2015 2:00:03 AM

That question can't run. They are two in the same. Cannot seperate His Majesty from Africa

Messenger: ras.asher.tafari.israel Sent: 6/30/2015 2:12:06 AM

Exactly thats why i was wondering how some justify not knowing all the bible by saying oh this isnt african so im not goin to do it...JAH is african in nationality but holds the hebrew israelite culture of his forefathers....Is it one in the same or different? The way some ras talk is like the bible and african culture are 2 diff things. Even thou JAH say he glory in the bible its the rallying point of mankind I keep hearing the samething oh u cant believe everything thats in the bible....jus wann get the I dem view a tings..bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/30/2015 2:40:50 AM

African culture is greater than the Bible

African culture is bigger than the Bible.

African culture is the root. Of which the Israelite stories are a small peripheral part. The Bible is loosely based on ancient peripheral african texts.

Haile Selassie the head of a unified PanAfrica.. Joined forces with Nkrumah (Muslim) and leaders of other faiths..... Put their religious differences aside to deal with the removal of colonialism and the liberation of black people. It is on this premise we see religion is a side issue...... Belief is a side issue.

I man RasTafari in the name of PanAfrican liberation in response to slavery colonialism and white supremacy. Not because of religious belief or anything within the Bible. King Ori, HAILE Selassie I relation and first on the throne, superseeds any biblical character. InI roots > Bible, we just have to connect to it

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/30/2015 2:47:30 AM

I ancestors may have set the foundation for the thing but have never been limited to Israelite culture alone. And nothing I have seen to suggest that this is superior. His Majesty represent PanAfricanism, and the original..... Not just Israelite African culture, don't limit HIM to any religion

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/30/2015 7:09:13 AM

We "AFRICANS" will fight, NOT we Hebrews

Is there any where HIM not refers to HIM self as AFRICAN but Hebrew?

Messenger: ras.asher.tafari.israel Sent: 6/30/2015 11:09:30 AM

So its different? Not limiting or boxing in HIM but we must accept that even though he was excepting of other faiths he practiced one and it wasnt any african culture it was str8 from the bible. African/hebrew same thing to me if u look at the geanology...religion as a side issue, i dont deal with religion myself but thats all HIM dealt with in every conference and no politics, so obviously its not to be just put to the side

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/30/2015 2:10:28 PM

Religion is not all HIM dealt with at all. And when rasta first start to sight His Majesty we were not aware of his religion that was a side issue. We looked to him first in the name of african liberstion in a response to being domicile on a former slave plantation island.

The Bible may be a good thing in Ethiopia. In the West, it has caused nothing but black destruction and contain too many anti african verses for it to ever be a part of I liberation

You don't have to agree. The point im making is that the beliefs of a man do not make him any more or less Rastafari. It's a livity, under African consciousness

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/30/2015 11:28:22 PM

Yes I Lord. De bible has caused Black distraction even ina de whole mama land. De bible is not de African culture. African culture was not crafted by de beast yet de bible was crafted by de beast. De bible is realy de weapon of mass brain-washing. I & I are not Israel but are of Africa. Africa is I & I forcast not Israel. Burn bible, burn Jesus, burn colonialism.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 7/1/2015 3:12:46 AM

ras.asher.tafari.israel

If I phone would upload images,I would have shown you images of H.I.M wearing traditional regalia of a sangoma.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I