Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6124&start_row=71

Double standard

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 129
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/1/2015 6:42:54 PM

Maybe he on this forum too. Conscious black people know what it is.... So I'm good.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/1/2015 6:52:28 PM

REAL TALK DEH

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/2/2015 9:53:28 AM

Of course most people dont want a race war, but the system does. I have explained this several times.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/2/2015 12:08:54 PM

Political pundits are fueling racial divisions in order to distract and control the population. In a magnitude perhaps not seen since the Reconstruction Era, America is currently being hit with an unprecedented wave of racially-motivated violence as media pundits promote racial division rather than equality. Using the “divide and conquer” technique as outlined in Niccolò Machiavelli’s 16th century treatise The Art of War, media “talking heads” are attempting to push Americans back into tribalism by promoting superficial racial divisions in order to distract us from the constant erosion of our rights.
This technique was used successfully by Spanish conquistadors in conquering tens of thousands of Aztecs and Incans with only a few dozen men.
For months, racial tensions and violence have been flaring up across the country.
On July 16 in Senatobia, Miss., three black men abducted a white man as he was jogging alongside a road.
One of the assailants asked the jogger “Do you know who Trayvon Martin was?” before badly beating him.
On the same day in Baltimore, Md., a group of black youths chased a Hispanic man around a park before kicking, stomping, and pistol whipping him while yelling “This is for Trayvon.”
Last month, Breitbart published an article entitled “Oprah: Just because you’re not using n-word, harboring ill will towards blacks doesn’t mean you’re not racist.”
The article covers the August 15 edition of CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360° in which Oprah Winfrey responded to a quote from a George Zimmerman trial juror who felt that race wasn’t a factor in the case.
“People don’t feel it’s race because people don’t call it race,” she said. “A lot of people think if they think they’re not using the n-word themselves, they physically aren’t using the n-word themselves, and do not harbor ill will towards black people that it’s not racist.”
“But to me it’s ridiculous to look at that case and not to think that race was involved.”
The next day in Duncan, Okla., three youths randomly gunned down East Central University baseball player Chris Lane as he jogged alongside a road.
Although the teenagers claimed they killed Lane out of “boredom,” at least one of the suspected had posted racist tweets from his Twitter account (username: jamesakabug) such as: 90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM

Several days later in the state of Washington, the Spokane police released an affidavit stating that Demetruis Glenn and Kenan Adams-Kinard, both 16, pummeled to death World War II veteran Delbert “Shorty” Belton, 88, as he sat inside of his car outside of a pool hall on the night of August 21.
Belton, who was wounded in combat during the Battle of Okinawa, was buried with military honors.
Spokane detective Mark Griffiths called the attack “random.”
“He was in the parking lot, it appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault,” he said to KXLY.
During the last week of August, media “talking heads” declared that a rodeo clown was racist for wearing a Halloween Obama mask as he kept bull riders safe from charging bulls at the Missouri State Fair rodeo.
In response, the Missouri State Fair banned the clown for life and forced the other clowns to undergo expensive “sensitivity training.”
In New York’s Union Station on September 4, LeShawn Marten, 31, reportedly beat retired train conductor Jeffrey Babbitt, 62, while shouting “I hate white people” and “the next white person who walks by I’m going to [expletive].”
Babbitt died yesterday evening after being declared “brain dead” with a cracked skull.
The latest racial attack occurred in Manhattan on September 6 as an unknown assailant called a bus rider a “cracker” before punching him in the face, breaking his nose and eye socket.

In a refreshing contrast to the racial division designed to distract all of us, regardless of skin color, from the loss of our rights, Dr. Alveda King, the niece of the late civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., promotes equality as the only solution towards peace and liberty.
“The truth is that we are all humans belonging to only one race,” Dr. King said in a commentary. “Racial reconciliation can only mean that we reconcile to the truth that we are all one race of human beings created equal.”
“Even though we have ethnic distinctions, those distinctions do not separate us from the human race any more than do our stage of development or state of physical dependency. We are all fully human. When we face this truth, there is no justification for treating those who look different than us as lesser beings. If we simply treat other people the way we’d like to be treated, racism, abortion, and other forms of inhumanity will be things of the past.”

Warning: Strong language!

A white man making very good points, but since he is white go ahead and demonize him... My entire point.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/2/2015 1:55:44 PM

Any blackman who chooses to have a hatred for the white race..... is not due to the media.

All the examples you have of perceived media race baiting what about all the others where they seem to be sugar coating the real racial issues. The Kid who burned the churches being charged with murder and not terrorism for one, the minimalistic coverage of subsequent 6 black churches in the south whe ketch fire, the hesitancy to label the whole thing as racial, the lack of investigation into the terrorist group which indoctrinated and trained or sent the order to the kid in the first place. He should be treated like as if it was ISIS, anyting less = sugar coating not raCE baiting. SO you could argue both ways..... but im saying if any blackman decide to lick out against the white race in general.... dont FOOL yourself into thinking its because of the media lol. I know many a blackman who would describe they feelings toward whites as 'hatred' but not because of what FOX news has said to them....

Statistically in 2015, white christians and the police system are still more of a terrorist threat to the black race than muslims/ISIS or any other world terrorist group.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/2/2015 2:42:37 PM

Praises GARVEYS AFRICA. Finally I feel this reasoning is going somewhere..

My entire argument is not that ALL hate is drawn from media but that the media is definitely working to surface more hate and division with multiple baiting operations. Many people are greatly influenced by corporate media's talking heads.. Especially when the president fosters it..

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 7/2/2015 5:21:34 PM

Who are they baiting? If they wanted to piss off Black people then why does the media fail to report on so much of White on Black violence, particularly the most aggregious cases? And you said yourself that the media never reports Black on White violence. So what are you trying to say here?

"Mainstream dictionary definitions reduce racism to individual racial prejudice and the intentional actions that result. The people that commit these intentional acts are deemed bad, and those that don’t are good. If we are against racism and unaware of committing racist acts, we can’t be racist; racism and being a good person have become mutually exclusive. But this definition does little to explain how racial hierarchies are consistently reproduced.

Social scientists understand racism as a multidimensional and highly adaptive system—a system that ensures an unequal distribution of resources between racial groups. Because whites built and dominate all significant institutions, (often at the expense of and on the uncompensated labor of other groups), their interests are embedded in the foundation of U.S. society.

While individual whites may be against racism, they still benefit from the distribution of resources controlled by their group. Yes, an individual person of color can sit at the tables of power, but the overwhelming majority of decision-makers will be white. Yes, white people can have problems and face barriers, but systematic racism won’t be one of them. This distinction—between individual prejudice and a system of unequal institutionalized racial power—is fundamental. One cannot understand how racism functions in the U.S. today if one ignores group power relations....

...The following patterns make it difficult for white people to understand racism as a system and lead to the dynamics of white fragility. While they do not apply to every white person, they are well-documented overall:

The Good/Bad Binary: The most effective adaptation of racism over time is the idea that racism is conscious bias held by mean people. If we are not aware of having negative thoughts about people of color, don’t tell racist jokes, are nice people, and even have friends of color, then we cannot be racist. Thus, a person is either racist or not racist; if a person is racist, that person is bad; if a person is not racist, that person is good. Although racism does of course occur in individual acts, these acts are part of a larger system that we all participate in. The focus on individual incidences prevents the analysis that is necessary in order to challenge this larger system. The good/bad binary is the fundamental misunderstanding driving white defensiveness about being connected to racism. We simply do not understand how socialization and implicit bias work.

Individualism: Whites are taught to see themselves as individuals, rather than as part of a racial group. Individualism enables us to deny that racism is structured into the fabric of society. This erases our history and hides the way in which wealth has accumulated over generations and benefits us, as a group, today. It also allows us to distance ourselves from the history and actions of our group. Thus we get very irate when we are “accused” of racism, because as individuals, we are “different” from other white people and expect to be seen as such; we find intolerable any suggestion that our behavior or perspectives are typical of our group as a whole..."

The above is an excerpt taken from a great article written by a White person. I strongly recommend that you read it.

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/2/2015 7:08:33 PM

If they not trying to hide and cover things up then they are race baiting? I could concede that. Theres no in-between with mainstream media all dem care about its HITS and views. Whether they have underlying agendas? probably. From the highest rank in rome? From illuminati? From free masonic orders? I not so convinced - I still don't believe an all out civil war is what the bigga heads would want over generic mind control and numbing of the fire within

So we don't have to be in complete disagreement Hemphill. Although I still put fire under the idea that white injustice should be categorised WITH the black struggle....... Same reasons why I am against man and man who claim the black struggle is like the gay struggle...... none at ALL. It is IMPERATIVE that the black liberation movement remains focused and not mix up wit anything as it is Unique in history.

One thing I want to say.... we could get into the most heated of argument, well fiery. I man dont carry feelings for man, so don't think a Garveys Africa have hate for de I true we buck up ina reasoning.

Selassie I

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/2/2015 7:16:38 PM

True definitely not from media, majority dont even have time for media bait

Its everyday living real situations

The people in America dont need media bait to fuel racial divisions especially the south

Many prolly most white people ive chat with are taught from kids to have hatred for blacks
Most blacks are not specifically taught to hate whites but many whites are specifically told and taught their black codes and rules

I know of bookoo elder blacks who have a very strong distrust/dislike off white but it AINT unwarranted

White dudes consider a white girl pretty much ruined/off limits if she dates black men

I work with/around many whites and when I tell u deh ain got NO need for no media bait for racial division in the south ain no need

The country was built racially divided it could never have equality

The King method is what we are in now which hasnt doesnt and WONT work

Separation from this white establishment is the best thing for blacks in the states and Unifying with InInI MOMA Land and daughter lands is best for BLACKS GLOBALLY

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 7/2/2015 7:25:51 PM

It goes much farther back and is much much deeper than modern media...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 129

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I