Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6124&start_row=41

Double standard

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 129
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/29/2015 11:26:47 AM

This is the entire point of this post, sad to see it coming from you but none-the-less my point exactly. Anytime a white man talks about hate perpetrated from anyone outside of the white race, this person is immediately demonized. I never said that racism is a lie just that it obviously extends outside of the white race. FOX, CNN, MSNBC, AP, NY Times, Rolling Stones, Facebook, ect.. will never report on the 'knockout game' or cll it for what it is, a HATE crime. This is my point. I used independant media sources as well as free lance journalist and I am still accused of following 'mainstream' media and being a racist for not bowing down to white guilt. I see the world for what it is, not what I would like it to be. Racist hate extending beyond white perpetrators is obviously something you dont/cant accept. I thought Ras Tafari is about truth, no?.. What would H.I.M have to say about the 'knockout game' and the subsequent media denial?.. The globalist corporate elitists are definitely pushing an agenda of white guilt to buckle the vast majority of the population, this is blatant. But when people only want to see the world in a way that is comfortable to them, this gets over-looked and ignored. Then, when someone brings it up, these people turn to name calling and demonization.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 6/29/2015 12:37:25 PM

All right my dude I tried to break it down before but I apparently didn't word it right, so here goes. YOU don't know the situations and circumstances of any of these 'knockout game' vids. You don't know what went on before the fight, the histories of the individuals interactions with each other, or just what type of people they are. So YOU cannot say that these incidents occurred on the basis of race. You are going off of the context provided on YouTube by somebody with access to the video. If you have ever read the comments on pretty much any video on YouTube you will know that the site is frequented by a lot of hateful ignorant people who like to start static. So to use this as your soapbox is undermining yourself from the start.

Yes there are people of every skin tone that hate people of other skin tones simply for being different and some of them do horrible things. Yes the media skews and distorts things for their own benefit. Those seem to be the points you are returning to most often and I haven't seen anybody arguing against them.

If, however you are trying to equate a private citizen being attacked by another private citizen to a disproportionate number of attacks by supposed public servants on a particular segment of society you're just flat out wrong. That's just facts and reality, not 'white guilt'.

Finally, if the media is so bent on pushing 'white guilt' and racial tension, why didn't they broadcast the fact that the first violence that started the night of the Baltimore riot was started by a bunch of drunk, white, Orioles fans at a strip of sports bars yelling racist remarks at peaceful protest marchers passing by and eventually hurling bottles at them?

Oh and just so you know, I can make that statement definitively because my white ass was there marching, with no guilt.

equal rights, justice... then peace.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/29/2015 1:09:17 PM

"Anytime a white man talks about hate perpetrated from anyone outside of the white race, this person is immediately demonized. I never said that racism is a lie just that it obviously extends outside of the white race. FOX, CNN, MSNBC, AP, NY Times, Rolling Stones, Facebook, ect.. will never report on the 'knockout game' or cll it for what it is, a HATE crime."

Yes you did say that. You said that racism was an agenda being pushed by the media to start a race war, which is an absurd claim.

I don't think you are actually reading what anyone here is saying. Nobody is pushing for White guilt...in fact I said exactly the opposite. Nobody is denying that Black people do bad things. Yes, sometimes there is Black on White violence--and it is hateful, and it is wrong. Duh.

But it's not racism because racism is backed by laws, institutions, public and social services, and every aspect of governance. Racism only flows in one direction. Racism isn't something that can be defined by individual acts. You don't have to walk into a Church and murder 9 Black people to be a White Supremacist, but that is what the media wants you to believe. Racism is much bigger and more nuanced than that. The difference here is a balance of power. Look at who actually holds power in our society. Look at how Black people are portrayed, look at what is expected of us, look at the rates of poverty, look at the availability of social services, look at where public education is cut, look at the neighborhoods that the Police patrol, look at who is filling the prisons, look at who is running the prisons, look at the availability of mental health services, look at job opportunities. The answers that you want are there, you just need to take the effort to open your eyes and look. Stop making assumptions that you have no evidence for, that you clearly have not looked into for yourself.

You aren't getting the answer that you want to hear and so you're claiming that we're intolerant and racist. White people do that all the time and it's beyond frustrating. It's dismissive and patronizing. The people here are intelligent and powerful, many are well educated and we have all lived our lives as Black people in the 21st century. We know what racism looks like because we have lived it. Your actions are insulting. There's nothing wrong with questions but you don't waltz into a space designated for Black people and demand an answer that you've already decided on...that's wrong. Shame on you.

Anyways...I said I wont feed the troll anymore so I should stick to my word. All done here.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/29/2015 1:24:01 PM

I do know the circumstances. My own brother was a victim of this and nearly beaten to death. Never stepped foot in the town before, never been in that bar before and dang sure never spoke to the attackers before. Regardless of all of that, he was sucker punched in the back of the head and stomped on until near death. And as a family hearing about this the very same night, we didn't even want to attach racial motives but it became very apparent.. Watch some of those videos.. Most of them have the audio removed because maniacal laughter from the person who is purposely positioned to record the unprovoked assault. But again, deny deny deny deny. "A black man is incapable of committing a racially charged hate crime." Burn that! I am all for fighting the system but going around senselessly beating completely unsuspecting people is only advancing the systems rhetoric. Divide and conquer.

Baltimore? Here is the systems agenda for manipulating rioting.

Fast Forward to 27 seconds.. "We also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.." They want the nation to go into chaos so that their totalitarian control is not only justified but begged for.. Think for just a moment. Ever heard of a False Flag Operation? Problem, reaction, solution. Very simple.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/29/2015 1:44:24 PM

Well idnt kno your brother but that story dont sound right,

Usually a group of drunk guys will have one in the group about trouble

Six civilians take on 4 military personell for strong arm robbery sounds fishy maybe race was a play but....

Do u remember the Gena 6 in Louisiana, when six black youth beat up a white youth and were charge with a hate crime, but came out they were provoked by the white kids hanging nooses

The race situation in that town may have been a factor and your brother and company may just walk into an already heated situation in that area

Robberies of a group of people will more than likely involve a weapon specifically a gun for a group of 4

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/29/2015 1:57:15 PM

Yes your brother was a victim of a racially motivated attack. That sucks, but how many other people do you know that have had this happen to them? Nearly every Black person has a story like this. I'm sorry for your brother but instances like this don't just erase the social status of Black people. It doesn't change the fact that Black bodies fill the prison system, that all of our public services are cut, that we face more state violence than any other demographic....

Like others have said, have you considered any other factors in the attack? Your brother was in the military when this happened?

And racially motivated attack =/= racism...I don't know how many times I have to say it. It doesn't make it right, but by definition it is not racism. Racism is a much larger structure. You can call it intolerance (or even a hate crime if it was truly unmotivated) because that's what it is, but it's not an act of racism. That's like trying to call an apple an orange because they are both fruits that grow on trees. They are not inherently the same thing. Black on White violence is terrible, but it is NOT SYSTEMIC. I understand where you're coming from but do some reading! Learn about racism! Stop with the generalizations! Educate yourself!

And lastly, again with the riot thing? White people riot all of the time and it never gets reported on and nobody ever tries to limit their riots to "designated areas". Your suggestion is insulting. Nobody would have heard of Freddie Gray if Baltimore followed the rules.

It's so hard to ignore this kind of ignorance. I keep telling myself I will stop responding and yet...

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/29/2015 2:06:13 PM

Bilderberg, the Illuminati, the 1% -- The REAL controllers and manipulators of the system. NOT the general populace.

Learn something! This is bigger than the white man down the road. This system is designed, it is manipulated at every turn. Yet the overwhelming mentality is that it is just the average white person that decides for these issues to happen. We white people are THE problem of the world, ignore the elitist controllers...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/29/2015 2:21:36 PM

I notice theres not a thing in the last few pages which hasnt been said already. Circular reasoning. Im done. My finishing statement:

MOST of the time black people have to face racism OR prejudice, it is NOT reported on by the media or pushed and promoted by the 1%. If there was a true Double Standard then that wouldnt be the case. The FEW cases that do make it public, the media always try and downplay the events and vehemently deny or minimize the racial involvement of the white aggressor, and always try and demonise the black victim. This is key because if any media outlet wanted racial war they wouldnt do this they would do the OPPOSITE. This is the ONLY reason why black children are murdered and labelled as thugs while white murderers walk away scotch free WITH the full backing of mainstream media. If they were interested in promoting racial tension this wouldn't be the case. Which news reporter has told people to start rioting and warring? Really?

Same as I say in the vaccine reasonings, CONspiracy theories are sometimes somewhat true..... but mostly bullshit to confuse and distract people.

There is no agenda for a racial war in America. We have had one already from the 1400s-1900s. We are now living in a post racial war white supremacist system. Wake up

Thanks

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/29/2015 2:31:04 PM

By the way........ Hemphill argument is commonly seen argument among white people. Usually white people who are ignorant and or insensitive to white privilege, white supremacy and the history of black liberation.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/29/2015 2:32:53 PM

"Yet the overwhelming mentality is that it is just the average white person that decides for these issues to happen. We white people are THE problem of the world, ignore the elitist controllers"

Nobody is saying that. Ignore anybody who is, because they clearly don't know what they are talking about and/or they are misleading you. Don't base your wild claims on these kinds of false assumptions.

Accountability =/= White guilt and trying to confabulate the two when you are called out for being problematic is reminiscent of the behavior of a whiny 5 year old.

Im with GA, this is just going in circles. Everyone here is telling you pretty much the same thing, and none of your responses have evolved or shown any kind of logical thought whatsoever. You keep repeating the same points over and over, and pick out certain key-words in our posts to justify it while ignoring the rest. I don't think you've answered a single question that anyone here has asked you, nor have you directly responded to any of our specific points. Just re-iteration of the same speculative and unfounded nonsense with absolutely nothing tangible to back it up.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 129

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I