Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6124&start_row=31

Double standard

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 129
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2015 6:32:25 PM

The other people in the church that was shot up came out the next day before the devil was caught and said they forgave him and they would pray for him. Not setup their own search teams or anything of that nature.... They continued to pray. THIS is the effects and intentions of white supremacy.... Pacification... NOT confrontation. Blaxk people are not randomly attacking anyone.... Blaxk people are barely attacking anyone we decide to pray and forgive our murderers.... Smh. Black people need to be more militant, less forgiving, and more active. And to put the Bible pacifier down!

Black people tricked by white supremacy:

'America isn't racist, we have a black president'
'Lets forgive and our only action will be to pray'
'Black people who take a stand are thugs'
'Appropriation is a welcomed thing'

- THIS IS WHAT THE SYSTEM PROMOTES TO THE PSCHE OF INI PEOPLE. Not racial war, civil war that's old time strategy. Even looking to Africa.... Ever increasing military presence and economic drainage..... By having a black face as the head of the country, not via gun anymore like a 1500s but by creating a false sense of unity and equality while secretly raping your women and pockets. Deception infiltration and pacification while they take control is their strategy

As VDR say, this one thing you are highlighting is simply the effects of misguided racially frustrated YOUTH, not a true representation of any bigger picture

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2015 6:48:27 PM

The media as far as I have seen have only tried to make black people look DESERVING of the treatment and downpression we have seen. Baltimore thugs, resistant girl at the pool party who had been causing a fuss, erik garner who was a convicted felon, Mike brown another thug, the one who got shot in his back but allegedly was charging toward the police officer.....

They ALWAYS tell these stories in a 'well you deserved it' / 'this isn't racial' / 'anyone who takes a stand is a mindless thug' kind of way. = PACIFICATION and 'nothing to see here'

I completely disagree with your theory of white supremacy wanting a social uprising

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/28/2015 9:51:50 PM

Hemphill,

Have you ever heard of Rekia Boyd?
Have you ever heard of Stephon Watts?
Have you ever heard of Ronnie Wilson?
Have you ever heard of Dominique Franklin?

These are a SMALL number of names, out of hundreds, of black people who have been murdered by police in my city in very recent history. None of these killings were aggravated at all. Rekia was shot in the back of the head by a drunk police officer with an unregistered firearm while she was standing with her friends in a public park. That cop still has his job. Stephon Watts had mental disabilities and he was shot to death in his own home by a cop, in front of his father.

None of this got reported on in the media.

My city recently won the Stanley Cup (or some big hockey game if it wasnt the cup). White Blackhawks fans started a riot in the North part of town. They robbed stores (including a Gamestop in which all the merchandise was looted), flipped over cars, set fires, started brawls, openly consumed alcohol and did other drugs in public, and harrassed police. There were almost no arrests and virtually NO negative news coverage. There is a picture of a white man literally CHOKING A COP with his bare hands; this white person was NOT CHARGED of any crime.

Don't believe me? Look it up.

When white people come here and ask why they can't be Rastafari....this is exactly why.

Read a fucking book. Stop paying attention to the mainstream media. Do some heavy-lifting for yourself and actually put in the effort to understand before deciding you like our culture and aesthetic, claiming it for yourself, and then dismissing the struggle of our People. I am not a spiteful person but what you are doing here is a form of White Supremacy and I am unapologetic in the defense of my People.

Learn. Or at the very least sit, be quiet, and listen. This is what Rastafari is. If you don't like it then get the fuck off our message board.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/28/2015 10:34:52 PM

Typical.. anytime versions of hate committe by black people are discussed by a white person this person is deemed racist white supremacy advocate. Of course hate exits outside of white but this isn't the wanted topic.. my entire point.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2015 11:02:28 PM

You came with a video of a man who says that if instead of a white girl being attacked by a black girl; it was a black girl being attacked, there WOULD (definitive, undoubtedly) be huge media outcrys coverage protests riots etc. This is the first inflammatory premise in the minds of black people and first demonstration of ignorant white privilage. This man FAILS to comprehend the hundreds of years of history and to this present day en Mass amount of white on black injustice which is lived out in everyday life everyday, all the time spiritually physically socially...systemically. Of which is never spoken about, some times not even consciously appreciated by white or black people involved themselves, and if so, approached with a dismissive type of attitude. Black injustice is disproportionately undervalued and underappreciated in this white supremacist global system.

Black people then look at the flag with the gun in the background saying come take it, and we get an overs of Whe kind of white man we dealing with. Before he goes on to say, that we are all equal with the same dispositions and we are all born into an equal playing field. Once again.... Rastafari is a BLACK liberation movement.... For a REASON. This is another inflammatory statement to the intelligence of black people with a conscious revolutionary mindset. This man in this video has no regard for the past and current sociopolitical disposition of black people distinctively in this Iwa. In other words; white man can't come and tell I dem struggle the same as I African in this Western Hemisphere. Under any circumstance. Black liberation and black for a reason. Rastafari

I tell you. Black people only looked to the Bible because it speaks of Israelite salvation and Israelite liberation alone. Black people wanted to focus on our OWN liberation before anything and so we started to say we are the Israelites. I have heard you speak the same rhetoric I am giving the reason why. The man in the video you posted has no regard for such things.

Reverse racism is foolishness

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/28/2015 11:13:18 PM

You're on a forum specifically for Black revolutionaries. What did you expect to hear?

Instead of reducing my entire post to the words "White supremacy" (which you should look up, since you clearly don't understand what it is.), consider everything else I said. Have you ever heard those names? And the riots? White people riot all of the time for no reason at all. Would we have ever heard about what's happening in Baltimore if they didn't riot outside those BS designated "Safe zones" (which is just insulting to even suggest)? White supremacy is systemic; it's not something that you "promote" or "advocate for". It is built into the fabric of our culture, it is the substrate from which our society grows. We all play a role in White supremacy.

You clearly haven't done any actual research. You expect us to take you seriously when you obviously haven't taken the time do any kind of serious investigation or reading whatsoever? You've honed in on whatever little bit about race that you've heard about through major media outlets, and anything else you may have picked up on social media like facebook...you thought about it for a while, and then decided that you now fully understand race relations in the United States well enough to tell Black people that racism does not actually exist.

Do you fully understand what you're doing here?

Why should we have to take the time, in our own space that we're supposed to feel safe in, to explain to you how messed up and wrong this is? Do some research...this information is NOT hard to find. It is not our job to explain to you how your actions are harmful and inherently racist, even if you may not realize it or be doing it intentionally.

There are not "racists" and "good people". The sociopolitical world in which we live is, in part, defined by racism. We are all affected by it; sometimes sub-consciously and sometimes in more obvious ways. Be humble...accept the role that you play as a White person. It doesn't mean you're a terrible person by virtue of being Caucasian, it means owning up to the fact that you are on a certain side of a very unequal balance of power and then actually doing something about it. You clearly are not doing that. What you are doing here is exactly the opposite.

And don't pout when you're called out for acting inappropriately and offensively. Don't expect us to be nice about it when you behave in a way that mirrors the oppressive structures we have suffered and died trying to dismantle.

You are in OUR house. Have some damn respect.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/28/2015 11:30:36 PM

Of course hate exists beyond White people. Nobody is saying that Black people are perfect, never hurt anyone, or do anything wrong. We are human. Being human comes with flaws. Yes, sometimes Black people kill White people. This is a fact.

But it does not occur at NEARLY the same frequency as White people killing Blacks (and other POC). White people kill each other at a higher rate than Black people do. A White person is more likely to be killed by another White person than they are a Black person. These are facts.

Black on White violence is not systemic. It is not backed by institutions, agencies, and public services. Racism is systemic by definition. Violence of this sort is wrong, period...whoever does it. But by definition Black on White violence is not racism. Again, I implore you to look into the term "reverse racism". People go to college to study this topic specifically. Nobody who has ever suggested that "reverse racism" is real has ever been taken seriously, because racism is a systemic phenomena and everyone knows that. Any Black person can be hateful sure...but racist, no. Prejudice and intolerance =/= racism. There is a difference and it's not arbitrary. This is like Basic Sociology 101...anyone who looks at race seriously knows that it's not genetic or biological--it's an arbitrary social construct designed to keep White people in power, and that's it. Period.

Again: Prejudice and Intolerance =/= Racism

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/29/2015 1:46:26 AM

I look at the larger political and corporate control. Find out what the Bilderberg Group and what its agenda is then maybe you can comprehend why it is beneficial for the system to paint every white person as racist bigot and why it is beneficial to ramp up racial propaganda pushing for a civil war. No matter the image or technique employed, the end goal is still the same, total control. Place a black man as president, place a woman as president to bring their agenda further and further.. These decisions are made years in advance and manipulated along the way. This is bigger than racism, this is totalitarian control. Use any and every method to achieve one world currency/government/tyranny. Ignoring obvious hate and writing them off as deserving and as a 'game' is helping this system achieve its goal. H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "These young people face a world beset with the most effectively organized programme of deceptive propaganda and of thinly screened operations ever known." This is a description of the New World Order -- as commonly referred -- that hits the nail on the head. Their techniques of societal control are so deep that nearly everyone is blind to all of them. Obviously painting every white person as hateful racist bigot is part of this scientific and technological takeover. If you can't see that, you are helping them to no end. Continuing to perpetuate hate amongst fellow people within the Human community is the only way the system wins. Racism is hate and hate is racism. Being intolerant of and prejudging white people as only bigot racist is in itself hateful racist action/mindset.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 6/29/2015 2:31:26 AM

Your whole argument is that the government and media conspire to push a fake agenda, yet your understanding of race is entirely steeped in portrayals fed to you by mainstream media.

Any Black person on this forum can tell you about their experiences with racism, myself included. My experiences are not made up by the government, Fox News, CNN, or your Facebook friends. My life is not a fabrication.

Im not going to feed your willful ignorance anymore by engaging with you. I dont know why you expect anyone here to take you seriously.

And furthermore, I don't understand why this community has been feeding this conversation for over 4 pages worth of text... This is ridiculous and Hemphill is clearly either a troll or a sadly misinformed white person who's being outright racist without even trying. When I Reasoned about homosexuality within a historical AFRICAN context I was shut down almost immediately. If the whole point of Rastafari is Black Unity, how much sense does that make? I can guarantee you that Black LGBTQ people are doing far more for our struggle than ignorant White guys who pretend to be Rasta and think that racism is a lie. It doesn't seem like a very strategic approach to liberation, if I'm being honest. In fact it seems pretty ass-backwards.

I know how yall feel about that, but while I'm here I figure I might as well push some buttons since that's what I'm good at. This is a thread that's supposed to be about double standards after all, might as well make it accurate.

In all realness though,
JAH Bless, Praise and Thanks

In Peace

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/29/2015 5:44:44 AM

The government is not pushing the idea that all white people are racists. When have you ever seen that promoted mainstream? The media are portraying murderous RACISTS as none racist and as justifiable in their acts. They have many blac peope going along with it too. This is what has been going on..... Completely opposite to the foundation of your argument.
The media is not promoting any black militant liberation groups either. You see how they clown and redicule the good Minister or even the New Panthers everytime they show up..... And they always go to a REVEREND like Sharpton to push peaceful demonstrating as though a reverend is a sufficient spokesperson for black people. What your describing jus isn't happening.

The system pushes racial mixup, appropriation and a loss of connection with ones roots; not racial divide.

Shiva is right. 4 pages too much. I was simply suprised to see such a video posted under the premise of Rastafari......

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 129

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I