Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6117&start_row=1

Rasta in Germany

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 6/15/2015 11:49:52 AM

Any Rasta brethren or sistren from Germany here? The I would like to learn German language and it'd be good to reason with someone who knows it well.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/15/2015 5:25:32 PM

Bless Idren,
Ich komme nicht aus Deutschland, aber ich kann ein bisschen Deutch sprechen, denn ich habe in high schule gelernt. Ich werde gern mit Iman praktizieren. The I can feel free to email I at amanda.elaine.burton@gmail.com
(Although I am not claiming to "know it well", only about as well as an 8 year old child!)
Warum moetchest du Deutsch lernen?
Mehr Lieben

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/15/2015 6:43:36 PM

is this is a matter of happenstance? i dont know. to tell you the truth, like ive mentioned before, im from germany and i still (always) live(d) there. i even speak german. im a native speaker.

dein deutsch ist sehr gut, jah child. ich helfe euch gerne mit der deutschen sprache.

sometimes people who arent native speakers have even more knowledge when it comes to german grammar than germans. i still dont have full locks and i even want to follow the nazarene vow next month officially. but i hope its obvious that im dedicated to rasta and ive started to live my life this way.

respect

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 6/16/2015 9:58:15 AM

JAH Child, just sent an email ;).

reasoningtime, maybe it is a happenstance ;). The hardest thing to the I are conjugations and articles in German, still can't dig them after so many years (even though they're pretty simple compared with Polish ones :P). Also I think that there's no online course that can make up for exercising the practical use of a language.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/16/2015 3:06:59 PM

im not a expert when it comes to languages. i have polish ancestors but i never learned the language. maybe we can teach each other a little bit lol. yeah. german articles are tough to learn. i love to speak german with non native speakers even though im not sure about the grammar myself. but i think speaking it for almost 30 years has given me a good feeling of it. in all humbleness, i think in german im much more versed and i can enunciate quite well. but im good at speaking western dialects too. lol

my english is only good enough to communicate a little bit.

after 16 years of listening to patois all day i think i might have a certain knowledge regarding that language. when i was fourteen and ive listened to a dancehall song i was like "man i received some nice grades in english but even though i listen to it consciously i cant understand a word of what those guys are chatting about". they say that americans are muttering a little bit and i think its just the same with the jamaican language. for example when i listened to "lost mi love". i could use ear plugs and all ive heard was "sorry my neighbour" and "lost mi love, i smoke my weed all day" even if hes speaking proper english. lol now i know he lost his weed and the intro "sounds reasonable" without checking the lyrics online.

reminds me of my attempts to make peace with the french language. i can still read and understand it or deduce terms but i have to start at the beginning to speak whole sentences.

i also had courses to learn the latin language but i didnt spend that much time to really get into it. its so long ago. if i see a word like "servi" i know it comes from servus and that it means slave or when i catch a latin word a may remember the meaning of it but my french skills are even way better than my latin skills nowadays.

i also catch up phrases from other european language or african languages here and there.

but in the end im just a native speaker when it comes to he german language, my english skills are "ok" and i have a little bit of experience with the french language.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/16/2015 10:31:45 PM

Yes Idren,
I see that the I say articles are the difficult part. I do not know much about articles because I did not continue courses long enough to get to that stage. I know der goes to dem when it is the direct object. Mein to meinem. There are other rules about conjugation of adjectives tho right? I do not think I learned that far yet.
I am still up for more learning tho, allways =)
Bless Most I, All Kings + Queens of Iration

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 6/17/2015 8:10:58 AM

reasoningtime, can I have the I's email? I'd be very happy to exchange Polish for German lessons ;)

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/18/2015 5:28:38 PM

yeah. why not? i dont have that much time lately. but let me check you next week.

appreciate it.

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 6/19/2015 11:38:35 AM

giovanni89 at interia.eu
Looking forward for some reasoning.
Peace

Messenger: Shashamane29 Sent: 6/21/2015 3:12:32 AM

Plenty of Rasta in Germany mainly from mother Africa. All speak the language but from my experience they are not real Ras.

Forgetting racial mixing I see them eating pork, using brothels and little love for Selassie.

I've been working out here in Germany for 16 months now. Great country brilliant appreciation for reggae music and a better standard of living to what I am use to in the uk.

Last year I went to Summerjam and stayed in the Rasta camp witnessing things that shocked me to the core.

Good luck iyah learning the lingo peace.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I