Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6117&start_row=11

Rasta in Germany

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble one Sent: 6/21/2015 3:15:58 AM

"Last year I went to Summerjam and stayed in the Rasta camp witnessing things that shocked me to the core."

Please tell us more

Messenger: Shashamane29 Sent: 6/21/2015 3:25:52 AM

Bredah no disrespect but it's not for me to pour scorn on my black brothers in Europe. They have had a different journey to InI yuh zeet.

They need spiritual leadership

Messenger: Shashamane29 Sent: 6/21/2015 3:29:25 AM

The one ting I will say though they love Jamaicans so if you have the ability to preach and inspire people you will get a following.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 6/21/2015 3:39:21 AM

^Sorry, Shashamane. I realized shortly after posting that it might have been a bit insensitive.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/21/2015 8:01:02 AM

i dont want to answer for shashamane. dont get me wrong here please.

but what i can say, and every rasta follows a different diet, is that in the dancehall...no matter if they are black or white...a good percent of rastas dont refuse to enjoy alcohol.

i think most of the african rastas in this forum dont deal with the bible. the ones ive met in real life (in europe) often do. no matter if thats another difference.

but what i want to say is...reggae music is huge in germany. not main stream kind of huge but there are many fans and big festivals and rasta values are everywhere. i think its good to see that many people respect rasta and they get more and more into it.

a rastaman ist always an enemy of babylon. and thats what we need.

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 6/21/2015 10:26:46 AM

Too bad that Rastafari is so neglected in Poland though.

Messenger: Shashamane29 Sent: 6/22/2015 12:37:56 PM

I love how Germany have embraced dancehall my favourite German sound is Jugglerz that yute shotta Paul sic nuh Ras.

Earlier this month I brought my woman over from London and we went Dusseldorf for the weekend. On the Friday night we went into the old town and whilst walking through my girl said she heard reggae playing.

We went into the bar and to be honest it was the highlight of the weekend. The Dj was only 19 but he played some proper revival music and not the regular stuff you hear in the uk.

Every week theirs a big artist from JA passing through to one of their cities. However Germany is racist to a degree and we got knocked back from one club for no reason whatsoever. When I told one of my brethren he said he refers to Fridays as 'racist Friday's' in Germany.

However still worth checking out just avoid east Germany with Berlin the exception. Peace.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/22/2015 2:03:20 PM

yeah. the west is more multicultural.

sentinal sound has even won the world championship back in 2005.

i think the last time ive checked summerjam was 2005 or 2006. i think its not what it was before. ten years ago it was more peaceful. nowadays there are always people who cut tents and i think there are even more and more security guards, right?

Messenger: Shashamane29 Sent: 6/22/2015 2:14:29 PM

It was nice last year weather aside as it poured down for the whole weekend. Loved the sound system that played every night outside of the performing artists.

I didn't see no security but I saw police. They kept a low profile and we were allowed to bun weed.

Sentinel was good with Shotta Paul now he's left not sure if they are as good. Got good dub plates though.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/22/2015 2:34:14 PM

yeah. there are many great german sounds. the "riddim clash" wasn bad neither a few years ago. when it comes to artists...there arent real german dancehall artists unfortunately. there are more than a few nice german dancehall tunes but nobody is on an international level. there are many white german rasta artists who enter the stage only with their guitar and people say german reggae is more like folk music. so the sounds are focused on jamaicana artists.

i think real dancehall is in japan right now. germany and europe are more about roots.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I