Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6114&start_row=81

Ancient Esoteric Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/24/2015 11:54:53 PM

Tru Bro VDR

Even here in Zimbabwe,we don't have the concept of Satan in we culture.

There is no word in our lokal language dat mean Satan or devil.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/25/2015 3:19:17 AM

agree with you on the fact that the african concept of one god seems to be purer than the concept of god of rome. the bible might take place in africa and it might be full of african legends. im open to all of this.

but all im saying is that, and i respect african tradition and think honoring single snakes as ancestors is ok and you can do what you want anyways, we could be wrong about biblical serpents.

maybe there is something true about revolutionizing certain traditions with the knowledge of the evilness of serpents. its not about walking through africa and seeing snakes as the root of all evil. a snake is a snake to me. innocent creatures. right. i respect the ancestor theory as well. but maybe there are evil spirits and demons who appear as snakes as well or at least the symbol of serpents can also represent be something negative because during history there were people who used symbols and signs like that for something negative. for false enlightment instead of dealing with god.

africa is more important to the rasta movement than europe. but thats why i say with all respect that i dont stick to german paganism just because i live there. so we all could be wrong. so all i say is that i respect africans traditions but i think it enslaves nobody if you also put god over certain traditions.

but what does it mean? i dont want to say you have to follow the concept of god of rome or you have to disrespect the snake as an animal but all it includes to me is that we should be careful about the western system (and africa rasta people already do it) and see the warning that there could be evil serpent symbols as well. so its just about being careful about the serpent symbols of other cultures including the bible to me.

thats what i believe. if you dont want to deal with it thats fine to me. i think the main problem are the ones who are devoured by the babylon system in the west anyways. black people who refuse to call themself african for example. so youre right. this might be real satanic. misleading people and the behaviour of people not serpents. but who knows what our world leaders are truely dealing with and what kind of demons and light bringers are truely out there?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/25/2015 6:13:07 AM

"It enslaves nobody if you put god over certain traditions"
WHAT GOD? Bible god?

Do u NOT kno the history of Africans, heap of Africans were enslaved thru that thought

What is the root of the word God?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/25/2015 6:55:05 AM

Ahh yes brother, history is the key.

Not to mention the countless examples of Bible God instructing 'his people'/ Jacob to enter into other peoples land and commit genocide / enslave the inhabitants. And then there's the mentions of slavery within Bible God laws.....

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/25/2015 7:16:03 AM

True origins of the African Serpent Queen whe da greeks call Medusa and she Natty natty on she head one aspect of RasTafarI and other Aafrican redemptive orders like MauMau ancient Imergence striking fear in the invaders syche making them stone pillars unable to prevail againt I

Oh the snakes on she head, d Dreadfull Locks

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/25/2015 7:17:28 AM

no. no bible god. the bible doesnt matter here. i just think that some people or at some points in history they could have dealt with "other" forms of serpent symbolism than the ones who are known in africa.

not only when it comes to wild evolution theories. everybody know im open to that as well. i just never say never. but i think certain societies are in deed praising an evil light bringer and the serpent also appears when it comes to downpressing people. maybe they only misused it. like hemphill said. crowns and beards in the form of snakes. dangerous dragons which are also part of the whole snake/ reptile/ dragon thing to me.

maybe satan is real. maybe he uses serpent symbols. all im saying. i think its senseless to criticize african traditions. thats not my intentions at all. i respect them as well as im still carefull about the whole lucifer and reptile thing. arguing about african traditions with you is like a few soldiers who go to war and start a picnic to discuss about which one of them looks the most like the enemy while the enemy is shooting. seriously. maybe its esoteric. but i connect the wickedness of the west to evil "paganism" and satan.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/25/2015 7:25:04 AM

Whe de I say Medusa original Empress natty? Powers to look on the invaders and turn them to stone.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 6/25/2015 10:15:13 AM

Dem frighten when dem see she and freeze up like stone, same way Natty man strike in dem in dis yah Iwa yah

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 6/25/2015 1:57:56 PM

InI in Zimbabwe Satan/devil is called *dhiaborosi*

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 6/25/2015 2:26:22 PM

Shona language

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I