Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6113&start_row=1

Orthodox Islam and African Unity

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 6/13/2015 12:49:57 PM

I humbly ask to write on this forum, as a Rasta, as a Muslim, as Orthodox, as a Communist, as a Mathematician. Is there a contradiction?

Rasta shaped my thinking from my teens until I was about 30. Then I got a girlfriend for the first time. She was Ethiopian, and I took a break from Rasta out of respect for her and returned to Orthodoxy.

Rasta was one of the discourses that brought me to religion, from being a communist like the Black Panthers. The other was Islam.

As a communist I was never baptised, though my grandfather was Orthodox. As a communist I rejected Orthodoxy as a corrupt "opium of the people". I looked to the "New World" and found reason in the Nation of Islam and Rasta. Two Afro-centric religions founded in the Americas and born out of the history of colonialism and slavery.

They reflected my ancestors homeland of Cyprus where traditional Islam and traditional Orthodoxy stood divided.

To bring Cyprus together in unity, I saw the need to bring these two reflections together, not in con-fusion as in the English "con", but in con-fusion as in the Spanish "with".

Therein lay the key to African emancipation in the "New World".

Therein lay the key to re-unifying my homeland.

An Elder once told me that Cyprus is a mystical place.

This is true. Cypriots are neither "White" nor "Black" nor "Yellow" nor "Red". They transcend "race". I am not going to reason about "race" except to say that Cyprus is a member of the Afro-Asian Peoples' Liberation Organisation.

Fusion does not mean an end to diversity, it means the starting of a chain reaction.

This is my mathematics.

I open it for reasoning.

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I