Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6112&start_row=11

I am white and believe all things Rastafari, am I accepted?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2015 3:37:40 PM

Brother

Race is not just black brown white I agree, and there are areas of overlap. However, the Dictionary definiton of race includes ethnic differences which is why people say JEWS are a different race to other Europeans even though both technically 'white.' There are many variables to race and not all need to be at the same time. Another example why a light skin african can be labelled as black and a dark skin Indian is still an Indian. don't get caught up on the labelling yes that is flawed. But the point remains, we are all one human family and at the same time we most definately have distinguishable groups of people with specific shared differences such as ethnicity, culture, even history. I don't know what tribe of African I came from before the middle passage and neither does my brethren. But given our shared history alone, we are brothers on more than just a human race level. Everything is levels. When I say I am BLACK I don't mean dark skin ONLY. How shallow. The physical color is one of the last things whe come to mind

Your disrespect came by telling people that all humanity are Africans! That is false information whe Jah himself know. And has shown through his speech and his actions.

Hemphill also made reference to a speech of his majesty talking about race. Which seems like a highly relevant idea. But this is a widely mis overstood topic and the brethren and I JUST recently had an agreement that there is a duality which Jah showed for the thing

People need to accept who they are and done. Not who they think they are

Nobody can wake up and think they feel like they have a right to claim a history and identity which is not native to them.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/13/2015 3:46:35 PM

Yes I GARVEYS AFRICA! A one human tree with many DIFFERENT roots and branches! We are the same in that our life feeds from the water that the ROOT draws into the entire tree, but at the same time we are different in that each aspect of the tree has a specific duty. Maintaining identity is not cutting off a part of the tree, but respecting the role each one provides! Diversity is a beautiful thing. We can be different and LOVE the same things!!

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/13/2015 4:41:43 PM

im not sure who you mean, garveysafrica. if you mean me by mentioning the disrespect that was shown towards the different races regarding HIS message about the different races than i have to say that to show "disrespect" or even to be controversial by following another opinion than HIM wasnt my intention at all. i think i can say that ive said it with a clean heart.

i think i wasnt able to make clear what i was thinking of.

first of all. i didnt want to spread new theories and to ban others. im just uttering my personal interpretaions (even i still have to digest).

i even agree with you. when it comes to the different races i think a black man is a black man and white man is a white man. a dark indian isnt a black man. a light skinned black man isnt something else. the child of a black father and a white mother for example is mixed. thats right. just like its been said. i think its silly to use fake tan as a white rapper for example to make people believe youre skin is brown or blacks who think they arent african and bleach themself because they dont like their natural dark skin.

if somebody says "we are all african" i understand that it might appear disrespectful to the work of malcolm x, bob marley etc. ... even HIM and HIS works.
ok. so when i said it, i wanted to make sure that PHYSICALLY there are of course different races on earth and they might not have the very same destiny maybe. the high priest immanuel or even marcus garvey were talking to and about those BLACK AFRICANS.

blacks were taken away from africa. blacks were suffering during the times of slavery. blacks had their own traditions in africa. those blacks need repatriation. white people has nothing to do with some things regarding those teachings.

so i said...theyve dealt with knowlege you wont find in any school book.

but you can take it further and connect it with your spiritual and historical perceptions.

BESIDES that differences, you can say that maybe there was a black eve and then the spirits of those old african ancestors lives through us. we have ONE BLOOD. thats all im saying. we have to check our similarities and fighting over race nowadays can be FATAL. thats ALL i wanted to say.

of course there IS A PHYSICAL difference. a CULTURAL difference. even if WHITES HAVENT AFRICAN ROOTS there are enough similarities and i can adopt african things NOW.

so i dont know what to think about the white rasta alley thing. especially if black rastas who claim that they respect HIM but they dont follow HIM say now that HIM and his teachings were only important to africans. and i dont want to be ironic. i honestly think its just confusing when the different interpretations come together sometimes.

so if HIM is just for blacks. in a biblical way or not. and europeans should even eat meat because its the best for their digestion than were are those opinions are leading us to?

white people should remain to eat the western rubbish just because ther race is used to it anyways? white people cant have locks even if its the most natural thing because its part of rasta and whites cant be part of african traditions? HIM is not relevant for whites because its only about bringing blacks home together and rasta culture leaves whites to stew in their own juices (or in the juice of their ancestors)?

i dont say that some of you have said things like that. but sometimes the white rasta alley thing seems to be a little superficial to me.
i dont think whites are doomed from the beginning and the only way to escape the system for would be to support the black supremacy thing WITHOUT following rasta in general.

seen.

all im saying...or my question is...what is a white person who follows HIM and who knows that many aspects of rasta livity are the best way to deal with life in general?

the problem is. if youre a rasta, you follow a black movement. but it also deals with things, everybody can follow. so you might say that you can follow those things but youre only a rasta if youre black. thats ok to me. but i think everybody can be a vegan, have locks etc.

there is a black race and a white race. there a differences. but maybe we have the same roots. then we are all PART of african history in a certain way. but we have ONE BLOOD and we share the same kind of SPIRIT and one blood anyways.

dont want to disrespect anybody. everybody can disagree with the way i am/ was thinking. its all about reasoning. give thanks!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2015 4:47:19 PM

No such thing as race and we are all AFRICANS are the only statement I was responding to. I actually like your response! And the contributions as a whole is jus the important specifics as mentioned

Bless

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/13/2015 5:09:02 PM

give thanks!

sometimes i dont know how to response correctly. my thoughts seem to be so simple but its hard to dont get confused by mentioning them in another context.

once i said "races" arent important for example. things like that are always part of the general discussion. i know that its important to hold on to your culture. that there are differences we need to be conscious about. but when i see some problems in the world right now and people wont come together to fight it just because they have a problem with dealing with another race in 2015 i think its problematic.

Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 6/13/2015 5:15:07 PM

InI have a problem with Brits coming together to fight racism. This is why I support Scottish nationalism.

Messenger: Cy-ko-bro Sent: 6/13/2015 5:36:22 PM

InI know I need to explain myself. The I see promotion of homosexuality and celibacy amongst "White" people is leading to the whoring of Africa. Shaytan is asking us to choose. What woman would choose a white rasta alleay, it is better to be Muslim under such circumstances.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/13/2015 6:30:16 PM

Bless up Idrins. One cannot deny that for a very long time there has been a covert operation to infiltrate, take, and then misrepresent anything whe is labelled As black. Man should at least be conscious of this even if the I dem have nothing to do with such events! There ARE people who believe everyone has a claim to africa and its inheritance just because they feel so. With the events of recent as mentioned in my other thread....'Aryan' Europeans claiming blackness and then going out to teach within our community as a 'sista' just because she feel so! Garveys Africa quick to lick out against that deh 1

Isis I
#wewanttogohome

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 6/14/2015 6:49:48 AM

No "black" or "white", just "human" ;). Also the I cannot be "accepted" as a Rastafari, the I either is or isn't Rasta, deep in the I's heart.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/14/2015 7:13:08 AM

thats true. listen to your inner voice and be true to yourself.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I