Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6110&start_row=1

one love from italy

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MaR-I Sent: 6/7/2015 8:17:16 AM

Greetings my bredda an my sista
I'm a new user,my name is marino i'm an italian bwoy(i hope that you don't judge me) and I decided to sign-up me in this forum because I'd like to find out more about rasTafarI, Marcus Garvey,Spirituality,Africa etc.
furthermore,honestly, i sign up in this forum to learn english and so yuh correct me if i wrong to write please.
I thank yuh my bredda an my sista.
I love yuh, Jah bless.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/7/2015 8:47:37 AM

Mussolini turning in the grave. H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie get the last laugh!

Messenger: MaR-I Sent: 6/7/2015 12:58:22 PM

of course mi bredda King Selassie I is the future. Mussolini did horrors but the main problem is that the majority italians believe again in Mussolini

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/7/2015 1:08:49 PM

Majority of Italians believe again in fascist war-thirsty Mussolini? Appalling... Selassie extend his hand to the righteous, youths in Italy must stop this Mussolini wave.. Speak truth and love. Stand strong.

Messenger: MaR-I Sent: 6/7/2015 2:53:59 PM

really mon! I'm trying to improve myself respecting and loving the other people . i don't want to live my life inna babylon illusion but I walk in Jah way.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/7/2015 8:02:10 PM

respect brethren!

let me tell you that im a guy from germany who does not need to speak english in his job and like others, im influenced by all kinds of dialects and patois when it comes to my thoughts regarding rasta so im not a role model when it comes to the english language.

i think my real english skills are (or at least were) a little bit better when i really have to care about showing people that i have a certain understanding of speaking english with native speakers (at least i was good in school, always spoke english with friends and even had some courses to deal with english manners. but i dont think its just the fact that i allow myself to be a little bit lazy by banning around 20 % of my english skills out of my brain while sitting in front of a rasta forum in the middle of the night. its also a social issue. although patois is seen as an official language by most of their speakers, i think its silly to speak like a jamaican as a european guy. it makes me feel like a confused dancehall fan. but i like to use rasta language sometimes. but only if the situation allows it.

i hope you like this forum. feel free to tell us what you think about certain things and have fun.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/7/2015 8:02:18 PM

respect brethren!

let me tell you that im a guy from germany who does not need to speak english in his job and like others, im influenced by all kinds of dialects and patois when it comes to my thoughts regarding rasta so im not a role model when it comes to the english language.

i think my real english skills are (or at least were) a little bit better when i really have to care about showing people that i have a certain understanding of speaking english with native speakers (at least i was good in school, always spoke english with friends and even had some courses to deal with english manners. but i dont think its just the fact that i allow myself to be a little bit lazy by banning around 20 % of my english skills out of my brain while sitting in front of a rasta forum in the middle of the night. its also a social issue. although patois is seen as an official language by most of their speakers, i think its silly to speak like a jamaican as a european guy. it makes me feel like a confused dancehall fan. but i like to use rasta language sometimes. but only if the situation allows it.

i hope you like this forum. feel free to tell us what you think about certain things and have fun.

Messenger: MaR-I Sent: 6/8/2015 2:57:31 PM

Respect mi bredda!
I like too much this forum before to sign-up me I visited sometimes it, because there are some facts that i don't know then i think that you can teach me some things about RasTa culture and Holy Bible an Kebra Nagast.
about my english i just want to improve it so i would like to know when i wrong or if I can use an other expression.
I give thanks. Jah light will shine pon di earth . truth!

Messenger: MaR-I Sent: 6/8/2015 3:01:51 PM

talkin' of Bible... can you recommend some book to read ?
PS:I love Psamls an Gospels.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/8/2015 3:12:50 PM

It seems that your English is pretty good.. Good enough to get the point across.. I am not the one to teach about Ras Tafari culture, there are some aspects that are universal like conscious diet, dreadlocks, ganja, love and of course H.I.M. but the vast majority of the culture is specifically African. I am not African so I do not pretend to apply those aspects. Faith in H.I.M is to know the self, IandI.. Embrace your culture and work to enlighten those within it to the works of JAH.

Concerning the Bible and Kebra Nagast, I would recommend getting your own copies and to study them. Realize that Jesus (Yaheshua) was a Black man and that the Bible should be read with that foundation. Maybe read the Kebra Nagast first as it will lend great perspective. The book of revelation is a favorite as it tells of the King of Kings and Conquering Lion of The Tribe of Judah, which is of course H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie JAH Ras Tafari.

Bless
One Love

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I