Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6105&start_row=11

Book of Coming Forth by Day

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/3/2015 9:40:30 PM

Yes I. Least anyone suggest that Kemet/Egypt was "pagan"...allow me to share the ROOTS of RASTAFARI are found from the time the foundations of creation were laid, including and ESPECIALLY in Kemet (which is the eldest daughter of KUSH)

Kemet and rastafari goes hand and hand. The name rastafari was taken from the school of annu in kemet. Fari comes from the word derived as pharoh, meaning master or teacher. Rastau(which was it's Kemetic spelling) meant knowledge of the known universe. So when you graduated from the school of annu, you were known as a Rastaufari. So in essence Selassie was telling us exactly who he was.

Please note that "Rasta" is mentioned in many ancient Kemetic Texts.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/4/2015 10:59:24 AM

give thanks!

that might be the heritage of the original name of HIM but i think that the rasta movement is all abot HIM so the name comes just from his imperial majesty. and if you follow HIM, he said that wisdom without god is not wisdom at all and it is "our firm belief that a soul without christ is bound to meet with no better fate."

but im not intended to convince you to believe in the one they call jesus. as humble as i try to be as a european guy that is still new to really following the teachings of rasta, i just think that its just a fact that rasta is about holding on to your culture as well as accepting HIM as a special personality at least. so if you honor HIM just for what he did in general but you are open to really believe in lets say "non-christian" things it must be ok because who wants to tell you a rasta cant do that. and i even understand that this would be an oxymoron. to be a (especially a black) rasta and to stay away from african cultures cant work in my opinion.

but, and thats very fundamental, you can believe what you want. even in the one they call jesus.

since a rasta is not a roman-catholic bible follower it is totally ok to distance yourself from their interpretations and its even part of rasta culture to get knowledge about these things. but in the end, we can believe what we want but the great thing about rasta to me is that it stands for being conscious about things. not just for coming up with all kind of rules based on disputatious bible interpretations like rome. thats my opinion. but you still can follow those if you want to because i dislike the game and not the player.

so rasta is not religion. you can say HIM is god. HIM is god but there are still other spiritual oppurtunities or ancient myths you can follow or you can say HIM is the black messiah. or HIM is jesus. in the end its about to agree on the definition of how we have to pray to god. and thats what makes rasta special to me. i think every man has his own way.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/4/2015 11:23:03 AM

it is NOT about to agree about how to pray to god i anted to say ^^

you see, the different opinions confuse me. but seriously. i myself also think that the bible as a product of rome cant tell you everything about life. we have to make our own experiences. but their message is essential to me.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/4/2015 7:04:14 PM

Tafari Goddess! Give thanks for the teachings.
Blessed honor + love.

"It is I who have entered into Rastau and have seen the secrets which are within."

From the Papyrus of Ani "chapter 33" as translated by Dr. Muata Ashby.

The ancient word sound power comes through the ages to I&I. RasTa is a sacred utterance. Give thankhs and Ises.

By the way the translation of Pert M Heru and additional comments by Ashby is very informative, I do suggest the book for the I's interested in studying Coming Forth By Day and the mystery system of KMT.

Love + more life

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/5/2015 10:20:32 AM

aha. maybe i will reasd it.

give thanks, jah child. let me say that i feel a little bit sorry sometimes when opinions collide. but sometimes both sides accept and respect each other but besides the fact that prejudice are normal to a certain extent to me (to deal with the fear of the unknown) i think we must understand that the leopard cant change its spots. our different experiences let us think the way we do but in the end its just important to use our eyes and to dealw ith tolerance.

i think its obvious that you just love these traditions and to me its a very good thing. its very informative. but since i have seen egyptian signs used by many different kind of people and even though i question rome and parts of the bible im just still very careful when it comes to deal with certain symbols and signs. because i want to know what im dealing with.

but i just want to mention that i really respect your comments and i always love to read about kemet and at least im open to follow the wisdom of certain parts of history.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/5/2015 11:57:58 AM

re:Fari and pharoah as mentioned up top...
FARI has nothing to do with Pharoah. Madness. FARI is a shortening of the name which is to be feared: TAFARI

Pharoah means Great House and is a Greek misunderstanding and mistranslation. The Kings/Queens of Kemet were never known as the 'Pharoah'!

- Which is funny / strange since the Bible has the word Pharoah in it! Almost proving where te text did and DIDN'T originate

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/5/2015 4:32:31 PM

When I was studying upon The King and Queens travels and tours of Kemet(Egypt) and Jerusalem , the importance of both seem equal importance and even as they are one. This is fascinating a Christian King and Queen took time to spend so much time visiting the pyrimids and other sacred sites in Egypt as well as Jerusalem ... These holy pilgrimages hint to I that they are connected to Kemet just as much as they are of Jerusalem.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/5/2015 9:00:36 PM

Bless up Jesse Lion

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/6/2015 7:03:51 PM

Fari, a cognate of pharaoh.
Ra-sta-Fari: Pharaoh (Fari) of the sun (Ra). Sa-Ra (from Ras) son of the sun.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/6/2015 7:07:15 PM

Yes I...nuff respect unto Muata Ashby!

Here's another GREAT one:

The Egyptian "Mystery School Of On (Annu)" : Esoteric Atannuology, Egyptology And Rastafariology. Author: George Washington Singleton

http://www.ebookdb.org/reading/516F3AG4106B48GEGA10GE69/The-Egyptian-Mystery-School-Of-On-Annu--Esoteric-Atannuology-Egyptology-And-Rast

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I