Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6103&start_row=1

Poor and Needy

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/30/2015 12:03:58 PM

Hail Up

InI feel the pain

The Earth is yours to inherit

Lets take back what's owed

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/31/2015 12:26:59 AM

respect! fire on the gate of no return! how about compensation?

but i have to utter one thing. it always amazes me how people who aren't that wealthy and who really have trouble to buy food during the last phase of the month appear to be really generous while all the moneymakers sit on every dollar.

some things that history books tell us have to get a fire, you know. but i think one philosophical aspect of the definition of happyness is true. the more material things you want to get lucky, the more negative feelings you will receive. some people just want more and more and more. but mankind wasn't made to sit in front of a screen all day or to sit on your couch all day to enjoy all the fancy things you have in your house. we are spiritual creatures so what we need is love and righteousness. love doesn't buy food. that's right. but excuse me, if you are an african and you have a billion bucks but you deny your home than you have nothing. you just send your body around like a zombie.

so in europe. we can not enjoy our lives as wealthy people while we are staring at hollywood actresses in front of our screens instead of respecting the wombmen that are around us. while we are checking ourselfs in front of the mirror in fancy clothes instead of reflecting on our actions. while we hate ourself because we cant follow the latest trends fast enough instead of using our individual powers for our society.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/31/2015 5:37:40 PM

Very true about the end of the month thing. Very true

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2015 2:45:51 PM

All who live life as a Raggamuffin.

Hail up

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 6/8/2015 3:25:31 PM

Jah bless my Lord

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/12/2015 12:14:44 AM

as a guy from another continent i think i can bury my jamaican "street credibility" without mercy by asking you whats your definiton of a "raggamuffin" is all about?

i just had a good laugh while reading an online definition. a "raggamuffin" would be a guy who sleeps with his colleagues wife behind his back. so you say things like "where is your raggamuffin, b****?".

even i think that this definition might confuse people. i think the days of describing a certain dancehall style as "ragga(muffin)" are over. a raggamuffin to me, is just an outlaw (in a positve way). since jamaica was so influenced by western movies this might be fitting.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 6/12/2015 2:43:52 AM

virtual reality

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/12/2015 4:26:50 AM

Luciano - Raggamuffin
Jah Stitch - Raggamuffin
Dennis brown - Raggamuffin
Freddie mcgregor - Raggamuffin
Young JR - Raggamuffin
Barrington levy - Raggamuffin

Rough

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 6/12/2015 7:58:25 AM

yeah, its a guy that doesnt care if his work bring him up in babylon or not. his aim is not to go to hollywood. not to confuse with a "roughneck". i think a raggamuffin is not equal to a rude bwoy or even a gunman.

a man i truely respect was joseph hill. to me, this is a true raggamuffin if you want to go with this definition. i really liked his lifestyle and respect that he was a "loner". babylon, its philosophy, his "image"...nothing he could care less of. also lee perry. but he might not be your typical rasta. i think after he had burned his studio by following a certain cult he still lives in the mountains in switzerland to deal with "white magic" when hes not in a club in new york city lol.

sometimes i just dont know who the poor and needy are, you know. somtimes im really mad, frustrated and bitter. because we have to see that your "image" in society doesnt mean where you are spiritually. this is so important.

all the time i see "succesful" people who never had really hard times in life, who make good money (even if thats something i dont care about) and who have a real high degree. but still they are doing things i started to avoid as a young teenager.

there a sociologists who do their jobs for decades but still they are afraid of their own age and the way they have to deal with it in society. religion teachers who wont say that the roman-catholic way of thinking is just based on interpretations. doctors who are drinking energy drinks and who are smoking cigarettes non stop. "upper class" people who dont know how to behave.

so i dont have to wonder that people are hating themselfs. so many things weve learned are nothing. bob marley was truely right wth his "educated fools". that really consoles me. if you deal with it too much, you will hate other people or you will be enslaved by the system.

those are the poor and needy to me. if this people would or could wake up, the hungry man who is an angry man would benefit from it in the end. i burn the system every day.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/12/2015 9:27:50 AM

That is certainly not what I meant. I make a thread to hail up a certai demographic of people. Poverty is the biggest crime right now among I people and some of we refuse to bow to any standRds of living set by the system. Big up all who face it fearlessly whether raggamuffin roughneck gunman drugsman or self owned businessman I don't care that's not what this is about. Listen the Luciano lyric. The poor and needy isn't something to be interpreted king, a lack of money and infrastructure is something Whe I man fight. "This a ghetto people song only them can sing this 1"

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I