Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6089&start_row=1

American Healing

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 6:41:18 AM

don't know how clearly the text will come out.... but this may be useful information. if you live in da US see what your state native medicinal plant is and come and post some more information about it.

more info:

www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2015/05/13/history_of_medicinal
(Without this space in the link)
_plants_map_of_the_plants_in_the_united_states_from.html

EDIT: SEE POST BELOW FOR REAL IMAGE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 6:49:01 AM

The resolution doesn't seem to work. Other than stretching out the page.

Try here:

http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~260602~5522896:Medicinal-plant-map-of-the-United-S?sort=pub_date%2Cpub_list_no%2Cseries_no#

Can zoom right in HD quality

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 8:13:37 AM

man it is so sad to see that we can read all about these different plants while there are so many americans who are killing theirself daily by pumping their bellies full of chemicals, beer, animals corps, weath, salt and sugar. if you'd show one of them this card they would laugh about your "esoterism". it's all about our culture. people will follow the norm. but this is what north america truely has to give to their people.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/14/2015 8:45:00 AM

Dear All,

Thank you GA for the wonderful poster.

Isn't it wonderful to see how loving jah is? Giving us, and all inhabitants of the earth medicine, that grows naturally, in virtually every environment on earth?

From the arctic to deserts.

Give thanks for this poster.

------------------------------------

I highly recommend to start foraging for common plants in your area, because where ever you are in the world, jah is growing all around you.

Just be cauerfull; know what you are collecting for absolutely definite. In the UK, I forage for nettles, dandelions, wild garlic and red clover to name a few. Each one is very distinctive, but I tend to avoid ones which are a bit ambiguous and look slightly alike to a poisonous relative.

"Through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. " Revelation 22:2

I rarely quote the bible, but when I do, I take the bible in it's literal sense, and apply it to NOW. The street of the city it is talking about is the streets where you are living, NOW. The tree of life isn't a mystical concept, it is the trees growing in your neighbourhood, that jah planted. And it comes from revelations, because those who recognize the divinity of the trees on the side of the street shall receive revelation, within themselves

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 2:43:15 PM

Bless up

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 2:43:15 PM

Rasta in America

WHERE U AT.

I actually want to learn......

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/14/2015 6:29:46 PM

Hoodoo

Cant make out whats on I state even on the site but one is sugarcane, never know of medicinal use of tho, only chewing it sometime freeze it but dem ya people ya dnt even eat no more!

When I was a lil one people were getting away from all dem thing which is a shame, to I,

When I talk to Great Ant'tee she tell me bout all dem plants but she cnt really get out much

I mainly use common things I guess not locally specific things

One fellow tell me his aunt got two kinds of grass from behind the levee and wrapped his leg up to reduce pain and swelling when his medications would help

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/15/2015 2:43:19 PM

Haile Love Idrens + Istrens
Give thanks for all the sacred herbs..

In Iwombman southern area of California, the map shows Eucalyptus globulus.
This tree grows a lot in this area, true.
The leaves make great soothing tea for throat, sinus, and ear pressure. It also has antibacterial properties. The leaves can be boiled and distilled to make eucalyptus oil, I think this is burned for aromatherapy or used to make incense sticks. http://www.eucalyptustea.net/
In a chart I saw about chakras a few years ago, the eucalyptus was the scent associated with the throat chakra. In a time when Iwombman had not learned to speak JAH fyah when it blaze, the throat chakra of I was very closed, seen? So I was suffering from some sinus issues in the ears and also a lot of skin blemishes in the throat and jaw area. Part of the therapy I&I used at the time of this realEyesation that I needed to speak divine thoughts more powerfully within daily interactions when that feeling arise (I am not sure if I am scribing this feeling very clearly, but I think if ones & ones have felt it, the I know it, yeah? That burning in the throat to say something powerful, but maybe unacceptable to the listener), I started to burn eucalyptus incense, and inhale the fumes of strong eucalyptus infusions (thick teas). Self awareness is the best medicine but I do think the eucalyptus also helped to cure those imbalances. I still drink eucalyptus teas regularly. It tastes great, very smooth and almost minty.

Bless UP.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/15/2015 3:21:54 PM

IandI am from Kansas. The state flower of Kansas is the wild Sunflower. I consume the seeds of plant very regularly, IandI mother grows them in her garden.. Sunflowers, when the stalks are dry, are as hard as wood and make an excellent fire. Collecting the ash from burning the plant can be used to enrich soil similar to that of manure. The Chinese grow this plant extensively, and it is believed that a large portion of its fiber is mixed with their silks. The seeds have diuretic and expectorant properties and have been employed with success in the treatment of bronchial, laryngeal and pulmonary affections, coughs and colds, also in whooping cough. Eating sunflower seeds is a much enjoyed activity for I, keeping the mouth busy and very tasty. I avoid sunflower seeds with added salt..

Great thread GARVEYS AFRICA, praises.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/16/2015 3:18:28 AM

Yes Iah VDR cane is very nutritional, and shouldn't be demonised with the rest of the 'sugars.' Funny how they put the plant for your state as summn straight from the plantation! But nuff cane in the islands too I know how it is! Bless

"RAW SUGARCANE JUICE BENEFITS | low percentage of sugar content | rich in calcium, chromium, cobalt, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium and zinc | containing iron, vitamins A, C, B1, B3, B5, B6 | High concentration of phytonutrients (including chlorophyll) | High in antioxidants and proteins | cancer fighting | stabilizing blood sugar levels in diabetics | reduces fevers | cleanses kidneys | prevents tooth decay | hydrating | clears constipation | wound healing properties | strengthens immune system | high energy boost"

- but that's the juice. I man just deal with the cane itself.

Give THANKHS for the knowledge Jah Child and Hemphill very interesting. Eucalyptus leaf/oil is used by I for seasonal allergies. Jah bless

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I