Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6082&start_row=1

When CHRIST was asked...

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 4:49:39 AM

what should I do to inherit eternal life? By the rich man who would find it harder to enter Zion than for a camel to go through a needle eye.

he said by keeping the commandments. He was then asked which commandments?and named 5 of them but did NOT interestingly repeat the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or 10th commandment. Suggesting these commandments are no longer binding.....

(Matthew 19:16-17, Luke 18:18-20, Mark 10:17-19).

Does that mean we can worship other gods, bow down before graven images, blapheme Christianity, and still reach eternal life?

Selah

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/8/2015 8:23:29 AM

2 John 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Selassie: “When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This Life and the Faith that He taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and a good life upon Earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by Him.”

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Selassie: “To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul.”

H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Selassie: “Therefore, when we say let us all rejoice with our hearts let not our rejoicing be in any other way but in the spirit of Christ. Do not return evil for evil. Do not indulge in the atrocities which the enemy has been practicing in his usual way, even up to the last moment.”

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 9:35:22 AM

Does this answer the question?

Your Christ says eternal life is there for ones who worship other gods and look to what christians call idol imagery. Was he wrong? He said it not me....

What you are talking about is evil, atrocities, not trying hard etc. What does this have to do with what is being questioned here? I see nothing you mention about which commandments have to be followed or not for eternal life

Also the text In question which i paraphrased was allegedly CHRIST talking himself. Not a man writing about CHRIST as with the texts you brought forth from John. Just saying

And it's POINTLESS quoting HIM here because he already done said Our path is not the only valid one to take

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 9:41:56 AM

This is not a continuation from your black and White thread

This is something different

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 9:48:39 AM

The commandments which CHRIST choose to leave out are the commandments dealing with 'Other faiths'

This revelation (which I'm sure has been missed by most bible folk) may be one of the FEW times that TOLERANCE is shown for other paths / cultures / spirituality WITHIN the Bible.

If so Jesus doesn't get Fire for dat one deh. Christians RASTA and Jews across the world get a Fire who selfishly believe their way is the only way for salvation

Yes I JAH

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/8/2015 11:00:58 AM

H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "Let us all rejoice within our hearts let not our rejoicing be in any other way but in the SPIRIT of Christ." There is more than one way to acknowledge the SPIRIT of Christ.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 11:02:29 AM

Yes I there are many 'Irits' of redemption or which are annointed.

Give thankhs

This was a revolutionary find to I man

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/8/2015 11:36:06 AM

Blessed. For I, the best way to acknowledge the spirit of Christ is to follow the teachings of H.I.M concerning the Holy Bible.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/8/2015 1:46:07 PM

That one miss me too, I can remember seeing it and kinda thinkin on it but it never struck I in dat perspective

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/8/2015 2:29:16 PM

in my view, things like "pagans will be stoned" are misunderstood by many people. it was part of the times of the old testament and there are also comparison and metaphors. jesus has revolutionized it. the one they call jesus said that he will deny who has denied him although he forgave one of his apostles who did exactly this. to me, the bible speaks to the conscious of the reader or follower and also pagans can do good. i don't believe in "original sin" like the roman catholic church is talking about it but i think we find forgiveness. if we try to do the right think and live our lives on the right path than how can there be sin? you just have to learn from your mistakes in life. you never stop learning. nobody does. don't deny christ (or at least his message...love and righteousness...) and just try to stay away from wickedness. nobody can judge you but the almighty one.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I