Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6082&start_row=11

When CHRIST was asked...

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/14/2015 2:46:54 PM

I put this across many different CHRISTIAN and bible scholars and nobody has been able to really answer. I like this :)

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/14/2015 4:10:14 PM

i think it's sad. sometimes people confuse other people. but i don't think that it's such a big point when it comes to the slippery message of the bible (cause by false interpretations, the way the church deals with it...or whatever)

jesus said we should follow the golden rule. that's what the commandments are all about. love. who follows a lifestyle which supports love for humanity does what can be described as the most important thing in life and to reach heaven/ zion.

you can also ask people "what is rasta all about?" or "who is selassie?" and you will get many different answers.

it's about the fact that every man has his way. two men, two opinions. of course there are many interpretations of the bible. just like there are so many ones of the other holy scriptures of different religions. to me, it speaks to the conscious so everybody has to find his own way to find to god. like HIM said. something like not only one way is valid. its all about truth and rights (and love) to me.

Messenger: Aklila Kedan Sent: 5/17/2015 9:18:39 AM

Fundamentally I agree reasongtime, It is 100% all about truth and rights

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 5/17/2015 1:46:08 PM

Blessed love,give thanks for life and the mighty life giver

I personally wouldnt interpret these scriptures as saying that the other commandments are no longer necessary,I think what the author is trying to do is make the people focus on these specific commandments because they are the ones that have greater impact one other people,the commandments not mentioned do not have as big of an affect on anyone else for example if you worship another god or a graven image it doesn't affect anyone else at all it just affects you,if you kill or steal from someone that is a way bigger issue.seen?

MOUNT ZION IS A HOLY PLACE NO SIN SHALL ENTER THERE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/17/2015 3:15:33 PM

"Which commandments?"

CHRIST was asked direct and answered specifically. The other commandments may be seen as Hebrew culture rather than necessary for salvation. Lol this all according to scripture. This scripture simple show tolerance toward other ways of life which is the same message brought by Haile Selassie I himself. The other commandments are important. But the man who hails no one with the name 'God' and has images of spiritual tradition all about..... Can still have fe him own salvation as well. Direct from CHRIST this is contrary to the other teachings and beliefs from JudeoChristians that salvation for Israel alone.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I