Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6080&start_row=1

For or Against

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/8/2015 1:23:36 AM

I Idren was reasoning about when he was growing up in Jamaica in the 1980's there were some RasTafarI people that dealt with the bible and others who didn't. For most, it wasn't a point of contention, RasTafarI Inity is Haile Selassie I, not the Bible or refusal of the Bible.

I remember a person who become passionate about RasTafarI and spent so much energy speaking against other ways and religions. Then he became passionate about Islam and started speaking against RasTafarI and others. Then he became passionate about something else, and started speaking against Islam and others.

I don't know why humans feel the need to be against things that are different from them. Actually, I do know why, disunity and hate instead of Oneness and Love, with the addition of Babylon conditioning. By training people to be passionately for something while passionately against something else, it makes it easy to rally the people to fight for them against a "common enemy". Propaganda teaches people to be that way about sports teams, musicians, tv shows, writers, politics, cars, computers, tablets, phones, and so many other things. Being for or against is a large part of many people's lives.

There is another option. Show the example that reflects the Livity the I Trods, Teach others the Ways and Thoughts the I has within. A person can live in Heights while learning from the Bible, and a person can live in Heights without learning from the Bible. There is no need to convince others to start or stop reading the Bible, Teach them Heights, and Heights will Rise their Irits.

And going the other direction, Learn from whoever crosses your path, filtering right from wrong according to your Irits. There are so many things people can Learn from each other, even when people have different ways or religions. Sharing the Teachings independent of religion, culture and ways along with the Teachings of each others religion, culture and ways will be beneficial for both people, if they come with a clean heart and mind. If a person is strong within themself, they shouldn't fear other cultures, ways, or religion, it is a joy and enlightenment to Reason.

That is how people will one day Rise in the Heights of Heights, by Learning from each other.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 5/8/2015 1:35:42 AM

Truthful. Blessed wise words, Blessed word sound & power.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 4:15:50 AM

The reason being babylon conditioning of the mind and propaganda. Is it not true that this form of mentality is promoted by certain verses in the Bible and almost every common religious book? And certainly by religious groups.

Difference between Rasta and the Church is Rastafari see past all of that for the common cause of our liberation with the Glory of His Majesty

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/8/2015 1:56:03 PM

That I problem with the way how people act as if the bible is the only way but that teaching comes from the bible itself, if the teachings werent there the people wouldnt be so!

One Ras tell me say, he dont fight other path and beliefs everybody has their own way BUT like the book say....
That shows me he believes his way is the only way still

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/8/2015 2:21:23 PM

well. the wish to follow religions seems anthropological. but you have to deal with love instead of passion. we are "only" human beings so we have to reason and rethink certain things. like i said before, you can follow the bible or not, follow islam or not, follow the jewish religion or not, but you can't force nobody to believe what you believe. every man has his way. every man can only help himself. no man is an island. you can get inspiration and knowledge everywhere but you must follow your inner voice. your heart and soul. even the great bob marley has dealt with cultural african believes, rasta and christianity etc. although each of the three big religions say that you have to be a member of their religion to reach gods full acceptance i think that it's all about having a clean heart (and to have tolerance towards other people). can't fight them because they don't think what you think. i think everybody has his faith and what we have to do is to follow the things we believe in. and do some good. being righteuous.

sizzla kalonji released a tune called "white god". i love it. and i'm "white". don't think it's scandalous. it's just my point of view. like i said in the black supremacy thread. society is devouring itself. black african cultures and rasta are the answer. some say "fire pon rome" but follow the bible. burro banton - bible again. macka b - bible reader.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I