Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=608&start_row=11

Martial arts

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/14/2005 1:12:25 PM

Ightes!

Iman studied Shotokan some years but then I had to stop because of lack of time. I also didn't really like the un-spiritual runnings of this organisation forgetting about the roots. But still I was really good because I did it since my early years and got up to the violet kyu.
Since that I began to train myself on my own spiritually and physically as unification, tewahedo. To me this is part of I Ital Creation Livity to keep I body temple fitter than fit.
I also think that self defense is important, so I kept much of the shotokan moves in I had and training and still exercise self defens as part of my fitness training. As His Majesty taught, self defense is the responsibility you have for yourself!

Selah

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/14/2005 3:20:54 PM

not sure why my name appears as MANYKEYS..

This is Dr Binghi

Yes I, Nyah, Respect

Good point. Not only self defense, but the defense of others. The strong have a responsibility to defend the weak.

Also, I thought it worth noting... the style my Sifu used, from which he learned the internal strike, was taijichuan (Tai Chi Fist)
Tai Chi is very powerful, and very easy to practice. Tai Chi for health or combat.. is one in the same. Same movements, identically.

Anyone studying martial arts now: Remember, if a teacher explains a technique.. and tells you the application for the movement, the teacher does not know what he's talking about fully. If he tells you the concepts behind it, he's on to something. Even a simple punch sends energy several directions. The end of the fist is not the only part to the punch, seen? Each move has not one application, but endless uses. In knowing the physics and concepts behind why things work, you don't learn set-in-stone moves, but how to use your body in the most efficient ways. Keep this in mind, and pick apart each movement. Learn to throw a punch in front of you, and hit the guy behind you. You overstand me?

------------Blessings, Idren, Blessings--------------

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/17/2005 2:25:19 PM

What are my Idren's thoughts on the following?

I plan, as you know, to open a martial arts school. this is my life, what I want to do. A way for me to help people in several ways.

Do the Idren think my school would be accepted in Africa? more specifically, Ethiopia? Even more pinpointed, Sashamane?

This would be my ideal place, my ideal people to help... but would they want to train?

Blessed Be.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/17/2005 2:28:00 PM

it sounds great, faith and works.i hope the i can teach life skills.

blessedlove
JAH WORK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/17/2005 2:36:41 PM

Dr Binghi I would love to follower under you and learn, for martial arts strengthens the body. If you would like to contact me on this, or just so we could talk on reasonings my e-mail is nappyhead69@hotmail.com .

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/18/2005 12:11:24 AM

Doctor Binghi, what an Ilahful profession the I has got going. I think it would be greatly appreciloved in Africa and surely in Shashamane if you had a way to secure some funds and keep the cost low. From what I know (which is not much) of what is going on in Shashamane these days, the I's there are really laying the foundation of a actively running community... Time is the master. Sellassie I.

For a next look at shashamane (the school house): check the video
http://www.shashamane.org/

More Encouragement bredren! RastafarI guide

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/18/2005 10:26:46 AM

Thanks to the beloved Idren for the encouragement in these matters.

Just so you know, regardless of where I open my school, I plan to not charge for my services. Also, I would like my school to be similar to the old Chinese schools, where the students live at -and care for the school. In America, I would set up labor contracts with local companies, and have the students go to work part time, (4 hrs or so) to cover expenses -then train another 10hrs or so each day. In Shashamane, I have no idea how I would do this. I'm not trying to make money from this... but I do need to figure out a way to do this. After all, myself, and my students have to eat, you know? I'm also starting (sort of) to get into real estate..... maybe if I am blessed with a lot of money from that, I can just pay all the expenses myself.... If not, maybe it would work if the students just farmed on part of the school's land.. maybe figure a way to put a pond with fish.... Where there is a will, there is a way... And if the good Idren of Shashamane want the teachings, I will find a way. I'm not in the martial arts for money, just to prepare myself and my Idren for the times at hand, seen? Any ideas on how to do this, let me know. Your words are, to me, Jah's own words.. coming through the I them --like a singer's words coming through a speaker. Thanks again, Idren, you give me extra drive to make sure this happens one day. And 'nuf thanks and praise to the Most High for leading me to such a source of knowledge and love....

Guidance, beloved, Guidance.. Selassie I Bless

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/18/2005 10:47:34 AM

SisMenenI,

I just went to the site you provided, and contacted them with this idea... to see thier thoughts on it. Thank you for the resource.

Thank you all again, Idren, for support that means more to me personally than anyone of you could know. Thank you.

Blessed Love...

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I