Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6078&start_row=1

DIRASS

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2015 11:04:43 AM

dem Majah Hype movies on YouTube wid 'DIRASS' have to get a Fire. But then funny as anything........

give THANKHS for comedy in this time

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/7/2015 11:27:30 AM

why does dirass have a blonde beard?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2015 11:32:33 AM

Dwl!

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/7/2015 6:09:42 PM

don't know. it's bold. especially the buju banton episode. but it's giving people a good time. i see, he uses his talent.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/7/2015 7:20:37 PM

Yeah rather than the multiple 1 minute skit videos there is a 'Majah hype movie' 1-4 which is a continuous blem of them all

He captures the essence of a number of different characteristics of diaspora personalities almost perfectly lol the man talented yes

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/7/2015 7:35:28 PM

didn't know "dirass" before you've mentioned him. so finally i've found spiritual salvation lol.

i'm not interested in youtube comments normally but somehow i love to listen to some more popular dancehall reggae songs and read comments like "wtf is he actually saying?" on there. it makes me wonder how many years i'm into that music. while i know the lines by heart as a european guy there are so many americans that aren't able to understand a word. so i think hommage is a form of respect. that's why i like the dmx episode so much. it's a confrontation of different cultures. different "black" cultures and stereotypes of course maybe but humor is an effective way to reach people and make them think after or while they are laughing. so i think it's good to see someone dealing with all that different impressions and lifestyles.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/7/2015 8:04:04 PM

Any accent or dialect can be difficult for ones who arent accustomed to it.

I born and brung up in America yet raw Atlanta accent can difficult for I

Most Americans arent exposed to other cultures and accents as others would be to things of America

Ive grown sorted of to Caribbean accents or say Jamaican as i cnt really tell the difference in most other islands
But if u listen to dancehall/reggae sure u would become use to the dialect and accent

It was strange to I when a St Lucian told me he could understand his American born daughter and would get his Lucian born daughter to translate for him

But yes all in all dude got skills

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 4:20:53 AM

Lol yeah all the islands have diff accents. Infact different parts of An individual island has different accents but that's more difficult to pickup for foreigners. The thing is this mans accent is naturally from Brooklyn. Making it all the more impressive. These skits have the islands in a frenzy

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/8/2015 4:21:51 AM

Still a new Twin of Twins would be good right now

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/8/2015 1:34:29 PM

BROOKLYN!!!

YES I, VERY IMPRESSIVE

KABAKA PYRAMID does a very good New York accent too

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I