Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6070&start_row=1

Have any of the brethrens taken the 40 day cleanse?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/24/2015 2:01:52 PM

Has anyone taen the 40 day cleanse before? I am thinking of doing it while reading my bible to get a better understanding...

thoughts..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/24/2015 3:34:57 PM

What is that?

Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 4/24/2015 10:29:33 PM

Can be simply just abstaining from fatty food and unhealthy for 40 days.Most people do just liquid and only drink water and green teas. while other juice and do the teas.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/25/2015 12:55:52 AM

Fo I & I who trod ital livity I & I diet is always free from fatty & unhealthy foods. So its not just a 40 day thing but everyday thing to I & I. Ital is vital, Ital is life

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/25/2015 12:59:15 AM

Blessed Sebat Selam,
If Ones and Ones are eating clean, living clean, then is a "40 day cleanse" necessary? Livity is an Iternal Cleanse.
I personally might collapse if I go 40 days and nights only drinking teas. All wombman need iron and many vegetables for wombman already susceptable to anemia, especially if the wombman eats vegan. Iyah eat clean Ital vegan food 100% of the time which gives I energy and Itality more each day. So I would not stop this to start only drinking tea, unless it was the only option. Give thankhs Itinually for the plenty fresh fruits and vegetables available, that I may have more than water and liquids. Haha give Ises for the teas also tho.
JAH guidance

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/25/2015 12:59:58 AM

Awo Iyah Black Heart

Blessed love.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/25/2015 2:02:51 AM

Havin tea alone fo 40 days ain't cleansing but disturbing & distroying de body systems. Since I & I promote Ital livity I feel it as I & I responsibility to warn fellow Idrens & Istrens against detrimental diet practices like de 40 days tea only diet. To keep I & I bodies in optimum health I & I haffe keep an Itinual supply of all de essential body nutrients. Ises sista Jah Child. Big up fe de Ital enlightment. One Black Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/25/2015 12:16:36 PM

Thanks for explaining ZionChild

The way you explained in terms of people eating more healthy for 40 days is probably the common way that this thing is approached. But as RASTAFARI we want Ital 24/7.....we want a continual journey improving our efforts at health day by day, not for a period of time and then a planned relapse (after the 40 day period)

So in that sense I agree with BlackHEart and JahChild

But..... playing Jah advocate:

Some of I conscious brethren and sistren dont eat fatty foods and unhealthy; they eat Ital. But for a short period (?40 days or what) they may go from ITAL to ITAL-JUICE only diets or from ITAL to ITAL-RAW only diets. All still being different variations of Ital diets. And one knows variation is healthy in itself......

So I could cite that perspective.

Have you tryed anything similar?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/25/2015 2:35:56 PM

I completely agree that Ital is a LIVity. The way you live your life.

-------------------------

However, I have done detox programs before. But this is on top of my normal (ital) diet.

I have only ever done one, which is basically eating a whole chunk of aloe leaf first thing in the morning with lemon and onion juice, for a month.

But, you know this was years ago. I now know that detox is an ongoing process which occurs in harmony with nature and the environment; ongoing LIVity.

All the best,

Joe

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I