Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6068&start_row=1

Rastafari in Ghana

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jav Sent: 4/23/2015 2:42:32 AM

I am a final year media student at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica.

I am currently doing a course entitled "Rastafari in the Global Context" and have to complete a research paper on a country where Rastafari is. My country is Ghana and we are required to have at least one primary source from the country.

I do hope you will be able to assist me in my endeavours to find out about Rastafari in Ghana. Below are some questions I have so far, if you could be so kind to answer them, I would be much obliged.

How did Rastafari start in Ghana?
What medium (eg. music. media etc.) is Rastafari most made popular through?
What is life like currently for Rastafri living in Ghana?
What was life like 10 years ago for Rastafari living in Ghana?
How does Ghanian society perceive Rastafari?
What are some of the different Rastafari communities in Ghana?
How does the future look for Rastafari in Ghana?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/23/2015 1:32:57 PM

UWI.....tall up

Education is a must.

As is the link with brethren and sistren on the continent.

This is good......

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/17/2015 2:22:23 AM

Ites up... I would love to hear from the Idren in Ghana also, how things going in the Iwah?
I hear from a secular medical volunteer who lives and works in Ghana that every "Rasta" he ever met was a thief. Pretty sad to know that his experiences have been all negative! I and even the other man know RasTafarI don't rob, lie, or harm bredren and sistren, and that these people are wolves in sheep's wool! Where are the REAL Ras in Ghana? Come in the open and make the perception of RasTafarI change in the Black Star nation.
I am in the preplanning stage now, and if all goes well Iwombman should be in Ghana in late December... Hope to link up with some true Kings and Queens in that time, with the providence and guidance of the Most High.
Bless Alkebulan entirely.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I