Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6060&start_row=1

Head Transplant

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/19/2015 10:44:19 PM

Russian Man to volunteer for head transplant ny Italian Dr.

Www.medicalnewstoday.com/article/292306.php

Say operation done on monkey in 1970 it lived for eight days but body rejected the head

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/20/2015 9:06:58 AM

Dis is against Rastafari, we do not change our bodies like dat. I's choice, good for him if he tried it but if you are asking about it, den it is indeed forbidden by Ras Tafari

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/20/2015 1:10:58 PM

Hmm. I can't really say I agree with this at all. Body carries the spirit. Spirit IS the actual person and body is the house.

Before coming here, I was against anything to do with western medicine at all, and still am. But I see here that many are willing to accept vaccines, etc and even pharmaceuticals in emergencies.

--------

My question is, to what extent are you willing to accept Western "medicine"?

--------

The way I see it, things should be left to the work of jah and not messed with. An understanding that you (the soul) is living in the body that you are currently in, and also an understanding of the cyclic nature of the universe tells me that all things should be kept as natural as is possible. And obviously the person may have reasons for wanting this treatment, but I don't see any other creature running around in nature with the need to change it's body. I see the need for these things in the first place as a result of Babylon.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/21/2015 6:46:48 AM

Nice idea..... For the terminally paralysed or paraplegic people. The volunteer has a spinal and muscular condition meaning he cannot walk nor use his arms or even sit upwards unaided

But as the article says..... The scientific world is skeptical and doubtful this is possible and ethical with the dilemma being between using this for 'body-dead' young patients vs using this for private money £€$¥ for cosmetic / transgender purposes

I personally think this is BS..... 4 weeks in a coma? 100 surgeons? sounds fishy

Read the article before commenting!!

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I