Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6053&start_row=1

Entheogens

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/11/2015 2:40:45 AM

Dear All,

For those of you who don't know the word Entheogen, they refer to psychedelic plants; plants which expand the mind.

I already understand that Cannabis is widely accepted in Rastafari.

But I thought this would be worthy of discussion, because in previous posts I have learned that Garveys Africa is against their use, aside from Cannabis, altogether yet in a recent discussion where I recommended San Pedro as a treatment for addiction, JAH child not only agreed with their use, but recommended the use of Magic Mushrooms to help with their addiction, too or instead of.

Personally, it is to my understanding that it is very possible to reach these states, eventually without the use of these plants. However, aside from the obvious difference in intensity, why would ones encourage using Cannabis and deny the other mind expanding plants from around the world?

The way I see it, Cannabis obviously could not survive long term in the Mexican Desert, so JAH created a cactus there instead, which is known as Peyote. It's use most definitely IS spiritual. Why would ones not accept these (aside from the differing intensity), because they are of the same class of plants, ie sacred plants used to expand the mind?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/11/2015 8:41:22 AM

Look into the Book: The Cannabis Matrix.. It tells of the true Identity of GanJAH.. Not just a plant but a consciousness, a judgement.. The sacrament of Christ..
Used sacramentally and in the proper chalice, GanJAH brings all elements together.. Wind, Earth, Water, Fire, and Spirit..
GanJAH can be very intense yet is still Ital to use daily..
I dont mess too much with other substances..[Have tried Manna] GanJAH is enough for I.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/11/2015 7:22:51 PM

Maybe Jah Child was speaking personally

I was not debating or giving opinion.

RastafarI culture does not promote the use of any of dem. Ganja is 'enough' - and that is even still controversial amongst InI

So the discussion can be one of each and everybody's personal views. But the fact remain, this is not something Rastafari do or promote - irrespective of the outcome of this reasoning.

Similar to the reasoning on black supremacy which some of de I don't agree with and can reason it out all day. That's fine. But that doesn't change this trod from what it is.

With that being said, and overstanding that FIRST...... Then feel free to share ones and ones thoughts.

Love

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/11/2015 7:51:52 PM

I've seen friends go crazy when they try it for the first time, I wouldn't mess with it

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/12/2015 12:56:27 AM

"RastafarI culture does not promote the use of any of dem. Ganja is 'enough' - and that is even still controversial amongst InI

So the discussion can be one of each and everybody's personal views. But the fact remain, this is not something Rastafari do or promote - irrespective of the outcome of this reasoning.

Similar to the reasoning on black supremacy which some of de I don't agree with and can reason it out all day. That's fine. But that doesn't change this trod from what it is.

With that being said, and overstanding that FIRST...... Then feel free to share ones and ones thoughts.

Love"

I completely respect that, and thanks for putting it in such a clear and respectful way.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/12/2015 3:44:11 AM

True, Rastafari foundation, speaking from the Root not the branch or leaves. Raspect

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/12/2015 11:14:11 AM

And if the branches and leaves are to live, they must pay heed and re-member with the ROOTS. Having our own functions and movements; adding to the whole, not taking away from others.. A unified living tree.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/12/2015 11:43:50 AM

Bless Iyahs
Yes Give Ises for the Inity and RASpect
There is another thread I think with the same title that has many personal viewpoints including that of Iwombman.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/12/2015 11:51:03 AM

"use of other entheogens" is the thread.
Yes Iyah.
To use these substances as a mental trip is different still from using them to treat existing, serious drug addictions. Many times the people taking psilocybin for recreational use are doing so in far higher amounts than necessary to treat nicotine or narcotic dependancy.
Ites of Love and RASpect,
With thANKHs for all natural healing.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/12/2015 1:46:35 PM

http://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5596&start_row=1

Thanks for the link JAH child. Interesting to hear your past experience with magic mushrooms;

"I will never forget the things I saw and learned on mushrooms. The cyclical nature of the universe, the "Goddess" inside I, the way vibrations connect everything in the material world, the unity of I with nature." JAH child

My personal view on these things is that they are very powerful tools that jah put on this earth to make a person remember who they are... so long forgotten... to make the lost sheep hear jah's voice.

They have the ability to open one's mind to the truth. Not to be used with the wrong intention or recreationally to "have a good time", cause often you won't.

I would never consume synthesized drugs, for these are drugs. One must understand that the plant(s) in question actually are physical living entities, living souls. Synthesized drugs are not living things, are not spirits.

Interesting GA from what I read on the other thread that you have never tripped on cannabis (ie you have had cannabis but not tripped or "hallucinated"), and if you hallucinated you would have serious words with the person who sold it to you. "Hallucinate" really is the word used to describe, in this case, experienced higher reality. I can only put this down to the humble nature of the Cannabis spirit. It may show different people different things.

I still haven't heard any really meaningful reasons for using cannabis but not other entheogens.

Lets take peyote. Aside from the obvious different in intensity;

Both it and cannabis are used as a sacrament from different groups around the world
Both are deeply ingrained into the traditional medicine from the area from whence it came
Both are created by Jah

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I