Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6050&start_row=1

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2015 8:27:44 AM

how de I dem see it?

I for one (while in da west) will not be par taking in any form of marriage ceremony or babylon registry.

marriage a personal thing between man and wombman and Jah. or Man and Wombmen and Jah if polygamous, which I am not against.

if I am courting a wombman she is I Wife.

Give thankhs

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 8:52:53 AM

Yes I GARVEYS AFRICA

I have recently asked IandI woman to be IandI wife. No ring, no ceremony, no 'legal' paper-work.. Just eternal partnership in Love/Jah.

Big ups for the promotion of Life!

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/8/2015 9:12:38 AM

I wish you a very happy "marriage" Hemphill, official or otherwise.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 9:16:33 AM

Praises Humble One. I have never been in this spot before. IandI are very eexcited.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 9:16:34 AM

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/8/2015 11:29:45 AM

Bless Up Garvey I + Impress
Bless HempIyah + JAHlissa
Give thankhs for Inity of Man, Wombman, and Child. More life.
Iwombman Igree with the I Garvey. People often think that signing a marriage document or saying "I do" is somehow crossing a threshold when it is not, and it does not change or validate the relationship. The only thing that can validate man and wombman in Inity is the Love and partnership between the two, and it is a daily and hourly choice for the two people to remain in that vibration.
As for polygamy I think it is beautiful the way the families can work together, wombman all sharing the mothering of the lil ones. Iwombman personally do not know if I have the humility necessary to be one of many wives. Maybe that is why people do it, to force themselves to cultivate those values of humility and selflessness. Personally I don't think it is the right choice for I. I want to have as many babies as possible in this life, so I don't need to share the one husband several nights a week, I think the two of us can just work on making more life between I&I, seen?
Blessed guidance and love All.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/8/2015 2:45:14 PM

Been wan get d I dem thoughts on dis yah especially since many I hold biblical values or what not and western style marriage ceremonies have nuttin in common with biblical way.

Im like you GA, deffenitely dont need or want babylon paperwork

from what i see amongst I people make I wonder, it like the thing is working a spell for I people, dont see a good tract record no more

If i was to do any ceremony or contract "Jumping the broom" a be good for I

On polygamy what about Wombman polygamy, i read dat was once supm in Igbo culture

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2015 3:00:56 PM

Still
Re: the ceremony part of it

I know many Queens see ixample like the marriage of Jah Cure and Kamilla and feel is only a rightful thing.

But ceremony a ceremony. Marriage a marriage.
Garveys Africa

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/8/2015 3:31:30 PM

Yes I . It is true dat when man & womb agree to each other to start troding togeda de journey of soul partnership, dat is marriage. Dat is de way it was ina ancient iwa & dis iwa fo I & I who trod ancient livity. But still some of us who go find mate with non Rasta will be obligated to show Raspect to mate 's parents & familly by perfoming ceremony fo dem sake. But still de way de I Garvey put it is de most ancient & ilahful way. Ceremony came with vanity. Blessed Black Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 4:16:40 PM

IandI Queen JAHlissa hardly know Rasta when we first met.. She now trods with I in JAH Name.. We are not too concerned with what our parents think.. I vision was to be in a beautiful natural setting and promise our Love with JAH as the witness.

Bless
One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I