Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6049&start_row=1

Homosexuality

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 122
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/8/2015 1:02:44 AM

What is the I's view on homosexuality, gay marriage, etcetera.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/8/2015 3:55:03 AM

Dear Lemuel,

Personally I think all people should have the right to be with whatever gender they like, and I would actively stand up for someone if they are being denied of this because of norms.

I don't see gay as synonymous with Babylon, and I think each person should have the right to freely choose without fear of persecution.

Having said this, I myself do not agree with being homosexual.. But this is personal and I think that those who do should be allowed to.

--------------------------------------

http://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4076&start_row=1

But it seems that Rastafari is against homosexuality, and I quote from Garveys Africa that he thinks that they are "wicked and mentally ill". I completely disagree with this, but still I think this is the general feeling.

We did have a very large discussion on this a few months back, but I can't seem to find it. It isn't the link that I have posted, that is a different one. I would be very greatful if anyone has the link to that discussion,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/8/2015 4:04:49 AM

Here it is;

http://jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5979&start_row=1

Titled "Sizzla bun Gays, government and the system"

--------------------------------------------

Some quotes to give you an idea of the general feeling;

Garveys Africa; "Gays are mentally ill / wicked"

Eleazar; "do not continue to post arguments advocating homosexuality on this forum as it is very offensive to I and I RasTafarI people. The whole world may go astray but I and I will never bow down to wickedness. "

Shasatabe Makonnen; "Fyah pon dem fuckry & babylon pagan works!" and "Blaze up di fyah pon dem BATTYman to bloodclaat cho"

RAS NATE; "If ones can't see the abomination of homosexual actions and the beauty of heterosexual actions,and the great difference between the two,it's a shame and petty."

---------------------------------

I have chosen some of the most fiery quotes, but you can get the idea that Rastafari is entirely against gay people.

I don't agree with this though,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2015 8:11:15 AM

Yes.

A mental illness.

A form of genocide.

Unnatural disrespect to the mother, father, grandparent to the first Ancient

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 8:47:09 AM

Yes, confusion. People led astray by babylon.. See BPA and other chemicals emasculating men.. An attack on the family.. Especially in the USA.. Government promotes 'feminism' and chemical genocide to bring men to their knees.. I hear women regularly asking: 'Where did all the good guys go?'.. Tricking the women with distorted values and leaving soo many 'guys' to wear the skinny-jean effeminate style.. This is what is promoted, this is the chief style if a one is to be seen as non-offensive.. 'Men' too scared to stand up to their girlfriends, or even have girlfriends, let alone resist the babylon system..

Righteousness is being attacked across the board, promoting confusion and evil vanity in place..

People have a right to do what they want to, not if it destroys other people.. Why is it that the small LGBT community can dictate to the entire USA population?.. Government backing.. Spokespeople saying restaurants HAVE to serve gay people and NO discrimination is allowed, yet these same people ban ALL bible verses and work to remove 'God'.. Huge double standard, plus if a one actively goes against divinity, they a demon..

Life.. I support Life.. Homosexuality can NOT produce Life.. It is sex without procreation.. ever.. Vanity..

Just how IandI see it..

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/8/2015 9:34:17 AM

"Homosexuality can NOT produce Life"

True, and as I stated before, PERSONALLY I disagree with homosexuality; ie I wouldn't want it for myself.

----------------------------------------

But lets talk Gay rights. What my whole post at the beginning about was this; aside from my personal views about it, I was talking about the right to be with whichever gender.

Even though you wouldn't want it for yourself, you agree that Gay people should be allowed to be gay, right? Or would you, given the choice, forceably strip this right from them?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2015 9:45:04 AM

R murderers allow to B murderers?

FIRE on gays

That's the only right dem have

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 11:28:58 AM

Saying that someone has the right to decide their gender is like saying a one can decide their skin color.. We are what Jah has made us, in His image and likeness.
King Alpha and Queen Omega.

Bless
One True Love

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 4/8/2015 11:29:58 AM

Homosexual behaviors are not uncommon for animals. And this is one of the reasons why the "natural law" fails to be the ground of human morality. While I don't think homosexuality should be illegal or condemned, I consider it a disorder that can/should be treated.
As for the gay rights thing: I can't help but noticed that the "gay tolerance" is slowly turning into "gay supremacy".

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 1:43:15 PM

Yes I ChantDownBabylon. Very true. Humanity is above the animals, we must behave so..

Bless
One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 122

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I