Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6046&start_row=21

Mulatto Privileges and/or disassociation from Black

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/7/2015 4:09:13 PM

RA'Spect

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/7/2015 10:39:03 PM

De post is about privileges & disassociation from Black of mixed race people. So ones haffe try & overstand de topic first bfore reasonig on de topic. Garvery Africa & Hemphil, yo reasonings are not in de direction of de topic & thread. I man didn't say de wailers dis Black but I man was givin an example dat fits de topic. So we heared stories dat Bob got more priviledges from producers & media than Peter & Bunny. for de problem to be solved people affe adress it instead of pretending its not deh

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/7/2015 11:34:04 PM

Black Heart: I am not trying to say that the problem being expressed is invalid or nonexistent. I am only offering what I feel to be a solution.

I think it is disgusting that the world operates on racial biased and downpression, babylon.. I burn the entire consciousness in whatever disguise it uses. 'Privileging' white color over others is evil. Having a bias towards white 'mixed' people is equally evil. People that work with this are only on a fast track to ruin the soul. The cure to this, I feel, is to burn all of the devils separation techniques.

I promote a One Humanity perspective.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/8/2015 3:14:53 AM

I agree with Hemphill.

I understand and accept that Rastafari is unmistakably African. So, for the purposes of this discussion, I won't mention this again.

But I do think that, outside of Rastafari, ones must accept that "black" and "white" does not always = Babylon and non Babylon. I use "non Babylon" because I understand that Rastafari is African identity, rather than saying Babylon and "rastafari".

But this doesn't mean that all white people are evil. Even if the majority are!!

Jah mainifests the truth throughout all races.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/8/2015 4:18:35 AM

No black and white thing, no solution as majority of ones on here hv similar views on that.

Has anyone experienced in the society in which u live, a community of light skinn blacks not wanting to be black or associated themselves with darker skin blacks

Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2015 7:53:19 AM

Black heart, you also have to remember with Bob he was the LEAD singer of the band. So he is due whichsoever privileges dem give him. After he split and went solo he became more famous probably with his color as a factor in the west, yes. But as a wailer, none at all. In many place in Africa, Peter tosh was arguably MORE recieved than Marley. So as far as disassociation and privilage...... I still don't cite dat analogy. But I think I see your point, the western music industry doesn't like dark skin - I think that still true today.

I'm being told my reasoning has nothing to do with the thread yet voodooroots JUST ask if der are any communites of light skin people not wanting to be black.

I am saying there are dark skin communites who don't want to be black or associate demself with Africans. Lol

Go figure.

My reasoning is not so much to answer the question but to add context.

We are dealing with a system of white supremacy, not a system of light red mokka dark or blick supremacy. A black man of any hue who dissociates himself needs a Fire

Marcus Garvey

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/8/2015 7:40:15 PM

I have a friend named Drew, he is mixed. Father is dark and mother is white. A couple years younger than I, Drew feels slightly rejected from his community[Rural Kansas].. He has said that he is too dark for the whites and too light for the darks.. There are not many black people in this area and even fewer mixed people. I have to deal on a person to person basis when thinking about this topic.. Drew says that he has caught a lot of grief for being 'light-skinned' but even more for being mostly dark. Because of this, Drew reaches a natural middle ground with most things.. Never relying too heavily on either side of any issue. He does believe in God and thinks that Ras Tafari is interesting but does not commit to any structure of faith.. The little of Ras Tafari Drew knows, He agrees with.. Cant get him to grow locks tho.. In our reasoning's, Drew has said that he feels blessed for having been born from the 'best of both worlds'. He see's himself as a beautiful example of Human unity. He promotes One Humanity.

One thing that I have noticed about Drew is that he is more likely to go after a white women than a black women. I have heard him say that 'Black chicks have too much attitude'.. Even still, he has said 'White girls are too stuck-up'.. He is single..

Personally, I feel that the system is designed to downpress Africa. Here in Kansas, African consciousness is scarce. Ras Tafari is not known properly or known at all.. Ultimately, from IandI experience, I have seen an overall disassociation from Africa of black people.. Not just mixed over darker.. I can see how in bigger areas, even further disassociation would exist.. Truly a problem..

People need to rise out of racial bias and separation with Truth and Justice.

Bless
One Life One Love

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/8/2015 8:18:46 PM

Black cant really disassociate from Africa because its supm they've never known her. They only been told their ancestors came from there. Some dont even believe it and the way Africa was/is portrayed in the country and all the lies they've been told how could one blame them.

I can understand y blacks in d US feelin a certain way towards lightskin black because of the history of the country and the superiority lights where given and used over darks and the darker was associated with ugly and other negative dat wasnt deemed to the lighter ones. One never hear the the "bright or red and ugly together but its like 'black and ugly' was synonymous. When one would go poorer area majority were darker while lighter people usual financially better tho notbalways of course but projects and plantation communities were overwhelmingly darker.

Dark blacks in the the US often have an inferiority complex to light skin so they try to reverse to role on the lightskin to try feel superior as being more black.

Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/13/2015 12:26:50 AM

Bro Garvey Africa. Bob became a lead singer after Peter & Bunny left. Bfore dat de three of dem were lead singers but producers & media made it look like Bob was de leader of de group. I saw a documentory about Peter where he mention dis. According to Peter Bob was his student so he was against what de producers & media were doin (making it look like Bob was de leader). It is a fact dat Bob was more privileged than de two bcos of his light complection. Conclusion: Mulatto are more priviledged

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/13/2015 8:01:15 AM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I