Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6046&start_row=31

Mulatto Privileges and/or disassociation from Black

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/13/2015 8:02:32 AM

My brother go and listen to any wailers album before they split and tell me who the lead singer? From lee Perry days? Bob was always the lead. They split because Peter wanted more of a central role and they didn't want to go and tour Europe with Bob for 'promotion' while whiteworst get paid

Peter can say what he like if you make a ten track album and you a lead on 8-9 of the tracks the who is the lead singer!??!! See soul rebels

Bob never received a thing from his father so again tell me where the privilages outside of babylon latching onto him ONCE he was famous come from? Not in JA

And a one example can never make a sound conclusion my lord

If I give an example of a black dark skin in the islands or in America who live more privilaged than other blacks. Can I then make a conclusion and say it easier for dark skin?
Same argument with black Wombmen and black men.... I see dem argue about who the most privileged or who have it tougher. Pure fukkery

Willie lynch
Willie lynch
Willie lynch

But seriously I'm done on the topic we agree to disagree or whatever. My upbringing in this conscious black nationalistic Rastafari trod really doesn't teach I to think about black people in dem way deh.
One african love under the premise of Marcus Garvey and Haile Selassie teachings

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/13/2015 8:15:32 AM

Dbl

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/13/2015 8:17:01 AM

What privilages did Malcolm have?

The fact he was a black nationalist he had no privilages being brown skinned infact he would have been at a disadvantage because at the time many pro black groups would not let brown skin or light people join......

Take home point:
In 1915 it was different
In 2015 being light skin or being dark doesn't play a role into how your mind works and whether you are conscious or whether you are whitewashed and an Uncle Tom. In 2015 they come in all shapes and sizes. If you reject your africanness and culture you will be privaliged in this society. the dark skin bald head working for babylon Christian man with a European mindset will be more privilaged Dan a light skin revolutionary. A just so
- whether dark or light people do that the most I really don't know but across the board it happen way too much!!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 4/13/2015 10:21:29 AM

Dis thing yah been gone left!

I reasoning was bout ones experiencing situations similar to what my cousin say he experienced in a certain city. Never on an individual basis.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/13/2015 2:27:07 PM

I know but I still get a mention and blac heart and I buck up inA musical wailers argument.

Lol.

High praises brethren black heart and Voodooruutz from you know is still love

If anyone has any further examples of historical or current day situations like the example the brethren have of white and brown vs black segregation prejudice and any class difference....then please share!!!!

Most high

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I