Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6044&start_row=21

Dairy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/10/2015 1:42:45 PM

From what I have gathered. Sufficient sources of vitamin B12 can only be gathered from eating fish, other flesh, dairy or insect products. I read something in the past about some vegans from India not having any B12 issues until they came to England. They don't know for sure, but they thought that the reason was because in India, the fruits and vegetables are not cleaned as thoroughly as in the food manufacturing industry and is exposed to more insects, so they got their B12 in India from remnants of insects on their food. People only need a small amount of B12 to be healthy, so the small amount they got from the insects was sufficient.

I don't take supplements, but I eat dairy products, so I get B12 from that.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/10/2015 11:35:30 PM

http://www.veganhealth.org/b12/plant

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/12/2015 7:25:55 AM

I doubt if Emperor HAILE SELASSIE I would drink milk from a wine glass.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/12/2015 7:26:53 AM

There's a reason why its called a wine-glass.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/12/2015 6:19:52 PM

Contraversial still even to today whether or not the b12 in algae such as spirulina or other plant based sources is sufficient or whether being an analogue it actually blocks the absorption of b12. A significant difference in outcome. I for 1 dont see too much wrong in a little dairy product now and then. For the Ital I dem with lactose intolerance this could cause a problem. I also know many a long term italist vegan with no such worries of deficiency

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/12/2015 11:31:42 PM

It can take 12-15 years to become deficient in B12, and longer if you get a little every now and then. Sometimes soy or other vegetarian products are fortified with B12. Some types of soy, almond and similar type beverages are fortified with B12.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/13/2015 3:22:29 AM

Adam and his generation ate fruits and herbs and grains and seeds and lived for hundreds of years.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/13/2015 3:25:37 AM

Genesis 1. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/13/2015 3:34:33 AM

Forgotten books of eden
CHAP. IX.

The death of Adam.
5 Then Seth wound him up well, and embalmed him with plenty of sweet spices, from sacred trees and from the Holy Mountain; and be laid his body on the eastern side of the inside of the cave, the side of the incense; and placed in front of him a lamp-stand kept burning.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/13/2015 3:36:56 AM

Forgotten books of Eden
CHAP. XI.

1 AFTER the death of Adam and of Eve, Seth severed his children, and his children's children, from Cain's children. Cain and his seed went down and dwelt westward, below the place where he had killed his brother Abel.

2 But Seth and his children,

welt northwards upon the mountain of the Cave of Treasures, in order to be near to their father Adam.

3 And Seth the elder, tall and good, with a fine soul, and of a strong mind, stood at the head of his people; and tended them in innocence, penitence, and meekness, and did not allow one of them to go down to Cain's children.

4 But because of their own purity, they were named "Children of God," and they were with God, instead of the hosts of angels who fell; for they continued in praises to God, and in singing psalms unto Him, in their cave--the Cave of Treasures.

5 Then Seth stood before the body of his father Adam, and of his mother Eve, and prayed night and day, and asked for mercy towards himself and his children; and that when he had some difficult dealing with a child, He would give him counsel.

6 But Seth and his children did not like earthly work, but gave themselves to heavenly things; for they had no other thought than praises, doxologies, and psalms unto God.

7 Therefore did they at all times hear the voices of angels, praising and glorifying God; from within the garden, or when they were sent by God on an errand, or when they were going up to heaven.

8 For Seth and his children, by reason of their own purity, heard and saw those angels. Then, again, the garden was not far above them, but only some fifteen spiritual cubits.

9 Now one spiritual cubit answers to three cubits of man, altogether forty-five cubits.

10 Seth and his children dwelt on the mountain below the garden; they sowed not, neither did they reap; they wrought no food for the body. not even wheat; but only offerings. They ate of the fruit and of trees well flavoured that grew on the mountain where they dwelt.

11 Then Seth often fasted every forty days, as did also his eldest children. For the family of Seth smelled the smell of the trees in the garden, when the wind blew that way.

12 They were happy, innocent, without sudden fear, there was no jealousy, no evil action, no hatred among them. There was no animal passion; from no mouth among them went forth either foul words or curse; neither evil counsel nor fraud. For the men of that time never swore, but under hard circumstances, when men must swear, they swore by the blood of Abel the just.

13 But they constrained their children and their women every day in the cave to fast and pray, and to worship the most High God. They blessed themselves n the body of their father Adam, and anointed themselves with it.

14 And they did so until the end of Seth drew near.

*verse 10- burnt offerings; they did not keep animals, so these must have been meat offerings.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I