Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6039&start_row=1

Biblical Horrors

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: LEMUEL Sent: 4/3/2015 7:10:03 PM

In de name of ا;ل;ل;ه;, de All-Glorious, & whom He manifested ta us as His promised messengers, de Báb & Bahá'u'lláh (ﷺ;), and de Seventh Angels, Charles Mason Remy & H.I.M Haile Selassie I (ﷺ;) and de Nyabinghi Order,

Bredren and sistren, I been havin trouble wit de bible, I read it often, but I came across some bloody verses, such as kill de nonbelievers. I ave trouble wit dis, dere are lots of bad and bloody bible verses and I want to know why. Tanks.

ب;ه; ن;ا;م; خ;د;ا;،; ه;م;ه; ش;ک;و;ه; م;ا; ا;ی;ن; م;ی; گ;و;ی;ن;د;. آ;م;ی;ن;.
Blessings,

Lemuel

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/3/2015 7:28:18 PM

The Bible is a living document.
The Koran is also 'bloody'.
Even the Bhagavad Gita promotes killing demons.

Recordings and teachings must line up with the consciousness of the time.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/3/2015 7:29:59 PM

Dat doesn't explain why God would be so horrid

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/3/2015 8:31:41 PM

Jah is not horrid. Jah IS Love

Sin and acquired bad-karma are horrid. This world's current reality is a duality. Good and evil. Once Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they became aware of and entwined with this duality. When minds are entwined with these forces, a one can fall to the 'horrid' side of creation. Jah actively reaches these people with providing the stair steps out of such consciousness. The lower steps' practices may seem horrid but are actually necessary for spiritual growth.

We are living in the time of Judgement, a war between Angles and Demons. Love is the ultimate and inevitable victory but the battle will be bloody..

Jah create everything. Life and death. Good and evil. Zion and babylon. A unified living construct individually perceived.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/4/2015 2:39:19 AM

"but I came across some bloody verses, such as kill de nonbelievers"

"Love is the ultimate and inevitable victory but the battle will be bloody.."

-----------------------------

In this time, many people are very confused because of seperation from nature or Jah. I can indeed see, when I walk down the street and see people, that many people are "demons".

But I Strongly disagree with the idea of killing babylon through murder.

These are confused people... right? Because they are sheep who have been led astray. So why not help them, rather than kill them off?

Good over bad
Help over destruction

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/4/2015 2:40:27 AM

Also the modern bible has many lies in it.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/4/2015 3:20:25 AM

The Quran is worse than the bible for this don't it?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/4/2015 12:38:30 PM

Blessed Righteous Love Ones,
I agree with the Iman Lemuel... Fyah burn all bloodshed and violence from the idea of JAH. Anytime a person, present future or ancient, claims the Almighty's message to be proviolent, I would be extremely skeptical of that person and simply reject the idea as offbase. Aba Qiddus, who fought battles in this human life, speaks of the need to disarm, and of the harm that humans bring on themselves through violence:
"In very truth, there are no interests nor reasons, however legitimate they may be, that can justify war"
"Disarmament is vital today, quite simply, because of the immense destructive capacity which men now possess. Ever since the stone age, the production of arms has always been the source of man's own destruction."
This shows that human experience is imperfect, and sometimes we will have to fight tooth and nail just to defend what is right, just as HIM fought Italian invasion, but in the hearts of I&I must be love, gentleness, and a hesitancy to take arms against any creature. Justice and peace for all Imanity.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/4/2015 1:02:10 PM

Yes, fight babylon with truth and love first and foremost; but do not be afraid to stand up and defend thy self.. Even non-violent Gandhi said 'I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence'

We cannot fight babylon violence with violent warfare, we must be bigger. We must educate people away from such acts. However, some people are so 'hell-bent' on destruction that death is a saving measure for that person as well as those afflicted. Ending this evil persons ability to further degrade their own soul.

Haile Selassie made the nations aware, He made every attempt to end the Italian invasion non-violently. When He was left with no other choice, He fought on the front lines.

The babylon beast is growing and becoming even more destructive. We are coming to a point where few choices are left... Fight or flight. Jah and the Children of, are on this Earth here and now to fight for Truth and Justice. In a time of global deception, telling the truth is a revolutionary action.

Bless
One Love

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I