Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6032&start_row=41

Is it anti Afrikan to marry a woman older than you?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ayah Ntobeko Sent: 4/7/2015 2:13:37 AM

Give thanx@Gavey Africa,"It maybe anti-African bt not anti Rastafari"Its true bedren as iman is living on i mama land(AFRICA) i have noticed lot of un african traditions which are embraced as african bt when you search deeper you find dat its not african,from my obsevation for now its only rastafari movement which is trying reclaim true african values,I man know lot of african men who have married wombman older than them,lot of dem are living in harmony happy,I Muma is older than i pupa with 1yrs bt they never married,i pupa wife is older than mi pupa bt they are african,african people dont like it bt accept it.its specifically de wombman who like to tease de man who married a wombman older than him.it is true that not everything happening in africa is african,e.g men having more than one wife.Age barrier to marriage is unafrican as lot ancient african history have evidence of africans males marrying older wombman,rastafari way of life so clean&pure,law of M'AAT is african,not traditions as they change.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2015 6:55:43 AM

GIVE THANKHS IAH

that's exactly what I was getting at. Not all traditions in africa NOW, are african.

But yes I give thanks for the life ixample

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/7/2015 6:46:38 PM

She is flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone, they should appear as so.
Right?

Beware of one who prevents man and woman from marrying( uniting)

Also beware of the one who doesnt warn you of Delilah. Delialahs and Jeezebel s ( womon of Babylon mystery) come in all ages and forms.

Righteous woman strengthens man relationship with JAH she brings man closer and is of assistance on the road to Zion....Delilahs and Jeezebels turn man away from JAH most high glory and he falls backward..

I say there is a Rasta woman for every rastaman , a dreadlocks womban for ivery dreadlocks man.

Faithful and True
Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/7/2015 11:12:48 PM

wombman one year older would make some people raise eye brows but wombman 6 years older would make almost de whole community raise eye brows. Now dis may not be a problem but de question is dat will dis wombman be able to handle & tolerate rejection by her inlaws? It is a fact dat both Zion Mountain & de sista s' famillies may fight against their marriage. Zion Mountain may be able to handle de rejection since him RASTA but how about de sista? Is she ready to face dat?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/7/2015 11:40:31 PM

Bro Ntobeko. Lets be honest with ourseves & Zion Mountain. Marriages where wombman is older than man by a gap of abt 6 years or more are only exceptional cases ina Africa. These are only accepted under special situation. So u can't seh its African when yu know almost every culture & most of de population is against it. De funy thing yu even tel dat yo parents never did de ceremony? why? Now my other concern is dat de sista 's drug addiction may be wurse due to de outcast status of her marriage

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/8/2015 12:39:09 AM

To yu bro Zion Mountain. If de I realy love de wombman then give de Iself enough iwa to know her. Don't be overcomed by de disire to have a queen & de desparation for a sexual partner. Like I said bfore dis is gona a big challenge fo de I. She may be good as a friend but de question is she gona be a good wife? Give yo selves atleast a year of friendship bfore rushing to any marriage ceremony. Be aware of de fact dat yu may not have yo own children with her & dat is another challenge. Stand firm

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2015 8:25:32 AM

By marriage we meant ceremony?

Interesting

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/8/2015 2:05:19 PM

No brother dats not what we men't. Why de I come like dat? Yu know very well dat deh's a ceremony dat have to take place for de marriage to be recognised by de society as real. I intention is to help de Idren, dats why I give him a strong warning. So tel I brother, whats realy yo intention when yu simply tel a fellow Idren to go ahead with a marriage dat is most likely to be engulfed with problems without warning de Idren?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/8/2015 2:06:39 PM

No brother dats not what we men't. Why de I come like dat? Yu know very well dat deh's a ceremony dat have to take place for de marriage to be recognised by de society as real. I intention is to help de Idren, dats why I give him a strong warning. So tel I brother, whats realy yo intention when yu simply tel a fellow Idren to go ahead with a marriage dat is most likely to be engulfed with problems without warning de Idren?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/8/2015 2:41:33 PM

Yes I Bro Blackheart,I have heard the I.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I