Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6032&start_row=31

Is it anti Afrikan to marry a woman older than you?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/2/2015 2:54:05 PM

Ises Sister. Grandma is to help strenthen de family with wise mind. She help groom her doughter inlaw into a queen to be, giving her knowledge & skills of running a family & of life (e.g. baby care, Agric skills, art, dressmaking e.t.c). She is also de one dat help woman to deliver a baby at home (she is midwife of de family). Concerning de issue of Ras & non Ras in a relationship; I think it is a challenge yet it is almost de only option fo many Rastas. Many have to lern to live with it.

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/2/2015 5:34:09 PM

Baha'is aren't trying to change your mind. We are forbidden to door-to-door preach. I do not wish to argue and I am rather offended at the assumptions i wish to change Rastafari or bahai faith. Rastafari is love and bahai is love. the truth is to love one another and not argue about dis

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/3/2015 9:47:10 AM

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/bahai-rasta.19850/

Maybe why Baha and Rasta can't work

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/3/2015 2:45:01 PM

Give thanks my bredda GA,VDR and Blackheart,not forgetting Jah Child and Sista for all your concern.

I get it,its anti-Afrikan and this has always been on I mind though I was having some doubts.
I think to just leave the sistran would be a selfish act,at least I have to help her stabilise her mind and get of drugs,at least the relationship will be meaningfull and purposeful.

As for not having a babie,I dont think its a permanent think but something dat never come up in the expected time.

I give thanks for strength and wise mind

Messenger: LEMUEL Sent: 4/3/2015 3:04:10 PM

Those people support Bahá'í Rasta. what's your point?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 4/3/2015 3:06:39 PM

Bro Lemuel Joe, when are yu gona lern Raspect & Humblelness? Why can't yu start a new thread about yo Baha instead of disraspectin de Idren who started dis reasoning. I & I are Iware of dis kind of Bylon cychology dat yu use to try & stop I & I Black people from embracing I & I Black Iritage & Identity. Dis thread is abt marriage & Africa but yu dicide to disturb it Why? Is it bcos yu got de mentality of slave masters. Yu fight against Black Iwareness why? Is not bcos yu are a rising anti-Christ?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/3/2015 7:19:01 PM

Bro Zionmountain.....Anti African maybe, That doesn't mean it is/isn't anti Rastafari..

Do what the I feels is best

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/3/2015 7:59:01 PM

I have been reading this thread, I find it interesting. I have not commented because I know nothing of the pertaining African traditions..

I only want to ask some questions..

GARVEYS AFRICA:
The I has reasoned this with I in 'Caucasians becoming Rastafari'; Saying: 'a form of spirituality. Rastafari is this, and also a livity, and also a political statement, and also a cultural identity. You cant separate one part from a next'..

I see the point the I is making. Ras Tafari livity/political statement/cultural identity is Africa. Can not be separated..

Then the I says this: 'Anti African maybe, That doesn't mean it is/isn't anti Rastafari..'

I am not pointing any fingers or saying that anyone is wrong here, I only want to know: Is the I drawing a difference between Africa and Ras Tafari?

Am I right in saying that not ALL African traditions are practiced in Ras Tafari? If so: where is this distinction made? Are non-African peoples excluded from Ras Tafari within this distinction?

I know most of this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand.. Maybe this is unwanted.. A new topic post would be better?

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/4/2015 3:17:43 AM

Africa is a large continent with many different cultures
Rastafari is an African redemptive culture

Everything RasTafari is African
Not EVERYRHING african is an acceptable part of Rastafari

I really can't comment on 'none african rastafari'

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/4/2015 8:01:43 AM

Seen. Appreciated.

Bless
One Love