Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6032&start_row=1

Is it anti Afrikan to marry a woman older than you?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/29/2015 12:52:20 AM

There is this woman I met and she likes I so much but she is 6 years older than I man.Now I really dont know what to do.She doesnt judge I or wear I down but Iman not sure about we age difference.

She said she had been heart broken since she left her husband because she couldnt have a child.

She grew up in a rich family and material things dont mean anything to her,She is a drug addict but I dont think its her fault because her parents grew up spoiling her a lot but she is willing to quit.She smokes cigarettes and herbs,she say she no longer drink alcohol but drink this morden cough syrup to get high.

She wants to get off that but she doesnt know how,how can Iman help her to get off drugs?

And she say she wants to move in with Iman and I want to hear from the Is if Iman is doing the rightfull thing

But I still remember H.I.M was younger to Empress Menen and she was twice married before meeting Haile Selassie

What do the I say?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/29/2015 2:03:08 AM

My king. If de I was de one dat is 6 years older then dat would be advantageous but in dis case de age difference is most likely to be problematic to de I. My Lord if yu love to marry her then yu affe prepared mentaly, physicaly & spiritualy bfore yu marry her. B aware of de fact dat in 10 years to come she might look like somebody dat is old enough to be yo mother & dat is most likely to negatively affect yo relationship. Yu may be iriticaly strong to withstand dat but she may not. So don't rush

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/29/2015 4:00:13 AM

Ras Tafari marrried Menen Aswaf who was only about one year older then Tafari.

Marcus Garvey had 2 wife's of big age difference about 10 years ach and both ended in divorse . The third wife was of a closer age .

Menen was married by arrangement to a much older man when she was very young and she wanted to change the ways of marriage to a more right for the times and for the benifit of the young and the hope of more successful marriages and more blessings for the families.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/29/2015 7:46:17 AM

Foolishness. My opinion. If man feel to make her your wife den do it. Man and Wombman business and thats it.

And man don't look to Garvey for his relationship details with his wife..... Fire on the study of them thing. +Damian mother much younger than Nesta. Black Love

Careful from anytime MAN a tell you to stay from wombman. More life ZionMounTain

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/30/2015 3:00:45 AM

Seen

I have read your post GA,but honestly I didnt get you very well.
She is not Rasta though but she is attracted to I and she doesnt have a problem with anything,jus man and wombman business.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/30/2015 6:44:13 PM

Say she d I wan marry, marry she I! Knowing is through Isperience, only what will be knows what will b!

More Ankh to d I!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/31/2015 11:57:32 AM

JAH Love Iyah Mountain + All Kings and Queens
Give thankhs for the Inity of Man and Wombman.
Personally I think the Empress need to find strength and love within herself before she can be a rightfull mate to the I, because it sounds like she is still struggling with some part of the self feeling unfulfilled. If she does not find the fulfillment within Iself then she will quickly become unhappy with whichever pacifier she is using, whether it is alcohol or cough syrup (which is also alcohol in many cases or it contains opiates) or husband or even a baby to comfort the empty feeling inside of herself.
This coming from a wombman who has tried allllll those pacifiers and more only to finally search and find Iylah within Iself. It is only coming to know the Eternal soul of the Iself, the Most High Inity, that brings a person into their potential and joy in lIfe, when they can be ready to receive the bless-sings of life and not squander them.
Zion Mt, I agree with many Idrens who said that if the I wanna marry her and she wanna marry the I, then the I is the one who knows the situation and the individuals best, the I is the one who can make the most informed choice here.
But from what the I said in the first post, it seems that the wombman needs a friend more than she need a husband right now. Maybe in the future when she is at peace and not trying to run from her pain, then the I's will be better suited to be equal partners in a marriage.
Haha I don't see why age is an issue tho.. Black Heart mentioned maybe soon she will begin to look much older, especially if she has been abusing alcohol and drugs, yes that it true. But even if the I go find a pristine young wombman to wife, in 30 or 40 years she might look quite old also. Haha we all have to be ready to wipe the drool from our partner's mouth when they are too old and can't do it themselves; that is what all the most successful marriages come to eventually, one person helping the other person pass the flesh, and then the children have to be there for the second person in their old age. If the I is not prepared to clean her excrement when she eventually become bed ridden, the I should not yet marry any wombman, not this one nor another one. All humans get old someday. Yeah Iyah, I don't see why a small six years would make a difference if the I love the Impress and wanna partner with her for life in that committed way.
Bless up the Inity. JAH Iylah to the I Zion Mtn and also to the Istren in her journey, whether the I marry her or not, I hope the sistren find strength and happiness and Iman will have more positive news about the Impress the next time. Give thankhs Itinually.

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 3/31/2015 1:54:10 PM

In the name of ا;ل;ل;ه;, the All-Glorious, and whom He manifested to us as His promised one, Bahá'u'lláh (ﷺ;), and the Seventh Angel, H.I.M Haile Selassie I (ﷺ;) and the Nyabinghi Order,

First off, don't look at it as an "Afrikan" thing. It is not whether its against a continent or the Afrikan culture, but if it's against God and H.I.M. Now, read the Bible, does it forbid marrying a woman older than I? No, it doesn't. Now look at Garvey's/H.I.M's writings, do They forbid it? No. It is perfectly fine for the I to marry a woman older than I. It is I's business and no other I's.

ب;ه; ن;ا;م; خ;د;ا;،; ه;م;ه; ش;ک;و;ه; م;ا; ا;ی;ن; م;ی; گ;و;ی;ن;د;. آ;م;ی;ن;.
Blessings,

Lemuel

Messenger: jahmansound Sent: 3/31/2015 3:54:29 PM

she left her husband because she couldnt have a child.AND DA I DONTWANT CHILDERN?

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 3/31/2015 4:07:23 PM

It is against the bible to leave your spouse. However, we are all sinners. So, it is nobody but the I's decision. If the I doesn't want children, don't have.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I