Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6029&start_row=1

Questions

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 3/28/2015 11:35:54 AM

Greetings in the name of God, His promised one, Bahá'u'lláh (ﷺ;) and the Seventh Angel, H.I.M Haile Selassie I (ﷺ;),

I have been rather disturbed lately seeing the posts on the topic "Black supremacy". It's my understanding that God made us all equal, no one is better than another, to quote H.I.M Haile Selassie I (ﷺ;):

“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned - well, everywhere there's war. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race - it's a war. And until there's no longer first-class or second-class citizens of any nation... Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes - it's a war. Until that day the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, and a rule of international morality will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained.”

This is a real quote from H.I.M, and to some Rastas, there are no lines that precede this a the real U.N speech. So why are so many of you chanting black supremacy? Rastafari is not black, it is a way of life to live clean, pure. To say one is better than another is blasphemy. Firstly, H.I.M was not Rastafari, nor was Garvey. So to claim they are prophets when they didn't claim to be such is ridiculous. Why would H.I.M or Garvey deny it? Why didnt they preach Africa and black supremacy? They preached love and equaliy for all.

Also, can you explain this quote:

"I am not God, I am a man. I worship Christ"

There's a video of him saying this, what's the explaination? Marcus Garvey was a seer, and H.I.M Haile Selassie I was the Seventh Angel and established of the Bahá'í Faith that Revalations, the Qur'an and Abdu'l Bahá talked out. Please answer and no personal attacks.

Blessings,

Lemuel

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/28/2015 12:14:29 PM

Greetings Lemuel, thankhs for asking the questions with humility and a heart of truth seeking.
First please realEyes that the War quote is from Bob Marley and that the Iriginal speech from His Majesty did not include the words "there is war," but said "We Africans will fight," which is where Bob extrapolated the "everywhere is war" lyrics from...
http://jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=un

Second, no one has to claim to be a prophet of a certain religion in order to actually BE a prophet. Prophecy is any Ultimate Truth that a human realEyeses, and especially, shares with humanity.

Third, please share the video that was cited.

Blessed Love and Peace

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 3/28/2015 12:21:41 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHZVJOT53k8 is the video

Yes, but same point that HIM wanted equality and no superiority.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/28/2015 1:09:49 PM

Equality once the scales have been balanced. 'UNTIL' this happens, downpressed Africans must be pressedUP!

Supremacy seems to have a negative connotation today..

Here are some other words for the term 'supremacy': Primacy, Distinguished, First, Ascendancy, Crowning, Greatest, Major, Utmost.. ect..

The King of Kings and Lord of Lords is most high. Supreme. Being atop operating with Love, not downpression.

Ras Tafari is HUMAN unity through ORIGINAL African roots. Water the roots to reach the branches...

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 3/28/2015 1:22:50 PM

Then why is it called Black supremacy and not Black equality? I am in great support of the second. And yes, others have said that black supremacy is not about black over white.

I just think the name "supremacy" is very misleading, because no race is supreme to another. Others have explained their definition of black supremacy; and I am in support of their definition.

Just the name "supremacy" is misleading because it suggests that one race is supreme to another.

----------------------------
"Here are some other words for the term 'supremacy': Primacy, Distinguished, First, Ascendancy, Crowning, Greatest, Major, Utmost.. ect.."

If "Greatest" and "First" are synonyms, then are you telling me that ANY person with black skin is greater than me, and first to me, and that I am second to them? Did not haile selassie say that there shouldn't be "first" and "second" class citizens?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/28/2015 1:23:10 PM

The KING "NEVER" in that video according to translation mention those words "I am NOT", "christ" or "god" or "worship"!!!

HIM did say according to translation "never make a MISTAKE in assuming or pretending that THE human being is "emanated" (originated, derived, produced) from a diety!

HIM never denied, acknowledged or related anything toward "reincarnation" or "christ" in that video according to translation!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/28/2015 1:35:38 PM

Humble one: No, I do not think that the I is second class.

'Greatest' as in Black people are the First Humans, the Origin.

They have been pressed to the back and now need to be pressed forward into the lead of this combined HUMAN journey. Africans have the most experience and knowledge. This is why H.I.M come Black, to re-establish such knowledge and prestige.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/28/2015 1:46:53 PM

Humble one: Check out IandI post "Our True Colours"

I describe IandI stand on racial division

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 3/29/2015 10:20:08 AM

Are you saying blacks are smarter than us?

"They have more knowledge"

The human race did start in Ethiopia/Africa. Therefor it's not a black thing, or even an African thing. It's a Human thing, besides, there's a lot of white Africans

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/29/2015 12:18:18 PM

I am not saying that any race is BETTER than any other.
I see the original Black Africans as being akin to the older brother.. The root.. Not somehow BETTER but has more life experience and is able to guide the branches with this ancient knowledge and experience. The knowledge and prestige of Black people has been actively fought against for so long, the branches have tried and are still trying to eradicate the root, downpression of Black people. This suppression must be reversed by UP-LIFTING and re-establishing the ORIGINAL Identity. This has begun through Haile Selassie and the works of His children[Ras Tafari]

If ALL of humanity is to grow forth; the roots[Africans], who have been dismissed and hated, must re-take the lead in acquiring nutrients[knowledge and prestige] for the benefit of the entire Human Tree.

Please get rid of the negative downpressive connotation associated with 'supremacy'. This negativity only exists because European Colonialists STOLE Africa's knowledge/prestige and flipped it into hatred and a Tyrannical rule. This is not how THE Supreme Black African Haile Selassie re-establish 'Black supremacy'..

The Tribe Of Judah is Black African people. Hence Haile Selassie is the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of JUDAH. Here is what the Bible says about the Tribe of JUDAH. Genesis 49: 8 Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. 9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? 10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Bless
One Love

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I