Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6023&start_row=41

Black supremacy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/12/2015 9:01:06 PM

---------------
The problem with that line from that's speech is white people constantly use it ...... Constantly...... Whenever they see a black man trying to uplift himself in terms of his blackness. It's crazy

Africa for Africans at home and abroad? - 'no sir, don't you remember until the color of a mans eyes..... Africa is for everyone'
---------------

Blessed, I sight your point.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 4/27/2015 6:00:27 PM

the problem of racism appears really complex to me.

i'm a white man from germany and i remember when i was a little boy (during the early nineties), there were always cartoons on television which seem to really have only one way of portraying black people (a half naked animalistic man who only wears a nose ring and a leaf around his waist with some sort of spear in his hand and abnormal huge eyes and lips...who also seemed to be not the most intelligent guy around) and then there were disgusting things like chocolate cookies called "negro man" or "negro kiss". i think there were even expositions (sometimes just called "zoo") around during the first decades of the last century where some people of different african tribes they brought to germany for this "tour" used to present some of their tools and cultural aspects. it comes a long way. not to forget the german politician who started his speech with the words "ladies and gentlemen...dear negros" while in africa.

i really think it was just normal to portray and treat black people like this that even people who generally can't be discribed as racists used to adopt that behaviour to a certain extent without thinking too much about it. people are speaking of differennt races and of people of different confessions with stereotypcal terms without noticing it. it's not long ago when a neighbour of mine really worried that there was a black family moving in next door. my neighbour was really concerned about an outbreak of ebola (just because of their skin colour) without trying to be insulting. i remember when i was a little lad i used to jump around a groccery store once claiming that i've finally seen one of those "negros" everybody is speaking about. i was about three years old and didn't know what racism or labeling even means back then.

today i think that our problem regarding racism is a whole different animal. we are so heavily sensitized when it comes to hate regarding strangers that we are making the mistake of trying to be "colour blind". just watch it. many germans are so prepared to face the problem of being compared to adolf hitler just because of their home country that they are ready to immediately get serious and tell you about all kind of reasons why they're not racist and all the things that has changed in germany since that era.

even though i think that they are right about certain things like the fact that when a dark skinned man comes out of a car, most people refer to him as "the black guy" over there instead of just saying the men behind the car or something like that. but i think i should be able to call an african an african and an italian an italian without getting sued. there might slumber a little racist in many people but we have to get rid of this illness without ignoring the fact that we're all from different races and cultures.

when i was a little bit younger i wonder how anybody could call the black race inferior when there are so many incredible things african cultures has developed. maybe it's just a really simple or even naive thought but i still think that's a great question to confront a racist with. to cut it short, a very simple thing that makes me realize how progressive and pure the rasta movement alone really is, is the way our (white) society within the system is devouring itself with all the unholyness, lack of decency and corruption. people doesn't trust the typical white guy in a tie anymore and i think that tolerance towards alternative views on society is growing and growing.

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 4/27/2015 11:54:55 PM

Yow big up yuself reasoningtime mi bredren. Well said.

Jah Praises

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 4/28/2015 2:39:55 AM

True. I HAVE to accept that black supremacy is a part of Rastafari, because this is a FACT. I may have OPINIONS about it, but nevertheless I cannot change facts.

However, I do think that people on this forum need to recognize that not every white man is "the white man". I have constantly heard on this forum "the white man", to refer to Babylon.

And, I AM NOT EVEN SAYING THAT I AM THE BEST EXAMPLE OF A WHITE MAN WHO ISN'T LIKE "THE WHITE MAN". But I feel it is very unfair to the minority (and I admit, minority) of white people who genuinely wish to do good, some even wish to help with black reparation to Africa! Not all, not some, but a few, but nevertheless they exist!

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/28/2015 10:47:21 AM

We need PEACE in South Africa

And JUSTICE In Baltimore

Black power every hour

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I