Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6020&start_row=11

Meaning of dreadLocks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/20/2015 11:27:08 AM

Beloved Ones,
Give thanks for the reasonings.
HempIyah, that is a beautiful metaphor about the strands representing people, stronger together.
I used to wonder why that word, dread, because I saw it as a negative idea. Learning more I realEyes that HIM name from birth is Tafari, Dread One. The Sphinx in Hapi Valley has a more ancient name in Arabic, the father of Dread, and it is a lion with a man's head, built to face its own self, Leo, in the rising stars. The Father of Dread is Ras Tafari, Moah Anbesa, born in the rising Leo. I read that scripture in Revelation 19 about "eyes of blazing fire... out of his mouth a sharp sword to smite the nations..." The whole description sounds dreader than dread. So I am blessed to have Tafarilocks upon I Rosh/Ras/Head. And I realEyes also that dreadlocks (not salon locks) strike fear in the hearts of the unrighteous, who cannot comprehend the natty Livity, so it is correct to call them dreadlocks.
Give thanks Sistren, the note about hair being an extension of the nervous system, Yes I. Hair increases the stimulus on the nerve endings on the skin surface. Hair is also the way that humans hear, digest, and breathe. Bless up Ma'at.
Tafari Haile Selassie.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/20/2015 3:10:05 PM

Still we nuh go trim
We nuh shave

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/20/2015 9:53:10 PM

Most High
Praise

I appreciate all of the posts by the I's. Beautifully informative.

JAH child: I thank the I for elaborating on 'dread'. I had not been avoiding being dread, but correctly acknowledging the title is important. Dreadlocks. Yes I

I start this reasoning with a metaphor of unity. Refusing to apply babylonian methods of separation and allowing Jah to guide naturally. I feel I have been called to this movement and that I am doing I best to answer. Trod. The wise I's willing to reason their perspectives here has helped I and is greatly appreciated.

Bless
One Love

Messenger: Ayah Ntobeko Sent: 3/23/2015 12:01:24 AM

Greatings idren&Sistren on dis site,I MAN from da mother land africa,Swaziland.as a rasta youth i am 23 years old college student.to iman dreadlock are part of i nervous system which bring i&i closer to mama nature &father time.in swazi culture dem ancients warriors used to grow locks to look good,one ancient said to de i"when boys were coming out of pubety they used to grow locks to get attraction from wombman,or when boys were unlucky when proposing love to wombman the ancient used to tell de boys to grow lock nd go wash dem in de waterfall for dem to cleanse the bad luck of not being loved by wombman,when they done dat they used to get lucky afterward as even today wombman fom swazilnd love dreadlocks"dis are some of de mystic of dreadlocks used by de swazi tribe.sometime even de king Mswati de third grow dreadlocks for cultural events.dis are some of de information i would like to share with de i on how some tribes in africa see locks.bt iman did not grow mi dreadlocks to attract wombma it is i inciency.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/23/2015 9:39:46 AM

Greetings I Ayah Ntobeko, give thanks for coming forword in the reasoning forum in JAH heart of positivity and truth.
There are some other Idrens on the forum who are in Swaziland also. Iwombman am in the states, in california. There are also a lot of people here around the same age group, and some Elders and some youths. I hope the I feels welcome and in Inity here on the forums, where there are many wise and helpful Ones.

I give thankhs for the sharing about the meaning of dreadlocks in the I's culture. I do not think it is a bad thing to try to attract a wombman, haha if the man really loves and wants the wombman as a wife, then he should try hard to win her affections, and she should also try hard for him. Haha maybe a man who grows dreadlocks to get alllllll the ladies is a different thing, But that is actually a beautiful idea to I, that a man would need to grow dreads before marrying, because this transformative growth process teaches a person a lot, and prepares the person for other obstacles in life, and also means that the man is coming into the Fullness of Livity, cleansed from alcohol, blood, razor, and comb, cleansed by a natural waterfall, coming into the Natty Ites that usually come with RasTafarI growing dreadlocks. If it is just salon locks alone to get girls, haha which happens here in the states a lot, fyah burn that! But a rIghteous man who grows his locks as a covenant w JAH and seeks a rIghteous Queen, alongside whom to serve the Almighty, that JAH bless. Haha the Empress should also grow her natty locks and be cleansed in the waterfall.

JAH Love + Bless-sings

Messenger: Empress Blogger Sent: 3/24/2015 4:13:03 PM

Just want to give thank for the Reasoning forum.
Rastafari is my heart.
Happy to know the church is in Toronto. I have not been there yet.
Give Thanks. King Selassie I.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/26/2015 8:53:34 PM

Ises Ntobeko. Is it de I dat dwel ina Siteki? I giv thanks to meet de I via dis networks & hope to sight de I next moon (binghi iwa). I think I & I know one anada. One Black Love still.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 3/8/2016 6:01:39 PM

Blessed love Black Heart, did the I link wid Ntobeko?

Big up all RASTA dreadlocks, they have great importance and significance.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/10/2016 8:40:26 PM

Bless my Lord. I could not link with de brother due to de fact dat many of de local bredrens had started to have some negativity against I. As de I have noticed dat de brother did not even respond to I. Some evil brothers who are infuential amongst de local RASTA were angry with I bcos I man re-enforced Black Ipremacy & introduced de chanting of Nyabinghi Ises with I & I mama linguage. De evil ones were able to spread their evil influence thus I had to face so much hatred from many local brothers

Messenger: Empress Blogger Sent: 5/26/2016 12:59:24 PM

Give thanks for opening such discussion.
The reason Dread Locks are called dreadlocks is because Rasta fear Jah. dread also means "to fear." I love my locks. Even if others find them unsightly. I give thanks for the spiritual wisdom Jah has given me and that he has let me know that locks represent my lifelong commitment to him. Some people tattoo their bodies in honor of their children, some people wear wedding bands around their fingers in honour of their spouse and their marriage. I wear locks in honor of Jah. Its really a love relationship.
Blessed.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I