Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=602&start_row=1

The Flu

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 2/11/2005 8:09:13 PM

Just recently InI had the flu. I mean I had it real bad. Stomach hurt couldnt eat anything and keep it in my stomach. I had little pains all over I's body and I was really weak. But the worst thing of all was the headache. It was one of the worst pain I have had to go through. I know that taking medication such as tylenol is not approved but there was nothing else that I could do. If there was an herbal shop in my town then I would have walk there but there wasnt. And if I could have smoke some ganjah then I most cerntainly would have. But I had none. The reason InI is telling this story is I wanted to know what any of the I's would have done being in the position that I was in. Thanks

Give thanks and Praise to the Lord

Rasta Rob

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/12/2005 1:04:54 AM

I don't like to take pain killers or anti-inflammitory pills because I feel that they interfere with our natural healing process, but they don't provide any healing. I have used them a few rare times in the past, but I haven't taken any for many years now.

But I don't think it is a big deal if somebody chooses to use those things once in a while. I don't choose it for Iself, but those pills aren't nearly as bad as a lot of the other pills that are given to people.

Here is a reasoning about anti-inflammatory drugs and the reason I feel they cause more harm than good:

anti-inflammatory drugs

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/12/2005 8:48:05 AM

I hardly use any prescription or non prescription drugs. Only if the pain or sickness is severe enough and very bothersome and painful will I use something. I don't like putting these kind of things in my body, I feel over time it will just weaken my body.

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 2/12/2005 9:25:03 AM

Just something to think about:
Jesus appeared to Peter in a vision with many "unclean" animals and he said to him, "Kill and eat." Peter said, "Never, I have never touched unclean food all my days." And Jesus said to him, "What I have made clean, don't call unclean."

Follow your heart.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/12/2005 9:29:09 AM

how sound a reasoning gideon

rsk

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/12/2005 12:08:58 PM

Warm salt water. Hot tea. No cold liquids, everything room temperature or warmer. Carbs; rice, oatmeal, etc. And Idren, please be very careful this illness is going around and it is very serious, if you live in a crowded area; schools, big cities, etc; please take every precaution because this thing is killing people. Be careful what you eat and drink. If you feel sick, stay home and lay down.

Love Peace and FREEDOM,
-Empress Nzingha

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 1:06:45 PM

Respect, Rasta Bob. bless

I think the advice given by Empress Nzingha is the best. To recover from serious sickness like the flu, your body has to fight hard to recover. Drugs and things need to be processed by your body, and reak havoc on your kidneys and liver and your body has to fight off that poison as well. Your best bet, as she said, is to drink things like tea (fresh green teas are best, and things like Lipton iced tea....well that's almost not even tea)
Other things you can do to help your body recover fast is taking vitamins, minerals, and anitoxidants (the reason for the green tea). If the I is not vegitarian, a temporary switch to just vegitables would benifit you. Natural remedies work great for I. Things like echinacea, shitake and maiake mushrooms boost your recovery dramatically. The FDA will tell you they don't work... but come on, if everyone was healthy all the time -from natural cures- FDA, doctors, and drug companies would go broke...
The only thing regarding Empress Nzingha's advice I would be careful with is heat. Be careful, if you have a fever, not to over do it. A fever is another way your body fights off infections, by trying to kill the problem with heat... Unfortunately, you can't really survive too long at heats that kill viruses and bacteria. Just be careful.
As far as anti-inflamitories; I take advil now and then for training injuries. The only good thing it seems to do (numbing the pain, to me, isn't a good thing) is by reducing inflamation, blood and energy can more properly flow to where it's needed to help you heal. There are natural things that do this, but some homeopathic remedies are being outlawed as drug companies lost more money to people wising up to them.
Plenty of water is also VITAL, and ganja can only help, both feeling better (instantly) and actual recovery.

I hope my advice is helpful to you Ras. --Jah Bless --Selassie I

Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 2/13/2005 11:00:35 PM

thanks for all of the advise may jah bless all

Rob

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/14/2005 11:32:25 AM

Respect....

---True I, TEF. Funny thought, huh. They rush you in, just to inject you with the flu.. which is supposed to make you not get the flu... I'm no genius, but.. umm....... well, maybe it's just -me.

---Also, I barely ever get the flu, and when I do, it's much like a really bad cold. The herbs, vegitables, and things provide the best medicine, prescribed by Jah --you know, the guy who made us. Jah knows best, right? His medicine is strongest, right? Jah never injects you with sickness to keep you from getting the sickness. Now, I even wonder what they really give people.

One Love

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I