Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6019&start_row=1

Exercising

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 3/14/2015 3:23:18 PM

How often do the I's on here jog or walk? I know for me it is very rare, however, when I do I feel much better afterwards.
I read today on the internet that exercising can bring one into a higher level spiritually.
I am somewhat new to Rastafari ever since I stopped the trod way back in 2013 sometime. So, I am trying to find something that can help Iman get to a better mind state is all.
Jah bless and guide

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/14/2015 5:26:36 PM

Exercise is great for increasing livity. I regularly take I dog on a walk, ride I bicycle, go for a run, throw a football, ect.. I try to stay pretty active, better to walk for nothing than sit for nothing.

After a good exercise, one will feel tired and accomplished. With a good meal and some GanJAH; one gets a full night of rest.
If there is a problem of depression, a doctor might recommend a patient to start by creating a work-out routine. Accomplishing goals and seeing results can do wonders for the psyche and soul.

If the I has been on the trod in 2013 and recently stumbled, there is only one thing to do. Rise up and take the next step!
Drinking clean water, eating Ital meals, and exercise are simple and effective ways to improve the mind-state.

I wish the I success
Bless
One Love

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 3/14/2015 6:02:33 PM

Thanks for the response Iyah. I do have a few things as far as Ital livity to focus on. I drink soft drinks , and also smoke cigarettes a lot. Alcoholic beverages are a no though. Smoking ganja helps I a lot to clear I mind as well.
Bless up

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 3/14/2015 6:07:25 PM

Yes, I was on the trod from 08-13 & left for personal reasons but Jah has called I & I back into this trod. I & I give thanks. I don't personally believe too much in the bible but I'm sure there is some wisdom to gain from all books dealing with subjects of divine nature.
Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/14/2015 6:18:49 PM

I see livity[livelihood] as a process of growth. Soulfully, spiritually, and physically[represented through locks] Lively Up Iself!

If the I recognizes that a problem has become a habit, the next time one is about to 'relapse', the subconscious expresses the guilt through maybe a voice, a lump in the throat, turn of the stomach, an exaggerated negative 'high' of the substance.. ect

If the I can feel these things but the habit is hard to quit, remember that increasing livity is a process of growth and that mental strength comes with practice. All negativity can and will be conquered. The seven seals have been released.

The Conquering Lion of The Tribe of Judah has prevailed and paved the way to ZION.

Bless Up
One Love

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 3/14/2015 6:45:33 PM

Jah knows, Rastafari bless all. I will keep what the I said to mind. Bless up

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 3/15/2015 2:28:17 AM

Dear burningbush,

Best way to do exercise is to make it part of your daily routine. For example, if you drive a car, park it 30 minutes away from where you start work. Or, if you get the train the walk from the station to the place. Same with bus.

I have been going on a morning walk, on Mondays-Sundays for 3-4 years now without fail. About 45 minute walk. Not intense. I just made a promise to jah that I would never stop this, and I have never stopped since.

Everything is your choice, but if I were you, I wouldn't start doing insane amounts. Nor is it healthy. Do 30 mins-1 hour a day. Having an active profession is much better, like gardening.

------------------------------------------

Exericse is just one part of our life in zion that is absent in babylon.

By the sounds of it, when you said that you smoked cigarettes and drank soft drinks. Sounds like your body needs a very good cleanse. I would recommend fruits and vegetables for this job.

It is very important that you know that the state of mind that you have expressed on these things (soft drinks ect) about liking them too much and finding it a chore to get off them is because they DESIGN them as drugs for the body; as poisons that get you hooked. It is important that you know that once you are off those things altogether, for an extended period of time, then you no longer crave those things, and actually find them quite disgusting.

I can say this from personal experience, because now I actually find those things disgusting and THOUROUGHLY enjoy ital food. You need to know that your taste buds have been indoctrinated, and that once you begin to de-indoctrinate them things will get easier, until you actively enjoy the right things.

Whenever I think of anything, I think how would this differ from the life in zion? And in the case of exercise, it is the case that it would be part of the daily routine, that you do imperitavely, to perform each action.

---------------

I would start slowly with cleanses; fruit and vegetable juices are excellent.

I hope this helps,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/15/2015 8:01:03 AM

An important side note

RasTafari is not something to be picked up and put down and picked back up again at mans best convenience.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/15/2015 9:34:32 AM

Very true GARVEYS AFRICA; no excuse for breaking the covenant.. Some people do stumble, the road of life can be rocky.

Bless

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/17/2015 1:21:53 AM

Through physical exercise the mind is disciplined , through the discipline of the mind the soul is refined.

Must connect and unite in oneness, the soul can't express itsself through a body that's not in tune, the soul wants to play its song see, through the body , we must connect heaven and earth, we must .

See how energy/power/consciousness flows from JAH through the soul through the mind(head/crown/Ras)into the body , all blockages of this flow must be removed by fire all obstruction must be cleared by the truth life and way of the Most High order JAH Rastafari

Ital is vital and for I the more outdoor in nature exercise is the better, to be active in the elements , water land air and light of fire Sun. Clean Wind breeze ...

If the exercise is not being enjoyed then one does not get the benifit of exercising because if becomes a negative thing if not enjoyed, so find what you enjoy and is right amounts of ital food and exercise because there is junk exercise and food, then there is ital exercise and food.

The body is the temple and who respects it will strive to take care of it in all ways JAH show Man to know and act upon with all might and be set free . Set Irie.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I