Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6012&start_row=1

Dreams

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble one Sent: 3/3/2015 3:04:48 AM

Dear All,

I just thought I would share something interesting that happened last night... I felt that jah was answering my questions.

I have always been in a very hard position with school in the sense that they were *very* pushy, and if I conform, or listen to what they wanted me to do then I would have to make myself ill, because they ask us to do more homework than there is time for in the day; if not then after school detentions no questions asked. This continued for many years, on a low level until I became very ill with tiredness. I am not there now.

But I went to bed with some questions, how would I prevent this from happening again? Everybody always said that it wasn't them who physically pushed me to that extent? But was the problem me? No, it couldn't be because there were physical and very real threats in place.

------------------------------------------------------

Before bed, I took a tea made from Holy Basil and Gotu Kola. I am almost sure that these induced the dreams so that jah could answer my questions.

In the dream, we were away for 2 days on a residential trip where we had to stay with another family. The family ate nothing but junk food and takeaways, and the bit I remember most vividly in the dream was the first meal. I HAD to eat, I was very hungry, but all they had was the junk food, I remember feeling trapped, and I thought it would be making too much of a fuss to ask them to go and buy something else Ital. But yet I knew that if I ate like that for 2 days I would be very ill as it is in such contrast to what I eat now...

The essence of the dream was that I was put in a very difficult situation, where I had a physical need to eat, but in order to fulfil that need I had no choice but to conform. Same with Babylon.

I feel that jah was telling me that I needed to stand up for my rights, and be forceful with it. (not saying it is a right to have extravagant Ital meals just I think it is a right not to have to eat poison). Even something very simple would suffice ital...

---------------------------------------------------------

Just very interesting, thought I would share it because I feel that the action of taking the holy basil and gotu kola tea seemed to induce dreams for jah to answer my questions.

The answer was that I needed to be more forceful in standing up for myself, ie it should be a right not to have to eat poison. But the dreams put me in a VERY uncomfortable situation, because as I remember the parents were intimidating and induced fear

------------------------------------------

Has anyone else ever had their questions answered in a dream by jah?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 3/3/2015 4:43:44 AM

i once dreamt i was eating meat, then i became conscious and felt regret and guilt asking ehy i had done it. i quickly spat it out and tried to vomit. i dont know what that means.
otherwise, ive found that smoking herb inhibits my dreams. i can harly remember dreaming after smoking.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 3/3/2015 8:40:46 AM

I man sometimes do dream. Sometimes de things I dream do heppen, but sometimes they do come opposite. Sometimes dreams are revelations. in African spirituality it is said I & I ancestors & creator do communicate with I & I through revelations in dreams, situations or other living & non livin bodies. When some people talk about revelations dem talk about wha dem read from bible but when I man talk about revelations I talk about what is revealed to I.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 3/3/2015 12:05:00 PM

"When some people talk about revelations dem talk about wha dem read from bible but when I man talk about revelations I talk about what is revealed to I."

Very true words. I completely agree with this, from personal experience too.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 3/3/2015 1:12:28 PM

Dear All,

http://entheology.com/plants/silene-capensis-african-dream-root/

Never used it myself, just wondering if anyone has ever had the experience of using this? It is the African dream root.

It is said that if one keeps a question in mind before gong to bed, one of the ancestors will appear in a dream and provide an answer.

The Xhosa people of South Africa use it to induce prophetic dreams and to receive advice and assistance from ancestors.

All the best,

Joe

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I