Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=601&start_row=51

The Vow of the Nazarite

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/23/2005 11:25:53 AM

No I didnt read it wrong. Just because it is in the Bible it doesnt mean "Truth", you find the Truth in how you interpret it. Crips & Bloods are far from what happened to RastafarI's for smoking and how they look, Crip & Bloods ARE criminals, big difference. And the Crips & Bloods are not anything like the Black Panthers neither... maybe in someways but not anyway it may matter. Crips & Bloods werent neighborhood watch neither, they've always acted as a ciminal gang. Just because people around you are Blood & Crip doesnt mean you got to, but yet you are (so you say) so you have fell into the trap.

Nomad
1. A member of a group of people who have no fixed home and move according to the seasons from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land.
2. A person with no fixed residence who roams about; a wanderer.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/23/2005 12:13:27 PM

Thats a good definition of Nomad.. because thats exactly how Im doing it.. the seasons change in California. So in that before it happened I was sent up North. Hel-LA got the lightning, earthquake, hailing even their mountains are falling right now... even Las Vegas.. so due to Jah blessings I have migrated from the South to the North. As a youth I went all over so. Cal. nomadically seeing that my mother was a crack head and my father was in and out of the pen till I was twelve. So nomadically and seasonaly is how I moved.. because for every season there was a change in my life and still is. Now I said I am a CRIP and this is a Criminal Revolution in Progress.. nomadically moving to the Rythm of this life that I have been blessed to be given. The Crips and the Bloods .. you know nothing about. even if you had one in your neighborhood you wouldnt know what the origion is, unless you wanted to really find the truth and not propganda. What did you read some Monster Cody books or some books about how the stupid youth in LA fall to shooting and drug smuggling, you can only assume if you have not met someone who was there in the beging. Before it escalated into crack wars. Even as my father spoke about, Angela Davis sitting on front proches reading poetry, educating the youth, rewarding them with a free lunch, later to be put into criminal instiutions for Revolution. If you tried to tell me about the Miami boys and I assumed something without living in that enviroment the only way to know the truth is to get beyond assumption and propoganda and get to know the people. Many people have died in this Crip and Blood war and just as anything else Rasta is the solution.. is that not truth? Maybe it is a liitle bit arrogant and I want my people to be arrogant (Definition: Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance, I had to look it up to see what it is that you calling me.) in thier confidence when they speak about Rastafari. (and take this statement in full) Too long these things that I hint on in poetry and post on in reasoning that arent the norm. the things that Im saying that arent the norm. need to be said. I can take all hostilities and bend them back toward positivity. Like I said small minds do small things.. it would be small minded of me to take this reasoning to were it wouldnt manifest truth thats why I openly give you opportunity to ridicule the things that your not knowledgable about or may have knowledge about. In your rationality I might find truth. In my whole reasoning with bringing cetain topics up is to unify the plight of the human race and to have all those that have studied so long on the seperation to focus on unity. Not in every aspect in every individual personality but in manifestation of the truth so truth and spirit might manifest positive spiritual works.

One Love

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/23/2005 12:24:44 PM

Ightes!

In this Iditation now I see that we took it too far, sorry! I got provoked by certain statements and felt necessary to defend what I sight is RastafarI.

Still this is how the RastafarI Nation lives and moves, so there shouldn't be any disrespect, especially on a Ras site, against I n I Livity and Overstanding on the bible and HIM. But as you say you never intended disrespect it is ok now.
I have no right to judge a man I have never seen just because of words... but still your words, and this kind of words, are strange and suspect to I.

Still I keep my stand of of sighting RASTAFARI. But I see that there is no sense in fighting over the inet guys I have never seen.

Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/23/2005 12:30:28 PM

onelove

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/23/2005 2:04:02 PM

Respect Idren,

I don't see any problem with trying to live InI life as it was lived form the beginning. I do think it is virtually impossible to stay away from any and all modern ways. Unless InI move to Africa and live in a cave or self made home without any of the modern things.

Haile Selassie used modern things, planes, electricity etc etc. It is within Iselves to have the knowledge and discipline to make sure these things have a certain meaning, and DO NOT define who InI are.
If InI practice ONE LOVE across the board in all our dealings and live a disciplined life than these modern things cannot cloud our minds or distract from the truth.

If InI shall grow locks and live ital in every way, then I say much respect. If InI do not have locks and do not live as strict of a lifestyle as the 100% ital way, then I say fine. What matters is if InI have JAH LOVE in our hearts and how InI act and behave towards our fellow men/women.

Are planes necessary? No, but they do help InI to travel this beautiful planet and spread JAH LOVE. Is a suit necessary? NO, but if InI like to bring Babylon down, InI might have to sight that something created by Babylon might be used for righteous purposes, which then to the I makes this thing, if it is a suit or whatever, valuable to our quest for the truth.

Much love and respect,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/23/2005 7:23:21 PM

Brethren Rock im only going to say this once and no more because I dont like to brag about foolishness I have been involved in because I have seen the light. I do know about Crips & Bloods, we have them in the city of Tampa I have met some who have moved to my city in particular. I was once a Sureno a gang also native to California, I had many experiences like this and if it wasnt for Jah I wouldnt have a brain by now. You may not believe this but it is Truth and I do know it is because it is my life. Rock I will not reason with you again simply because I dont like your arrogance, and you may think im not knowledgable about gangs andcontinue thinking that because I know what I have experienced and I know what type of people I have met. Your false.

Thank you Tef for bringing us back to the original topic.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: bw Sent: 2/23/2005 9:55:21 PM

can somebody please tell me about jesus and the nazarite. i dont know of any proof of jesus being a nazarite....

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2005 12:32:03 AM

I have heard of the Essenes, there are some scriptures written by them. I haven't read them, but I heard that their teachings are like the teachings of Christ.

bw,

The bible says that Christ was a nazarene and from a city called Nazareth. He is a Nazarite, that is why they called him a nazarene, some people say the it is not the same thing, but I and I know it is the same.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/24/2005 12:47:57 AM

What is interesting is that due to recent findings scholars are not really sure whether Nazareth the town (not the vow) was even in existence in the day of Yeshewa. He was deffinetly nazaritic in his life style, but as to being from a town called nazareth, we can't be sure. Minor details.

Bless

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/24/2005 1:46:43 AM

Ras Elijah do what you have to do, this gangbang shit did not start 16 years ago, we are talking about something that started more like 30, 35 years ago, so what you see today is what i fight against. This is not the first time you said that your not going to reason with me but I hope that it wont be the last and maybe someday we can come to some medium. Or you can just take my words for arrogance... your choice.

But as for the Nazarites, in my reading overstanding of it all is that Jesus or whatever you might call Christ was a Nazarite and im going by the bible and research done in other areas.. i.e.. encyclopedia or other books etc... most of all my common sense. He came in under parel. His story is to be taken more important than any single individual, although, each one has its importance building up to the great lesson. Jesus in the bible and in my studies, was a diligent craftman. He was respected by all holy men. And obviously, being from Nazarinth, one would come to the conclusion that he was a Nazarite. I believe that this man was something more than what can be expressed in a vow. Because in that Vow I believe that one would be taken to great spritual height. Espescially being that Christ (In my opinion) was something like no one had everseen. An absorber of mass concepts, and able to put those concepts to use. There is so much that I want to express.. but were just posting here not conversating in person. I know that the Nazarite Vow is a holy Vow. I think the origonal origin of Rasta culture are like it says in the Kebra Negast and the bible and all holy books say, Enoch for instance... he was like this person that could overstand all these things, his knowledge with overstanding built pyramids. This is Rasta culture .. to me... I mean I see like, his emperial majesty says .. If you claim athority over something then you must take responsibility for it. I mean Rasta culture is, is just so vast to me,, I see it touching so many walks of life, and if it was origionated in the Nazarite vow.... I wouldnt be suprised, becuase those vows come from Jah. It is a great way to find yourself.

One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I