Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=601&start_row=21

The Vow of the Nazarite

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/17/2005 10:59:58 AM

agree or not it is how i feel...every man should be holy, but know many should mash down a nother for trying to live, in this time.

onelove

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/17/2005 11:22:23 AM

Ightes!

Oh man, seeing how you get vex shows me that I can't be so wrong in what I say. And don't take this now on the personal and emoional road... I saw that you did that with some who posted here... but not with I, overstand?
I do not come to blame you personally or to look holier, but to speak generally... and if you see yourself fit in what I say, then it explains why you get vex, seen.

As far as what I have seen/read from you it shows me your arrogant behaviour towards other opinions, even if you always point out that you aren't doing that. No problem with standing firm for ones opinion... but to call I n I rases blasphemic and long hair hippies just because I n I sight HIM different than you do is too much.

I do not know what way you go... but you shouldn't be surprised when I n I RastafarI Israelites go biblical ways, and especially on a RastafarI Messageboard you should look down on I n I way arrogantly.
I allready know that you are not going RastafarI way and always see it as necessary to justify your way... and I ve allready spoken against your arrogant views on dreadlocks and itality in other threads you have just because you are not living this livity.

And now you come trying to tell I n I what one should do in following His Majesty... not thinking that I n I Rases follow His Majesty from eversince... and also knowing about this time revelation.

So go your way... call me fool or whatever in your arrogancy... but never think guys like you could bring I n I RastafarI away from I n I allready prophecied way.

This is Armagiddeon Iwah... and all who are not called to see this, I cannot take serious as Rastafarian. So wait for your jesus coming from sky... and all the signs guys like you would need to sight reality...

Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/17/2005 12:29:55 PM

If we were in person my aggression would not be taken as arrogance, or maybe that isnt even so. What I said was Ras is NOT a hippie like most of these up north Ras act! Walking around flippin thier hair.. you know, that Sh.t one does when his power is not fully overstood by self. Non-conversationalist blasphimist. Rastafari was a revolutionary in every cause. In His own words even as a child in his studies continuing on as the other youths went on with folly. As a govenor of the states from one side of Ethiopia to the other side of Ethiopia, he brought tax reform, land reform, education and health reform. From San Francisco Bay to Russia they know of his emperial majesty.. and not becuase him was this dreaded robed wearing person speaking biblcle terms, but because he took the biblicle terms and scientific terms and manifested them to be one in the same and not as man wants them to be. Him tells the people each one should go on thier spiritual journey and I feel the same. If your talking about spiritual works and fleshly works manifested on earth then you would see that hippie in no way defines of how I speak of Rastafari. I speak of Rastafari as the King of Kings that came to give light to the people. Your right I do not belive that a ras needs to grow dreads but in those same posts I say each one should go his/her own direction. You tell me Im getting F.cked by babylon and Im the one getting arrogant because Im firmly in anywords neccasary defending my stance. Then I still call you a fool. Look how you take my words and twist them. When did I ever say Jesus would ever come from the sky? Matter of fact in my A Rhyme post I spoke.. Looking to the sky never brought food out of the earth, which means we have to work, aint no Jesus coming in on no clouds to save me. Hear that clear even if im writing it so you dont post that sh.t agian. You call me arrogant I call myself proud to be Rasta in this time and even if we were in person Im sure my aggressive manner may bring some of the weak hearted intellectuals to try to out wit me but we are confident in good over evil. In the bible Isrealites have went were ever they wanted constantly being repremanded by God. David wrote psalms about them. Jah loved Zion even more then the habitents of Jacob. Zion even being the highest region. I would let any sheep go were they want Im not thier shepard I am a man InI even from a baby manifest this energy and you can not stop it.

One love

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/17/2005 1:03:50 PM

I n I believe if you follow RastafarI way you RastafarI. But to change the foundation to fit your needs is not RastafarI, but simply your own form of mind. We must not be like the Cristians who change the laws they have been given from thee Almighty, just so they can live life the way they want, much like how they seperated the chruchs by ex-communicating eachother simply because of changed beliefs. I think you can have an altered perspective of Ras TafarI and be RastafarI. But to just hold a belief similiar to RastafarI, but not the knowledge,wisdom & livity, I is fooling I self.

I now if I took a side, I would have to stand with NJA I. It appears from what I read Rock you take everything from RastafarI but the livity. You I assume believe in Ras TafarI as Almighty Jah and you read the Bible, Kebra Nagast and possible a few other "good books", but like NJA I said "allready spoken against your arrogant views on dreadlocks and itality in other threads you have just because you are not living this livity.". It seems your defending your stance but! your are not "Bettering" yourself by reasoning with I's, you are called arrogant and many other things but instead on bettering your ideas and living you defend your self and reply with more arrogance. But I n I respect you still Rock for you do obtain much knowledge.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/17/2005 2:01:55 PM

Seen your point of view is respected also.

But in what way am I not reasoning? Because I dont call one person Sire or another one my Lord. Or is it because I speak my views like anyone else does. Most people think that the key to high spritual livitiy is to do verbatem what another person does but I disagree. I believe that it is good to reason, I do believe that I am reasoning. It sounds like trickery when you say to me that I dont reason with people or that I havent grown, because I myself know that I have. I remeber me and you were posting something one time and you got offended becuase I post my opinion after you post yours the same as any other person geared to have his/her own opinions change as time, but for the most I feel what I have presented is not arrogance but it is the utmost of Fyah. The people that I hold as strong and fundamentally sound are the people that are able to not shift opinion but to realize that opinion is just that persons view on a certain subject.And learn from that. He might be right in his thinking but wrong because there is a way for all things. Jah Naphets view is that he holds some orthodox standing. To me he is saying to me.. men must turn from true knowledge, wisdom and overstanding. Want to talk about livitity. Im speaking for myself. I run everyday, I meditate everyday, not just on scripture but on everything that is ubundently available to take into my temple. I know Im aggressive, most people be like, why dont you just calm down and assimulate to the norm.... well my people, and I dont just mean black people, Ive grown up with all races, have assimulated to the norm for too long. This sh.t reminds me of how people take one side of Marcus Garveys beliefs but leave the other side. Say something like every nation to his own fig.. we must be strong Africans, but the systems and education that he had was American business oriented and this is a fact. Any business has a tax number, if Marcus Garvey can be put in jail for tax evasion or scams even if he himself didnt do it but his employees did, thats American business, case in point Martha Stewart. If I spoke that same old we shall overcome, go tell it on the mountains, white oppressor, you would be happy but I come from places were all men oppress the weak. So as I said I will let the sheep go werever they want too. I pray that things will be clear and the words that are manifested not to make anyone type of Rasta feel he is less but my words are to perfectly paint a picture of truth
even if the words are misspelled some of the time.

Blasphemy:
A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

I would be speaking pure blasphemy if I was saying that I was so holy and pure that I had the only answer on how to live rightously. No one can say that. If you can highlight it, post it, quote it and I will repent for it.

Rastafari live in the heartflesh of all..
One Love

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/17/2005 2:31:59 PM

Blasphemy, the strongest of the following terms, is used esp. of any remark deliberately mocking or sontemptuous of God; profanity extends the concept to irreverent remarks referring to any paerson or thing regarded as sacred; swearing and cursing, in this connection, both refer to the utterance of profane oaths and imprecations, the latter, esp., to the calling down of evil upon someone or something.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/17/2005 4:25:38 PM

respect,i know that is one definition of blasphemy is , that why i posted what i ment.

peace, love, respect, work.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/17/2005 9:31:33 PM

RasTafarI taught about a balance between the material and spiritual growth. Man has a mind to make things that make their life easier and allow them to accomplish more. Jah gave us this gift for our use, it is part of I and I. The problem comes when people use the inventions for wicked purposes, or they use it for a good purpose but ignore the bad things that come from it. Another problem is when people move away from Jah RasTafarI and put all their concentration in their inventions.

If I and I honour Jah and are honest with ourselves then we will "make good use of good things, while they are still around" (As Culture sing). It is the choices of men that cause destruction, and men have never needed much technology to destroy. Righteous people do righteous things and wicked people do wicked things, with or without technology.

Selassie I show I and I:

Question:There are people everywhere who hold that civilization has done more harm than good to humanity. These people argue that even though the so-called modern progress has brought some physical comfort, it has done incalculable harm to and greatly weakened the spiritual values regarded so highly in former times. What they call spiritual values are those things which are usually associated with religion. In other words the great progress made in the field of science has contributed to the weakening of the influence of religion and has deprived man of that inner calm that he so much needs for his spiritual well-being. What is Your Majesty's opinion on this matter?

Answer: One cannot deny that in former times man's life had been one of toil and hardship. It is correct to say, therefore, that modern civilization and the progress of science have greatly improved man's life and have brought comfort and ease in their trail. But civilization can serve man both for good as well as for evil purposes. Experience shows that it has invariably brought great dividends to those who use it for good purposes while it has always brought incalculable harm and damnation to those who use it for evil purposes. To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, therefore, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul. All human inventions, from the most primitive tool to the modern atom, can help man greatly in his peaceful endeavours. But if they are put to evil purposes they have the capacity to wipe out the human race from the surface of the earth. It is only when the human mind is guided by religion and morality that man can acquire the necessary vision to put all his ingenuous inventions and contrivances to really useful and beneficial purposes. The progress of science can be said to be harmful to religion only in so far as it is used for evil aims and not because it claims a priority over religion in its revelation to man. It is important that spiritual advancement must keep pace with material advancement. When this comes to be realized man's journey toward higher and more lasting values will show more marked progress while the evil in him recedes into the background. Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being. It is only when a people strike an even balance between scientific progress and spiritual and moral advancement that it can be said to possess a wholly perfect and complete personality and not a lopsided one. The type of progress we have chalked out for Ethiopia is based on these fundamental principles.

Interview with editor of The Voice of Ethiopia

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/20/2005 5:36:26 AM

Ightes!

Yes Iyah, as it seem we can't all get on one agreement... no problem in that.

I just wanted to quote here now a song which says very straight how Iman sight it: Iqulah and Jr Gong "Who am I"

Iqulah: "Jah would never give the power to a baldhead. Two thousand years of Inciency could not be wiped away so easily! If baldhead a Rasta, can't tell I Who am I."
Jr Gong: "You can't know the truth an still nah live the livity!" "You can't go ah Zion and run your vanity. Can't get a baldhead the Power of the Trinity. Real Rastaman not afraid to show them identity!"

Yes I
Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/20/2005 9:54:08 AM

I know its just a song, but its how you feel. But Rastafari, The afro bearded, suited, cultured, King of Kings from the Lion of Juda should be who the I is focusing on, how to be a Rasta from. I still believe that you should go your own way. For those who can hear this
A million men can speak of a King of Kings, but if they are not living out the truth of what His Emperial Majesty wanted, then to me thier just like the babylon man who knows the truth is abundently out there but deceids to go on his own deceided course fully having at his own resource all available information his emperial majesty has left to be a Ras. I wonder if that person that wrote that song would say all those things to him emperial majesty. Like gangster rap im sure it has its place for being. I pray the Rasta man will live like Jah even stopping all shoe shuffeling and get to moving on the path His Emperial Majesty laid for us.

Rasta man live up.
One love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I