Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6002&start_row=1

Dont know what to do with my dreadlocks, help!!

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bhang Sent: 2/18/2015 12:45:16 PM

Five years ago, I took the nazarite vow. i started not to cut my hair, and after four years without combing it, now i have long and beautiful natural dreadlocks. but there is a problem. some months ago i realised i am starting to loose my hair, and i am only 19 years old. it is getting worse everytime i look at it, and i dont know if i shall cut them and keep my hair, or keep my dreads an get completely bald in the end ( i am starting to have places where there is almost any hair) please help!!!

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 2/18/2015 2:48:01 PM

I've seen people who retwist their dreads experience this problem,try leaving it or go freeform. Also stay away from elastic bands and tying/wraping the hair too tightly, the I can use a dread or a lace to tie if neccesary as these will not put as much tension on the hair. Make sure you're eating properly.The I can use rosemary,sage,aloe vera in a rinse/dreadlock tea,which will stimulate growth.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/18/2015 2:52:58 PM

How did you notice it?
Most people lose 50-100 hairs a day and this is normal.
But if you are sure it's what it is then you should see a dermatologist and find out the cause of your hair loss.
Could be Testosterone or genetics causing it but other conditions also,therefore it's best to find out by seeing a doc if possible.
And from there you can also check out different options of what to do with it or how to stop it completely.

Messenger: Bhang Sent: 2/18/2015 3:39:18 PM

i started to notice it because i saw the hair line to grow a lot, and now it is like 2 cm... I have always had a good alimentation and also tried not to tight my hair, but i keep losing hair... Some relatives told me it is because of having dreadlocks, as the hair cannot breathe well

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/18/2015 8:04:08 PM

Try this

Healing Hair Oil

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/19/2015 2:06:56 AM

1) Wash them regularly
2) Make sure diet is natural and you are getting your sleep

------------------------------

3) (first 2 suggestions are expected anyway) Use onion juice. This is an age old recipe for hair loss and really is rather dramatic. If you have a juicer, juice a whole onion, if no, blend an onion in the blender and strain through a pair of tights. Rub the juice in. Although I grow them, most people don't have Aloe Vera plants, but you could use that aswell (in it's whole form) if you have it. You can buy leaves at our vegetable market.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/19/2015 5:19:09 AM

Also, a chinese root called "He shou wu" aka "fo ti" is perhaps the most renowned in chinese medicine for it's hair regrowth properties.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 2/19/2015 11:06:09 AM

Pumpkin seed oil, ingested and topical, can and will help stimulate and maintain hair growth. It has been used to treat alopecia and similar problems, for many years.

JAH guide.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 2/20/2015 8:49:01 PM

I do not judge but if the intent was to be all natural and by natural means you are balding, let it happen. I know how you feel but worrying about baldness unless you think you are sick is only vanity. Love to you.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I