Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5991&start_row=1

Role of Caucasians acknowledging H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Sellassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/14/2015 4:20:03 PM

A related reasoning can be found in a thread titled "Caucasians becoming rastafari"

I wish to further examine the role of non afro-shemitic[gentile/white] people/cultures who have been called too and hear THE Word of H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Sellassie.

Using the imagery of a Tree[tree of life/knowledge]I am attempting to elaborate.

The ORIGINal ROOT of humanity. Africa. Black People.
ROOT brings forth the BRANCHES. Europe/Asia/Americas. Non Black People.

Qedamawi[The First] Haile Sellassie[Power of the Trinity] comes FIRST to the ROOT. Africa. Born Lidj Tafari Makonnen[A Child to be Feared] in Ethiopia. Ras[prince] Tafari is the BIRTH-RIGHT name/identity of the African people. The presence of the Christend/Anointed Qedamawi Haile Sellassie re-establishes the knowledge and identity/culture of the ROOT. Africa. This knowledge and grace is the water[sticking with imagery] that grows FIRST the ROOT and THEN the rest of the TREE. Africa is being redeemed spiritually and physically through the MANifestation of H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Sellassie and his hereditary Africans; first and FOREMOST.

The role of those non-African people who have seen the knowledge and grace of this life bringing water need not attach themselves to the birth-right name/identity of Ras Tafari[for doing so is dulling the distinct identity of the African people who deserve their ORIGINal identity and rightful RULE of earth] But to attach oneself to the essence[WORD] of this life bringing water, while not forgetting/disregarding ones own heritage. As a White man who has seen and felt this water[only through the grace of H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Sellassie allowing I], I have a job to do. I feel that I am to WORK WITH THE ROOT to OPEN THE GATES OF THE BRANCHES so that the BRANCHES may receive this much needed water that the ROOT provides.

Even to this day there is a spiritual/mental/physical sickness/poison infecting much of humanity's tree. Especially within the branches.. The wicked mind-set of babylon..

Just as much as it is the responsibility of THE African Ras Tafari people to ITINUE to open their respective ROOT; It is the responsibility of the non-African people; who observe/acknowledge H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Sellassie, to BEGIN to open their respective BRANCH/PEOPLE.

I am not working with separation of labor/deed in and of H.I.M.
I want to build on and unify labor/deed in and of the WORD of H.I.M.
Separating only the specific title/identity of the cultures within the WORD as to ensure the RE-ESTABLISHMENT of the Title/Culture/Identity of THE African ROOT.

I hope this reasoning is of use to some of Jah children who SEE but might not know their direction/ROLE.

Here is a video by a respected Ras Tafari that further elaborates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDMEAMkgYU0

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/14/2015 4:31:34 PM

Moa Anbessa hath prevailed

Just careful on the appropriation of culture.

All nations shall bow before His Majesty

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/14/2015 5:31:40 PM

Yes I!

Personally I think that some cultural behaviors are universal when dealing with the Word of H.I.M.

Such as:
Locks[because they happen naturally in all people devoted to Jah]. Taking a vow similar to that of Sampson; I believe is accessible to anyone who wishes to gain overstanding.
Ganja[because I believe this holy herb IS the body/sacrament of Christ/Anointed and it is entwined with all of humanity].
Love[obviously universal]
These three aspects are intrinsically moving in all of Jah's children.

If these are considered appropriations can you elaborate?

Bless
Hemphill

Messenger: Darius Sent: 2/16/2015 6:49:33 PM

Greetings brother,

Scientifically, we know humankind originated in Africa, or Ethiopia. So it's not a black or white thing, it's a human thing. Rastafari is a way of life, the goal is going back to Ethiopia, or Africa. Rastafari is a black religion as Islam is a white one, Buddhism an Asian one, you know? Hope I gave good input on this.

Blessings,

Mirza Yusuf "Darius" Husayn Ali

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 7:21:22 PM

Yes, it is a HUMAN thing. Qedamawi Haile Sellassie come for the liberation of ALL people. (Africa first and foremost)
It is a reestablishment of identity for Black people that have had that identity taken away from them.
As a 'Caucasian' you have all the right in the world to hear and practice the WORD of H.I.M.[some cultural practices transcend racial boundaries.. i.e. 'a way of life']
As the first post of this topic says, do not attach oneself to the specific identity[Ras Tafari] of the African people who have had this stripped away.. Attach oneself to the WORD and practice what you know is right. Just be careful when saying 'you are a Ras Tafari' for that is the BIRTH-RIGHT name of Black Africans seeking redemption.
Lift the up all of humanity by lifting up people of your heritage..
Yes HUMANITY is all one, but not fully until Africa is redeemed..

Bless up
One Love

Messenger: Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali Sent: 2/16/2015 7:25:23 PM

Yes, as a Caucasion Irish man, also Rastafari. It is a human thing, back to our motherland.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 7:27:12 PM

Personally I think that the knowledge/deed are more important than a label or 'name'. But that is because I have not had I name taken away from IandI. Imagine if your birth-right identity/prestige was taken away your family and just as you are getting it back, other people come in and start using it too... Seen?

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 7:30:46 PM

Practice what has been enlightened to you from H.I.M. No-one is telling you that you cant do that. I am also 'white' but I overstand why it is touchy to call Iself a Ras Tafari.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2015 6:34:48 AM

Darius let me tell you first and foremost there is no repatriation to africa for the White man. Let me tell you that Rastafari are one with the philosophies of Marcus Garvey: Africa for the Africans at home and abroad. The White Man has dabbled and interfered in Africa for too long, when we go home we are coming to restore the balance back into black hands. Ethiopia extended her arms to the Maafa, to the lost african tribes who were criminally taken through the Middle passage, not to Europeans! Anything else will be looked upon as a a temporary visit or an invasion. Lava...

Ark I made a thread on this

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?
message_group=1642&start_row=1

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/9/2015 12:14:14 PM

I have been thinking a lot about my role not only with this forum and Ras Tafari movement but also about my role within this world today. What I constantly come to is that I am in a position that makes a lot of people very uncomfortable. For 1, I am a White man who loves and follows the Black messiahs of our time. I cite H.I.M. Haile Selassie as the Lord. The father. I cite Garvey, Howell, Nesta, and others as prophets pointing out the light of H.I.M. Secondly, I exist in a time of very sensitive race relations; where the historically oppressed are regaining their stolen honor. This makes for very heated attitudes from Black people when dealing with people like me that have not been historically oppressed yet feel the truth of H.I.M. Let me say that I comprehend why this is so. People here feel that my presence alone is a disrespect and trespass upon the regaining of stolen identity and honor. I feel that this is a fair assumption when looking at the surface and majority of those White people who claim to know H.I.M. It also may seem quite typical of a White person to say that I am not the average White person. With that being said, I reject this country and the culture thereof. I know what I feel and I sincerely love the Lord, father of ALL. I recognize the divinity of mankind and those who rise above and shine eternally. I wish to be a part of the rising movement out of Babylon and to help in any way possible. I feel that what I can offer is knowledge and perspective of how the system operates and spread this information so that people can better know the traps and pitfalls of the system. This in and of itself can seem quite out of place as the system has its fingers in nearly everything imaginable. Exposing this can seem like disrespect in some cases -- double standard thread -- I have been met with much rejection on many ideas I express but I must say that no disrespect or hatred is meant with these expressions. There are no misfits or accidents, just things we have yet to comprehend. That is the best way I can describe my position here. Many people do not know how or why a White man would want to know and love H.I.M. I do not know why I have been chosen to see a glimpse of this light but never the less I am here. Doing what I can to add to the rising ship. I am in a spot that makes many people, including myself uncomfortable at times. My role is to work out the kinks and add positivity in any way.. Again, exposing the systems negativity is a positive action with times.. I praise those willing to reason.

Bless
One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I