Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=599&start_row=11

Sodom and Gommorrah

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 2/10/2005 2:53:03 PM

Give thanks for the rasponses..i found the scripture this morning before i got the chance to check the posts..Nuff thanks.

It doesn't specify homosexuality but sexual immorality and wickedness.

Blessed Love
Sista Susan

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 2/10/2005 3:05:34 PM

Greets,

I Just wanted to know for i self because I've heard nuff music and so and they always mention sodom and gomorrah as the origin of batty-man and lesbian and I just wanted to know for Iself.

Yes I have read about lot and his wife previously, but concerning homosexuality and so it doesn't specify it basically shows about sexual immorality.

Blessed Love
Rastafari
Sista Susan

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 2/10/2005 6:05:09 PM

Greetings Idren...I encourage ones to check the 12 Tribes of Israel web site for discussions and reasoning on this very topic...its been a popular one as of late....mostly due to the following, below, which was published on the web a couple weeks ago. I don't know who this author is, but he needs to get his facts straight.
One Love
Jah Rastafari Bless Up,
Joseph I

Little difference between the taliban and the Rasta

Michael A. Dingwall (michael_a_dingwall@hotmail.com)

After the bombing of the world trade center in 2001 a little known group of people, the Taliban, came to the fore of world attention. The Taliban, which has been ruling Afghanistan for quite some time before, was seen to have a direct hand in the attack. This group of people uses religious zeal in its quest to convince others that its way of life is right.

The Rastafarians, who identify with Jamaica and the black race, is also a group of people trying to convince the rest of mankind that their way of life is right. Here in Jamaica, they have many representatives doing all they can to convince the rest of us that we must turn to Selassie, and “bun out” the wickedness that is around us. The Rastas continue to gain considerable power in Jamaica. This being the case, should the rest of us, who are sane, worry?

Lets take a closer look at these peoples, the Rasta and the Taliban, and see why, if we are not careful, Jamaica may end up being another Afghanistan.

The Taliban is notorious for its insistence that everything must be based in the Koran, the holy book of the Muslin faith. However, unlike other Islamic societies, the Taliban believes that the Koran must be taken literally. During its stay in power in Afghanistan, Men are superior to women, the Taliban argued, and as such, women had no place in public. A woman’s place is in the home and her main function was to produce children. On top of that, they were forced to cover their bodies, from head to toe, as stipulated in the Koran.

But what of their men? How did they fear? They were to “be fruitful and multiply” – even if they could not afford to have any. They were not allowed to shave, cut their hair, wear shorts or speak as they wished. Since the women were driven out of school, the men were the only ones. Plus, what they learned changed radically. All educational efforts were directed to “spreading the good news of Allah”. Men had to wear a turban – a length of cloth, about a mile long, to tie around their heads. They were effectively forbidden to participate in many sports, as these would expose too much of their bodies and “offend the great Allah”.

Their society was tightly controlled. Only the Taliban could hold power. All other forms of opposition were crushed. What little media was allowed was completely under the control of the Taliban.

Needless to say, the Taliban was not known to have brought prosperity to the people Afghanistan. On the contrary, due to their outrageous religious policies, there was constant opposition to their rule. Afghanistan had one of the lowest standards of living in the world. It had one of the highest infant mortality rates, lowest life expectancies, its currency was worthless and its people lived in constant war, disease, filth and hunger. The Taliban was notorious for completely mismanaging Afghanistan. They were an ignorant bunch of fanatics, who only understood force and genocide and came very close to destroying the Afghan people. Little wonder, then that nobody was sad to see them kicked out of power. Even the Islamic Republic or Iran, a very conservative Islamic state, branded the Taliban as “an insult to Islam”.

Now to our Rastafarians. Here in Jamaica, we have seen how “intelligent” they are. They are very prominent in our popular music – dancehall. They are known to openly advocate the killing of people they don’t like. People must be killed for very trivial reasons – like being disrespectful to Selassie, being a homosexual, a policeman (or Babylon, as they call them), or anybody else they don’t like. Despite well-established facts, including Selassie’s own denial and Marcus Garvey referring to Rastafarians as a bunch of “fanatics”, they still believe that the late Ethiopian emperor, Selassie, is god. They detest anyone who says otherwise. Recently, in St. Lucia, some of them even attacked a church, killing several persons, all the name of their dead god. These twits are very fanatical in their religious beliefs and the word “tolerance” is nowhere to be found in their dictionary.

Like the Taliban, they still refuse to come to grips with model fashion. They insist that true Rastas must not cut their hair, as “cutting hair is not found in the bible”, as one silly Rasta puts it. In addition, they refuse to practice proper hygiene – the hair is also not to be combed. Many of them these days wear a turban, like the Taliban.

Their choice of fashion, however, is totally irrelevant, especially when compared to what they want civilized people to put into their lungs. The smoking of ganja, contrary to well-established scientific facts, is supposed to be good for you. Here in Jamaica, our ignorant Rastas believe that smoking ganja actually makes one a smart and brilliant person. They believe in this nonsense so much that many of them call ganja “sensimania”. They purposely refuse to acknowledge well-established facts, that ganja is harmful. They even attempt to legitimize its use, quoting ridiculous bible passages to justify smoking it.

Many of them now claim that Jamaica is now ripe for a Rasta government. However, based on how they behave, if they should ever get power, we would be doomed. Recently, a well-known Rastafarian musician was asked what he would do if he was Prime Minister for a day. His response, on public television – “everybody have to pack up and go back to Ethiopia!” This is the stupid, yet typical, pre-occupation of most Rastas. They would enforce a society where our women would be treated as dirt, if we can take what many of them preach in their music. Since we would all have to worship Selassie in music and ganja, Jamaica would immediately see a complete halt in its intellectual development. There would be no need to pursue knowledge, as Selassie would provide us with everything we will ever need. All homosexuals would be killed and, oh yes, there would be no Babylon policemen to harass “di I”. Our Christian churches would be emptied of their laughable and naked Jesus-effigies and replaced with very black and dread locked Selassies. Nobody would have use for a barbershop or a comb, since we would all be forced to become mop-heads. Our beards would become longer than Moses’ and we would all have ganja-breath. People would no longer greet each other with “good morning” or “good evening”. The new greeting would definitely be “more fire!” or “slew dem!” Our National Family Planning Board would be disbanded, seeing that we would all have to fulfill the biblical “edict” and “be fruitful and multiply”.

Seeing that all of this is likely, should our Rastafarians become more powerful, and seeing what the Taliban did to Afghanistan, we in Jamaica should keep a close eye on these crazies. Our population has already proven that it will put up with any amount of garbage that it is given. It already has a very ignorant population and life is getting more unbearable by the day. The population is being thoroughly “ignorantized”, mainly by our musicians (of which our Rastas are a major part) and with the help of the media. We may not like to hear this, but Jamaica is indeed ripe for a Rasta government, not because these Selassie-fanatics are capable of improving the situation, but because the population is too ignorant to resist.

It is of the utmost importance that we Jamaicans remain very vigilant. Afghanistan was so obliterated by the Taliban that it eventually necessitated external intervention to halt the Taliban-inflicted suicide. Our Rastas continue to gain increasing power. If allowed, they will destroy our society. Then, it would be too late. Everybody knows it, but no one will admit the fact – that the Rasta is an obstacle for and an embarrassment to the black race.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/10/2005 6:33:09 PM

If it is true what he say about them murders, and "they detest anyone who thinks different", these are not our true brethren. They doing wickedness, I dont believe I's put anyone down. I n I believe it is ok to do what you want, I will simply tell you some "Truth" and if think Selassie I not the way I just know where Iyah gonna go after departing. I dont say this but I think it, I hang around many people who dont accept Selassie and sometimes no religon at all. I know what I believe in is right but I will not force you to believe me and I may sound arogant when I do think that I way is right but it is only I in the world amongst many others.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2005 1:09:22 AM

Sodom and Gommorrah were places of many iniquities, in them were murderers, rapists, thieves, homosexuals and many other things. They were cities full of many wicked acts.

RasTafarI told Abraham,

Genesis 18
20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Abraham asked RasTafarI if Jah will destroy the righteous with the wicked, he asked if there were fifty righteous within the city will RasTafarI spare the place.

RasTafarI told him "If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes."

Abraham then continued to ask if there were 45 righteous, 40, 30, 20, 10. Each time RasTafarI said that Jah would spare the city.

RasTafarI sent two Angels to Sodom and Lot saw them and told them to come inside wash their feet and rest for the night, but the Angels told them that they would stay in the streets. But Lot insisted that they forward into his home and they followed. Lot didn't want them to stay outside because he knew that the men of the city would try to rape them.

But before they rested, numerous old and young men of the city came and told Lot,

Genesis 19
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

For those that don't know, in the Old English that the King James Bible was written in, when they said, "that we may know them", it means to have sex.

Lot asked them to not do such a wicked thing and told them that he has two virgin daughters that he could bring out instead. I don't know why he offered his daughters to those wicked men, but that is what he offered.

The men told Lot that they would do much worse to him if he didn't give up the angels and they came to break the door.

The angels pulled Lot into the house and smote the men with blindness. They then told Lot to bring his family with him and leave Sodom because they were going to destroy it.

Genesis 19
13For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

Lots sons in law didn't believe Lot so he left with only his wife and two daughters. The angels brought them out of the city and told them to escape for their life and to not look behind.

So Jah RasTafarI rained Brimstone and Fire upon Sodom and Gomorrah destroying everything.

Lots wife looked back towards the city because her heart was still there and she turned into a pillar of salt. And salt is Fire, so she burned in her iniquity.

It is not necessary for I and I to do anything to hurt or kill homosexual people. Let the dead bury the dead. It is time for their line of life to end, so they will not continue forward to future generations. That is why the laws say that they shall surely die, their blood shall be upon them. Their blood is on their own hands because they have killed themself.

I made a Reasoning about how I see Life, the link is below. And RasTafarI is a trodition of Life, not Death, so I and I will Itinue for generations upon generations.

Life

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/11/2005 12:09:20 PM

I think the main point here is real simple, perversion of God's Law brings execution of Universal Law. What goes around comes around. As for homosexuality... if your not gay, leave them man alone. Trust me them man don't sit around having conversations about the morality of a heterosexual relationship, why should we discuss them man life? You can't change them, judging them only effects your own karma. Hate is hate, no matter who/what you hate. Sodom and Gommorrah is a story, and as holy books are written in code/ metaphores, etc, all you can know for sure is; listen to the word of The One who knows and you shall recieve goodness, all other matters are not your concern. Or mind your own business...

Peace Love & FREDOM
Empress Nzingha
www.geocities.com/nzingha

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 2/11/2005 3:31:10 PM

Greetings

I'm not sitting around making conversation about homosexuality..who am i to judge a one how a one lives their life.. I leave that to the creator. I'm just seeking for truth and not "buying" into everything that is heard. Give thanks again for the responses.

Blessed Love
Sista Susan

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 2/11/2005 5:08:50 PM

Yes I blessed love I-tiually, Rastafari!

Give thanks Emperess for the word-sound-power....If the sistren has a chance, please go to the 12 Tribes of Israel web site and cut/paste your response there, under the "Rastafari and the Gay Community" topic. InI really appreciate hearing your response...I have been on the 12 Tribes site for some 2 weeks now, reasoning etc with breden there. I have been trying to make some of the same points that the I made in her response...but sometimes, it seems to fall on deaf ears...I got a lot of fiyah responses, as I expected...and a couple of tolerance and love.
For InI this should not be Rasta business...just to stay on our respective trods and and purify our own livities, individually and collectively...and to show love wherever possible, just as Iyesus and HIM showed.
One Love
Jah Bless
Joseph I

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I