Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5988&start_row=11

How are you uplifting the nation

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/13/2015 12:45:29 PM

In terms of OAU - my rationale is very much with the Casablanca block and their philosophy

I have all of the works of Nkrumah, and place him next to Marcus

Please remember Selassie I NOT Gadafi was set to be the leader of the united African states. Gadafi came later and changed up the plans for his own gain, but it was very much set for HIM.

Irie

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/13/2015 12:57:33 PM

REVOLUTION

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 2/13/2015 1:42:59 PM

Yes King,
iHis Majesty was to chair as the leader for the united african states, Gadaffi did have some good ideas as well i will do more research on him.
But there is something i feel maye the i has not overstood fully, iman said that getting out of the icc is a priority no aftican should be judged by the imperialists any more but as i said pres Uhuru wants to spend 90bn to help buil an african court, iman feel that is not a goo idea as the country right now needs that money more than ever. I suggested that comprosing with the courts already built in Africa and i think Tanzania does have one created we should use that instead of spending that much money. It will not be a wise economic move at all.

Iman want to know what the i's opinion is now that all african states will soon get out of the icc, what next step should be done an how do you think africans will help to uphold the rule of law? Also who will have to pay for the 2007-2008 election violence that occurred in the country, up to now, no one has answered for anything most have evaded. and one has been set free, two are left with their cases still at the icc.

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 2/14/2015 7:48:53 AM

Heart of love Selassie I tha first nd foriva more I agree wit Garveys Africa just to add on what the I has said the ICC has even a reward for being a cool puppet check out how they rewarded Botswana
Inda midst of the recent rancour and controversy in the relationship between African Union (AU) member states and the International Criminal Court (ICC), it was all too easy to forget that one state decided to take a rather valiant stand. When the African Union recently passed a resolution calling into question the conduct of the ICC and claiming that it had unfairly targeted African leaders, the sub-Saharan nation of Botswana decided it wasn’t having any of it.

If you read the AU resolution, you’ll notice that it includes a single footnote which reads: “The Reservation of the Republic of Botswana on the entire decision was entered.” But for that small footnote marring the title of the Resolution, the AU’s anti-ICC pact is otherwise pristine. For those who follow baseball, the footnote is akin to the asterisk hanging over the names of players whose records are tainted by steroid use – except that, in this case, the asterisk denotes courage not cowardice.

Sadly, it was only Botswana that decided to take a stand against the AU Resolution. It came as a disappointment that other state which had previously engaged the ICC and supported its work, including Ivory Coast and South Africa, threw their weight behind the Resolution. Even The Gambia, which reportedly considered voting against the Resolution out of support for the ICC’s Gambian Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, sided with the AU.

So why did Botswana do it?

Seretse Khama Ian Khama of Botswana sitting with ICC President Judge Song and former President of the Assembly of States Parties, Christian Wenaweser. (Photo: CICC)

Botswana’s ambassador to Kenya, John Moreti states clearly that his country’s decision had nothing to do with the Botswana’s position towards Kenyan President Uhuro Kenyatta or Vice President William Ruto, both of whom face charges at the ICC stemming from Kenya’s 2007/08 post-election violence. Instead, Moreti suggested that the AU’s Resolution was an unhelpful and deleterious political move that would only antagonize the Court and pull the African hinder improved relations with the international community. He added that he thought there was “no problem with the Court” and that any dislike of the Prosecutor did not amount to dislike for the Court itself.

What is so remarkable about Botswana’s dissent is that there is no evidence that it stemmed from any realpolitik calculation. Sure, Botswana will (and has) reaped praise for its commitment to the ICC and its decision to vote against the Resolution will undoubtedly boost its reputation in human rights and international justice sectors. But how much is a high-five from Human Rights Watch worth in comparison to the potential political and economic costs of being the sole voice opposing the African Union? To be sure, Botswana surely faces some very unhappy leaders on the continent.

Of course, there is a risk in being too state-centric here. Botswana is not “alone” in its stance against the African Union. It is quite clear that millions of African citizens support the ICC and international criminal justice – even if it hasn’t always lived up to their expectations.

Still, Botswana deserves all of the praise it is receiving. It appears that their position is one of pragmatism and principle rather than merely political calculation. Bensouda’s remarks from July 2011 could easily be repeated again:

“Botswana has not been hesitant in publicly maintaining her stance on such matters being determined by the ICC.  It is one of those few countries, especially in Africa, that encourage the work of the ICC and one of the countries that take their responsibility under the ICC Statute very seriously. This has not changed over the years.”

The Kenyan news report presents Botswana as “Africa’s renegade nation”. But Botswana’s decision to stand alone in the face of the AU’s anti-ICC rhetoric shouldn’t be derided. It is remarkable and praiseworthy. If there was an ICC member-state of the year award, Botswana would be a front-runner.

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 2/14/2015 7:39:07 PM

Greeting Lords
Iman feel that i may have come too strongly while voicing ipinion and would like to offer the utmost highest apology. Iman have alot of burning questions and i share them everywhere i go. I know getting out of icc is a crucial point in Africa and many aspects have to be adhered to as well so ini know that Africa does have a long way to go and will soon get there through the help of Rastafari.
Iman feel ini should resume to the main question as to how ini are uplifiting the nations as respresentatives of Rastafari, through this we voice our iponions and share ideas that may improve ini along the way.
It crucial right now for ini to start doing the changes that ini have talked about and this forum will be a historical landmark for the i's.
More love itection and guidance. Blessed.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/15/2015 6:56:57 AM

opinion is now that all african states will soon get out of the icc, what next step should be done an how do you think africans will help to uphold the rule of law? Also who will have to pay for the 2007-2008 election violence that occurred in the country, up to now, no one has answered for anything most have evaded. and one has been set free, two are left with their cases still at the icc.

I hear what you are saying and I agree. It's just the bigger picture. For me the root of these problems is the same and the MAIN priority. Until Africans can travel across other african countries without a visa, until african countries can trade with each other free from external pressures embargoes and restrictions set by foreign none african countries, until the minerals cobalt diamond Etc trade has been placed back into the hands of Africans, until a sensible land redistribution scheme takes place, until all criminally lead debts which the White world claim African countries owe are completely destroyed....... Then africa will continue to have these problems. Maybe the indigenous courts will allow for some of this. Africa needs to become an untouchable conglomerate rightly more powerful than the EU

It's not just the leaders but the system that needs to change. We need revolution.

Africa for Africans at home and abroad
Casablanca block!

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I