Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5987&start_row=1

Haile Selassie I Revised Amharic Bible

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/8/2015 7:36:43 PM

Greetings, I name is Ethan Hemphill. I am interested in advancing IandI studying of Ras Tafari. I have read the Kebra Negast as well as some preliminary notes on H.I.M revised Amharic Bible. The purpose of this topic is to gain some clarification from people who may have a copy of H.I.M book of the seven seals. Mainly i want to know if the holy book has an English translation..? The KJV just wont cut it for IandI. The original scripture has been revealed by Selassie I and I have a burning to witness it. Any information would be much appreciated.

Jah Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/9/2015 5:59:37 AM

The original scriptures are in Hebrew and Greek and are very much accessible. Why not go directly for the source yourself? You know Haile Selassie didn't sit down and translate the 81 books himself, just as King James didn't. Just a thought. Unless you speak and understand Ahmaric, perfectly; then to translate from Hebrew/Greek to Amharic to English is a three way thing, much more room for mistakes and error compared to a direct Hebrew to English or better yet if de I learn Hebrew and done. Primary sources

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 2/9/2015 8:51:29 AM

Very true Iya GA. InI am on the trod of learning Hebrew I self. Amharic is next. InI have noticed though, from the little Hebrew and Amharic I have picked up, they have similarities.

I would have to Igree though. Learn Hebrew. It will help the I overstand the 'original' scriptures. InI wouldn't limit Iself to just Hebrew though. Like Iya Damian said, "some of the smartest dummies, can't read language of Egyptian mummies". Nah mean?

Bless up the Iducation. Best of luck on the trod. The 'Living Language Hebrew' set is great. InI am using it and picking it up quickly. Read/write/speak modern and biblical Hebrew. 4 books and 9 disc, plus internet classes. All for $35.

Selassie I hath prevailed.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 2/17/2015 12:32:30 AM

Bless up Ras Nazir,

gwan learn the thing king, follow what Yah placed in your heart, Iman is doing the same thing, plus it is a beautful thing to leanr a nother language economically and socially, there is nuff resources available now to learn the language fluently. Selassie I guidance kingman

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/17/2015 12:42:12 AM

1forTruth: I appreciate the encouragement. Soon I will be moving from Kansas to California to follow I Empress.. In a visit to Oakland we had a meal from an Ethiopian spot[Amazing by the way].. Maybe some of the Ethiopian customers could lend a hand in the studies. Seems like it will be a long study. Sellassie give I strength!

Bless Up
One Love

Messenger: Eliged Sent: 4/29/2020 4:45:09 AM

Haile has revised the bible for the readers and different proponents of the religion. The content of the bible and best essays are employed for the rigorous studies for the religion. The bible is fully implemented for the candidates and stunting the field of the church.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I