Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5979&start_row=1

Sizzla message 2015

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2015 7:41:54 AM

FIYAH

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 2/1/2015 10:07:10 AM

Yes I, jus watch dis yah yesterday, Blazing!

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 2/1/2015 3:47:16 PM

yo big up kalonji keeping it 100 always

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 2/2/2015 7:26:01 PM

The Bible was also used to justify the enslavement of black people...how is downpression of gay people any less than the downpression of any other people?

Solidarity.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 2/2/2015 7:31:28 PM

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

Slaves are to be under the control of their masters in all respects, giving them satisfaction, not talking back to them or stealing from them, but exhibiting completely good faith, so as to adorn the doctrine of God our savior in every way. (Titus 2:9-10)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse. (1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. (Numbers 31:7-18)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2015 7:27:53 AM

Keep that bible talk elsewhere shiva, This thread is about repecting the words of the Rasta elders. I don't know of any of i ancestors being 'freed after 6 years' Slaves mentioned in the bible are prisoners of war and people paying off debts through servitude, to compare that to our history through the middle passage is insane. Our attempted genocide, kidnapping and chattel slavery is incomparable in history.

It's not about bible. It's about never being accepted in Jamaican culture, never being accepted in our traditional ancestral african cultures of late or anciency. African cultures tend not to open accept gays in the ways of this western culture. It's not us. And sizzla didn't use bible alone to explain his reasoning,that was one out of many valid arguments put forward.

Fire on gays. Rasta is all about promotion of LIFE and anyone who living goes directly against that principle must ketch a Fire

Kalonji say, this mission is not about that alone..... Why this issue is brought up over and over again is strange. RASTA trinity man wombman and child and people asking why rasta don't agree with gays.

Clean living
1 jah 1 aim 1 destiny

Manners

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 2/3/2015 12:23:59 PM

For some reason I cannot post what I originally wrote, so I will leave these links for reference.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/4/homosexuality-africamuseveniugandanigeriaethiopia.html

http://thinkafricapress.com/gender/homosexuality-un-african-colonialism

These articles are all about how homosexuality has been a part of some African cultures since as long as there's been culture. Homophobia didn't become predominant in Africa until AFTER european colonization. Same-sex couples are NOT un-African. They are a part of African history. Are you suggesting that an African who is gay is not an African?

Hate is hate, intolerance is intolerance. I do not understand why it is hard to grasp that no movement is perfect and perhaps Africa is conditioned by the same downpressive hetero-normative practices as its European adversaries?

I am all for the right to reason, and we all hold our own opinions...but I cannot stand by and watch ignorance and intolerance dominate a movement that is supposed to be about African UNITY. You are all rational and compassionate people...but all of this intolerance is based on nothing but dogma and an intolerance for those who find happiness in something that you do not.

Are you suggesting that a straight couple who does not procreate is going against life? What of adoption? What of taking in one of the millions of children who are homeless or orphaned...is this not advancing life? What is Life and who is to say what is against life? Life is to enjoy, and for nobody to dictate to another...if you are to be prejudice based on what is "pro-life" than nearly all we do for recreation is unnecessary. Should the straight couple who has sexual relations for pleasure and not to procreate be fiyah buned? I should hope not. Smoking ganja is not pro-life at all...in fact to many it is dirty and unhealthy, perhaps ganja should stay illegal and all who partake should bun. Perhaps those who smoke the spliff, which is obviously cancerous, should be tossed in the fiyah. After all it's all about life and being clean, right?

I bring up the bible quotes because Sizzla opens his argument with the bible and explicitly says Jamaica is a bible island.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 2/3/2015 12:36:47 PM

I am all for the right to reason, and to hold our own opinions...but I am sorry, I will not concede to intolerance of any kind even if it is coming from my brothers and sisters with whom I am struggling with. You strike me as someone intelligent and fiercely compassionate, it is sad to me that hate of any kind can be planted in the hearts of even the most rational and caring individuals.

I know this is an unpopular opinion here, and that my words might be seen as hostile or reactionary. I hope some of you see this for what it is, no organization or movement is perfect and I should hope that when these imperfections are addressed that the community can respond with integrity and reason as opposed to dogma, hate, and intolerance.

Jah Bless ALL of Iration

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 2/3/2015 8:42:45 PM

Gerd with yo homo agenda ish, just More more propaganda for homosexual agenda pushing, publish SOCALLED evidence fa make African governments more tolerant of gays! These people think they clever and swill stop at nothing to push they agenda.
Africa has over 2000 different cultures with untold number of millenia of Istory,how can 20 "proofs" represent African culture?

There were gays in OT biblical times or else there wouldna been need to make laws against but it WASNT ACCEPTED or NORMAL as a cultural aspect of the culture!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/4/2015 8:14:15 AM

It tends not be be openly accepted in African culture as it is in today's western societies

- this is what I said and it still holds. I'm not talking about you finding one gay african here or there I am talking about being openly accepted by the society and or law. Or even pushed and open promoted as we see out here in Babylon. One or two cases don't make it so. A balanced look on the issue of homosexuality within African culture as a whole and throughout history, I can conclude It's not an African thing. Looking toward all of the Great Empires of African history, buggering was completely ruled out..... Old Testament to the 42 laws of maat to the empires of west africa up until today....

The bible was mentioned as a reference point for Jamaicans who tend to use such for an idea of 'their' precolonial history. Whether you use bible or not I think the point being made is valid.

Gays are mentally ill / wicked, and we don't agree with it. If you hold a reverence for your culture, your mother and father and the preservation of life, then rightfully so you wouldn't inna it. Man and wombman law, as Kalonji mention just like the Jamaica coat of arms

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I