Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5970&start_row=1

What happens to the I before birth?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 1/25/2015 5:18:29 AM

A lot of people of various faiths wonder what will happen to them after death. But the I's concern is quite opposite - where are InI BEFORE we come to this world? How comes that we cannot remember anything before we were at least 2-3 yrs old? Some different type of consciousness maybe? Or it's a proof that there'll be nothing after death as well?
Bless-sings

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/25/2015 5:41:50 AM

You can remember. Via your mother and father which is what you came from and thus what you were before you were born. You do remember from 1 and 2 years old but just not consciously. You also remember things from generations and generations ago, instinctively. Before life is Life.

Rastaman is the original man

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/26/2015 1:18:19 PM

Bfore birth u are in yo mama 's womb, bfore dat u are in another livin body. As soon as de body die u get another body. Dats why when u die Rasta seh u pass flesh. From de womb through bitrth & death to de womb. From Fire through Water & Air to Fire, from Water through Air & Fire to Water, from Air through Fire & Water to Air. Life is cycle dat consist of two main stages (amongst many substages) which is birth & passin flesh (death). After death comes birth & after birth comes death. Bless

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/26/2015 1:31:00 PM

Ites Love Kings!
Iman Black Heart and Garveys Africa have answered perfectly.
I do remember before this lifetime age 2 or 3. I have a memory of Eyes looking down at baby hands unhooking a dog leash, I was maybe 11mo. I also remember before that, more than I can prove is real... But if it is not a memory, what is it, imagination? And is it in that sense just as real as a memory?
Bless UP ☥;s for this reasoning Iyah.
More love

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/26/2015 1:43:46 PM

U cant rmember yo early days from birth bcos what was heppening around u by dat time was not stored in yo brain s' storage drive. Yo brain had not yet fully developed its storage drive to store recorded things. U can only recall things dat heppened after yo memory drive was fully developed & ready to start workin. U can't rmember de things bfore de last death or things in previous life simply bcos u are using a new body with new brain, so de Momory die with body & brain. Seen

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2015 8:43:49 PM

Black heart it depends what you mean by memory. If you had no memory of when you were age 0-2 then your basically saying your brain dead. The brain works by remembering synapses and past experiences. But what you are reasoning and rightfully, is conscious memory. For example, it's not conscious memory Whe make a baby know how/why to suckle a breast, this come instinctive. It's not conscious memory whe make I and I a rebel, and revolutionary. I carry the memory of the wickedness and sufferation perpetuated onto I people from hundreds of years of white and thousands of years of Arab supremacy. I never come learn about these things I always knew in I self. And I sons and daughters will grow with the same Fire, not through anything they learn but it just there....

So you can't use that logic when iah talk about genetic ancestral memory or early developmental 'memory' from the earliest ages. All being subconscious.

Black love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2015 8:54:58 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25156510

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/26/2015 9:23:45 PM

Yes I Lord. Not necesserily brain death but de brain was still developing & had not reached de stage where it start storing everything u see. Just like de fact dat u could not walk yet u were not paralysed but yo legs & feet were not yet ready to support de body in walkin. Some of de things dat de I can refere to as memory from past life is actualy through de help of other sources of memory store like other people, writings e.t.c. Some of de things we do from birth come natural through instincts

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 1/26/2015 9:45:29 PM

D I should look into Children and Reincarnation, one such case was in I State; Lafayette, Louisiana.

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 1/27/2015 2:59:18 PM

Thanks for all the answers and the link. The I was a little ill recently and unable to post. So there could be a little "sparks" of our consciousness that could reappear in the next generation. Maybe the reincarnation concept is true ;).

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I