Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5967&start_row=1

Solomonic titles

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Conquering Lion Sent: 1/21/2015 1:41:39 AM

I've read that kings before Rastafari also had the title "Conquering Lion of Judah". If anyone has knowledge on this, please share. And if you say whether it is true or not, I-man need sources. Not just hearsay.

Besides that, take a look at this original painting of Christ. It looks just like H.I.M. http://03varvara.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/unknown-artist-christ-pantocrator-st-catherine-monastery-mount-sinai-egypt-6th-century-2/

Messenger: Shasatabe Makonnen Sent: 1/22/2015 11:25:14 AM

very cool find. give thanks and praises to the Most High King Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/22/2015 12:45:18 PM

Not sure about conquering lion but I heard other Ethiopian emperors were called king of kings before HIM.
However note that the lion of judah is one of the titles of His Ivine majesty and also the lion only appeared on the flag in 1897.HIM was born on 1892,and many non RasTa people loyal to HIM also associate the lion with HIM specifically.
HIM also has the title the light of the world,a title given to Christ and to no other Ethiopian emperor before HIM.

InI had a reasoning some time ago about that pantocrater painting.Looks very similar to HIM undoubtedly.

Give thanks
Negusa Nagast RasTafarI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2015 9:57:31 PM

At the beginning of Haile Selassie I speeches and letters, He writes

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

Messenger: Conquering Lion Sent: 1/23/2015 2:37:26 AM

Good point Idren. Thanks for sharing

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/23/2015 8:17:17 AM

Revelation 5:5 prophecy it come from!

1 - 6