Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5965&start_row=11

Rastafarians and Stealing?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/19/2015 11:37:00 PM

Truthful my king. So anyone who is a thief is Babylon. Elder Burning Spear said it clear in his song dat anyone can be babylon, so any car thief is babylon. Burn vanity, burn theft.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/20/2015 12:21:11 AM

Ises Black Heart.
I'm not saying stealing is good or stealing someones car is fine.
I'm saying in certain situations it's different.Like the movie King GA mentioned is an example.
Question;has the I ever watched the movie Rockers and if yes then what does the I think of stealing in such a situation(movie ending)?
Something similar to the Robin Hood myth,stealing from the rich to give to the poor?

And if the I them still think it's wrong in such situations,WHY is it wrong?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2015 12:47:45 AM

I and I Trod is not the trod of wickedness. RasTafarI don't steal, and RasTafarI don't kill their brothers and sisters with death drugs. Even though any of us from time to time might deal with some sort of wickedness, I and I should never justify the wickedness we deal with, but instead acknowledge it, Burn it out and Blaze it until it is defeated.

RasTafarI is a Trod, so when we are not Trodding in Right, we can't call that RasTafarI, we are like Babylon in those times, not like RasTafarI. Although some want to think that RasTafarI is a Trod where people just freely do whatever they want, it is not so. RasTafarI has Ways and Rights. There are variations on some things but other things have no variation, no matter if people claim that the variation is there.

People who deal with wickedness and call that RasTafarI are not only a disgrace to themselves and their ancestors, they are a disgrace to Haile Selassie and are doing a disservice to other RasTafarI people, by portraying to the world a misrepresentation of I and I, to give them cause against I and I, when it was never I and I that was the cause.

Imagine somebody trying to justify wicked behavior to Haile Selassie I? If anybody thinks Haile Selassie would agree, then they have no Iverstanding of who RasTafarI is and what He stands for.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2015 12:57:46 AM

Steal from the rich, who steals from the rich? Only the rich do that.

Mostly the thieves that make such a claim just steal from people who work hard to make a living and provide life for their family.

Fire Burn thievery and false excuses and justification.

Excuses Again

Praises unto the Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

Jah is Great, and Greatly to be Praises. Selassie I Greatness is unsearchable.

Never forget that it is Selassie I name that I and I Trod by, so it is up to I and I to Live according to Jah Name.

Haile Selassie I shows I and I how to Live, not to show us what we can't be, but to show I and I what I and I are supposed to be, and are capable of being.

The sooner I and I realize that it is only ourselves that are stopping I and I, the better it will be for I and I Rising. The excuses are not Real and never have been; the Real and True is that I and I are Created in the Image of Haile Selassie I.

As I showed in the Don't look down Reasoning, I and I are not supposed to use this knowledge of our filthiness to bring ourselves further down, I and I see it so that I and I can Fight it and Blaze it until it is Gone.

The only thing stopping us is we. Nothing else, not babylon, not situation, not any other foolish imagination and excuse that we think of to avoid I and I True Image.

Every day that we make an excuse we are in risk of the final death, of being blotted out of the Book of the Living. That is how foolish our excuses are, foolish unto death.

Resist the devil and the devil will flee. Resist temptation and temptation will flee. A simple choice that we continually avoid because of our comfortable excuses.

Myself, like all of we are guilty of the same. I have blazed out some of I excuses, and I have more to blaze. I make sure that I remind Iself of the excuses that remain so that I don't forget that they are excuses and trick myself into thinking they are real.

Live for Selassie I, or you will lead yourself dead for nothing.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2015 4:32:22 AM

Doesn't the idea of stealing a loaf of bread come from Jah hola Bible? Just saying.

But nobody has a right to tell a nex one dem not a ras. If I steal something tonight, the act may not be encouraged promoted or justified by the trod but nobody can't come tell I I different to the I I was yesterday. Rasta is Rasta is Rasta. Every man a 'sinner' and make mistake. Not saying there are excuses but It's on the man own conscious and where his intentions are. Nobody knows if the man started out in dem life, then he sight Rasta and whether or not he making any conscious effort to remove himself from that path. All we know is hearsay from a 'friend'

More strength, more Fire. Hope man find the right Irection to Liberation

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2015 4:50:58 AM

But clearly nobody is saying rasta believe in stealing Rasta believe in selling hard

But who wouldn't know that about Rasta?

It's the 'disqualify from being a Rasta' that sound funny to me. The man don't have to answer to nobody but Jah.

LIVE UP

clean hands....

My the words of I mouth and iditation of I heart be acceptable Oh JAH

RasTafarI

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/20/2015 5:18:39 AM

Ises Ras Nate. I never watched those movies de I mention & I still stand by I words (just like Ark I reasoned) dat stealing is unjustifiable. I question to de I & Garvey Africa is: Have u ever had something u work so hard for bein stolen? I man is a victim & I know how it hurts (can u imagine growin some herb to ern a living, u work hard fo 4 months then some people take yo harvest just when u are about to get income from it, u remain with nothing). Without apology I burn theft.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/20/2015 7:56:33 AM

----------------------------
Steal from the rich, who steals from the rich? Only the rich do that.

Mostly the thieves that make such a claim just steal from people who work hard to make a living and provide life for their family.
-----------------------------

I'm just giving a random example of a situation where it wouldn't be such wickedness.
I don't see why thieves who steal from hard working people would have to make that claim,either way they would just be deceiving themselves or fooling around making such a claim.

Imagine a situation where a corrupt rich man who lives of robbing those who already don't have much and live in the ghetto is accidentaly walking by on the wrong street at the wrong time and someone who has to feed his kids but doesn't have food from that very ghetto is there and sees an expensive watch on the rich man's hand,will it be wickedness to take that watch off his hand and sell it afterwards to provide food for his family?

Overstand that I am not talking about statistics of most thieves and their moral attitude etc..but I'm simply curious if in certain situations wich are potentially possible stealing is still unjustified (before JAH not men).

----- Luke 18
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” ----

Iman agree with burning all excuses to commit wikedness.But RasTa must also be careful and considering about the situation before condemning someone else,especially other RasTafarI.

----- "He who stands before you or Us for trial is equally our brother. To think that we may tomorrow find ourselves in his place, that posterity will also find itself in the same difficult situation, in a fundamental applicable to all professions. "

-HIM Haile I selassie I --------

Give thanks for replying Black Heart.
Good point GA.

Blessed to all

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/20/2015 1:48:23 PM

Ras Nate. Did de I read carefuly de question behind dis thread? De original question was about stealing (especialy cars) in Rasta trod. It did not specify whether from de rich or de poor. So to answer de question from de brother who started dis thread I man seh stealing does disqualify one from bein a Rasta. Rasta don't steal. Brother, please don't condone stealing fo dat is sending de wrong info & its destroying de good reputation dat Rasta is strugling to build against de outcast status.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/20/2015 3:21:49 PM

Blessed LOVE to All.
Iwombman Ipprecilove the I's different perspectives on this one, but I hope that I&I can all Igree on this:
Each human, whether Ras or Muslim or Buddhist, has potential in One to be a beautiful positive impact in the Irth. Stealing is anti-ONENESS meaning it is literally ש;ט;ן; "stn" the adversary, satan; it is Set. Therefore, no human should steal, but all should make an Itribution to the communal whole, drawing from their deepest passion to manifest JAH will up on the Irth, uplifting the Iself and others to the I best Ibility.

As a friend I would share encouragement with the bredren to seek a more positive level of creativity and manifestation.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I