Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5948&start_row=21

Astrotheology

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 11:01:17 AM

Manny Buddhists choose not to use the word God....... similarly, they don't want to fall into the trap of presumption.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 11:18:00 AM

Finally, as it wasn't addressed

The reason I ask does God have a nature or is God nature?

Because if God is nature then automatically the idea of 'a being' or supernatural etc doesn't come into play. There is no separation we are it. So the word God becomes an insufficient or inaccurate descriptive.

If God has a nature then you are basically personifying. Now things become external. Now God has a character, God has likes and dislikes, God instructs people in their native tongues..... etc. as the Bible suggests.

Apologies for the disjointed response

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 1/15/2015 2:15:00 PM

seen Iman agree with what the I has said,Ini dont have to use the word god in ini trod, the angle I was coming from was more .... god in a eurocentric perspective came before the word was made in germany,how do we even know it was originally a european idea just because Europe confuses the world with that perception of the word today. It seems that it is coming from europe's misoverstanding of our ancient traditions(e.g zeus was the name of a cushite pharoah and adapted into greek mythology, the cushites probably didnt see their zeus as a supernatural figure as the greeks did).still, iman dont know so i wont make a statement,perhaps a one here could reason more into that?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 3:35:18 PM

Good point. The Greeks were amazed with what they encountered in Kemet. Everything about their society sciences and religion was based from their misunderstandings of Kemetic principles. They believed their Gods lived in the mountains of the Nile..... What does that tell you? If one is saying that is the true origin of the God concept as we know it today - not Germany but from the GrecoRoman simpleton misunderstandings of complex african practices mixed with their own perverted beliefs then yes, I will concede dat.

I still not using the word.

Haile Haile Haile I

Powers

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/15/2015 8:04:50 PM

In your opinion, is there any English word that can be used to describe what Shango, Abassi, Ra or Osiris is?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2015 9:00:20 PM

They are exactly that, Shango, Abassi, Re and Ausar.To generalise them into one is unnecessary from they each come from a unique perspective..... and clearly already have names. Shango is an ancestral spirit, and for the latter two they are referred to as Neteru

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/15/2015 11:41:17 PM

Seen

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 27

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I